Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I've not experienced low SS on RCCL except for the new studios....perhaps there are rare exceptions. The only time I had a low SS was when NCL upgraded my Getaway cruise....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

A year or so ago RCCL and Celebrity gave some great solo rates. One of the t/a's this spring had no single supplement if you booked it around last September. By the time I bought a future cruise certificate the offer was withdrawn but I just couldn't put down a $400. deposit at that time. I just got back from a Norwegian Breakaway cruise. No single supplement. Price went down by $20. on my inside so I decided to upgrade to ocean view for $80. I wound up with a balcony. All for under $800.

Pup, I think NCL is a best bet for solos. You start out with a studio, and if price drops, you can upgrade. I had a balcony on deck 14 on the Getaway, all for the price of a studio, which starts at 150% of an interior. I refuse to pay 200%!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Pardon me' date=' CruisePup.... but I simply MUST ask: What is that hanging from the hanger in your banner photo? I have even used my "cheaters" to solve the mystery, but to no avail![/quote']

Looks like the hanging monkey towel animal to me

No single supplement for Liberty. A balcony on the Veranda for 650. There are some travel companies that list the fares w/o supplements daily. Majority of them are Carnival or NCL cruises.

As a "newbie" here' date=' which cruise line is "Liberty" part of? What destination/cruise length did you find at that price for solo? Thanks![/quote']

Royal Caribbean has a ship called "Liberty of The Seas". I don't know

if Carnival has a "Liberty" or not..... I know those 2 cruiselines do

have other ships with the same name though.

I was just on Carnival's site looking at some of their supposed "no single supplement" cruises. When I did a search and used "1" for the number of travelers, a few good deals came up where there was clearly no single supplement. But when I attempted to book, the price went up quite a bit. For example, they were showing an interior for around $200 on several cruises to Baja (Inspiration, Imagination). But when I went to book, even selecting the cheapest option and all of the possible discounts, the fare (before taxes and fees) was well over $400.

I thought maybe I'd made a mistake when initiating the search, but I went back and did it several more times with the same results. They always show a low fare (again, with one traveler), but attempting to book the lowest fare yields a MUCH higher price. Any ideas what I'm (or they're) doing wrong?

I was just on Carnival's site looking at some of their supposed "no single supplement" cruises. When I did a search and used "1" for the number of travelers, a few good deals came up where there was clearly no single supplement. But when I attempted to book, the price went up quite a bit. For example, they were showing an interior for around $200 on several cruises to Baja (Inspiration, Imagination). But when I went to book, even selecting the cheapest option and all of the possible discounts, the fare (before taxes and fees) was well over $400.

I thought maybe I'd made a mistake when initiating the search, but I went back and did it several more times with the same results. They always show a low fare (again, with one traveler), but attempting to book the lowest fare yields a MUCH higher price. Any ideas what I'm (or they're) doing wrong?

This is common...they show the per person double occupancy price. It is not until you actually go to book a single do you see the "real" rate with supplement.

This is common...they show the per person double occupancy price. It is not until you actually go to book a single do you see the "real" rate with supplement.
The issue I have is that the price might be higher, depending on whether or not you allow them to assign the cabin. Since there are some really undesirable locations on the Carnival Conquest class that are directly above the disco, I prefer to select my own cabin and the rate will be higher. It also depends on the promotional rates. Edited by cruise pup

I'm not saying this is true in all cases, but what I had to do when this happened was to select show all rates, then when I picked a rate where you actually selected your room I could select a category and found the much lower rate (for me it was upper/lower).

Good Luck. Carnival has some awesome solo rates going on right now - I'm heading out tomorrow on a 5 night (over the holiday weekend) that was only $189 plus tax for a total of $259.

I'm not saying this is true in all cases, but what I had to do when this happened was to select show all rates, then when I picked a rate where you actually selected your room I could select a category and found the much lower rate (for me it was upper/lower).

Good Luck. Carnival has some awesome solo rates going on right now - I'm heading out tomorrow on a 5 night (over the holiday weekend) that was only $189 plus tax for a total of $259.

Have a great weekend...I tool my first cruise in April & really don't know how I got a good rate:p However now that I am hooked on cruising I can't seem to snag a good solo rate...did you wait til the last minute to book? I can't seem to find deals like that even on Carnival website.:confused: Have fun

Ok disregard my last post..I did see where you got your low rate on the Carnival website..I wanted something in August & the price was over $800 for 4 days...traveling from Iowa I really want something longer than 4 days...not worth paying the airfare for 4 days...dang it.....maybe I should wait until end of July & check the prices again....Anyway enjoy your wonderful weekend...have a drink for me....I have to work this holiday weekend....

Have a great weekend...I tool my first cruise in April & really don't know how I got a good rate:p However now that I am hooked on cruising I can't seem to snag a good solo rate...did you wait til the last minute to book? I can't seem to find deals like that even on Carnival website.:confused: Have fun

I booked about a month ago. Found a couple of cruises that would work with the days I wanted and just kept watching the prices. I had a price in mind and when it dropped under that - I booked. The rates only lasted a few days and then went back up. Good Luck. For about 6 months, Carnival has been running alot of cruises with no single supplement.

Right now, I'm waiting on them to drop the supplement on Sept or Oct so I can hopefully snag another good deal. It seems like around final payment time is when you find the deals.

Fantastic! Enjoy your cruise. I'd love to join you but I have jury duty next week :(. But I am going on the Carnival Splendor 6/9/14 for 8 nights no single supplement. The rate went down since I made final payment but they offered me an upsell from 1A to 6C for $80. so I took it since I'll have a larger cabin with 2 beds instead of 1 and a better location. At $10. a day it was worth it.

By the way, what ship are you sailing on?

Edited by cruise pup

I'm sailing on the Splendor's 6/9/14 cruise and got a great solo rate. Here's the thing. The cruise immediately following has pretty good rates too and I have the time to do it. The only thing scheduled is a couple of doctor appointments I can reschedule. I also get free laundry on each cruise as a Platinum VIFP so I won't need to pack. But this is excessive and I don't know if I should book. Best thing I can think of doing at this point in time is to wait and see since that cruise is 24 days away. Rates could drop again. I could possibly wait until I'm on the first cruise too and see if they'll have anything available a good rate then. I've read of others doing that.

Edited by cruise pup

balcony solo--$916.85 with 125. 0bc....great deal with no solo penalty. 8 day southern carrib.

Thank You wish I could take that cruise:( Where I work you have to schedule your vacations months in advance & if someone already has those days off...oh well...out of luck.....Thank you for posting....That is a great price:D

Fantastic. I'm sure you're gone by now so I hope you're enjoying your cruise.

wow looks like you like Carnival cruise lines:p.....I have been on only one cruise so far..age 60..hope I can add more to my list in the near future....Work & money get in the way thou......Have a great day:o