Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

• 2 weeks later...

i introduced the bar hop tour to our roll call on our last cruise....we ended up with two bus loads of people. we had a blast!!!!

the other side of the island has no electricity....so it was really nice not having to deal with the hustle and bustle of the touristy areas.

dh got a massage on the beach...we had some of the best chicken nachos ever at one place.

and the other people are right...getting there is half the fun if you have fun people on your bus....and of course you will. take your camera with you. we even through in the tequilla tour for something like $10...it was interesting....lots of free samples of tequilla!! a few of us even got in the pool. one was even naked!:eek:

Tom was great and answered any questions i had for him. I would have no problem doing this again at all!

This past Saturday had a great day on the tour. Thanks to Gerry (driver-local), Greg (guide-expat) and Tom (the man with the plan). We ended up having a small group of three. We decided to skip the last stop and added a couple of more stops to the east side. Great funky beach bars with good prices, food and atmosphere. At each stop we were greeted by the signature drink for each bar. All yummy and real hard to have just one. Beers run a couple of bucks, Killer Margaritas run about $3 (after the second stop I sort of lost track of all the little details ;)). I definetly recommend the Bar Hop to anyone looking for something different. The East side is a protected park and development is pretty much limited to what is already in place. Hopefully it will stay that way. So go, have fun and get away from all the tourist traps.

We did the Cozumel Bar Hop on September 22 with 14 people. We had our group of 12 women and two brave guys who had joined our group through the Cruise Critic Roll Call Boards. We were celebrating my sisters birthday on that day and had a wonderful time.

I found Bar Hop Tom to be extremely helpful in numerous emails. And our guide Greg was fabulous. Our group started out a little quiet and Greg took the time to give background info on the island and answer our questions. The stops on the east side of the island were so unique it went way beyond just hitting some bars. I liked the Coconuts stop the best but the Rasta Bar had the better guacamole. By the end of the Bar Hop we were singing on the bus.

It was so nice to feel completely at ease and safe in a foreign place and have everything taken care of for you. Since I am very often the planner, I really appreciated it! And I was also happy that our whole group had a really great time. And the drinks were good too. Beers were only $2 as I recall. But the memories are priceless. :)

Hi all,

it seems a great way to spend time , visit beaches and see Cozumel for adults.

What about the kids? My kids are 14 and 6. I understand that they would be able to get the non-alcogolic drinks, but would it make sense to go for this tour with my kids?

meantime, they will be able to swim as well ...

What do you think?

thanks

Sofia

How did you like the tour?

This tour was amazing!! We had so much fun. It was a fairly small group, great people, and the guides were excellent. The east side of the island is gorgeous, the bars were very cool, and the people very friendly. They gave us a lot of information about the island as well. I would definatly recomend this tour to anyone wanting to see the island and have some fun and drinks :D . We will do it again next time.

Hi all,

it seems a great way to spend time , visit beaches and see Cozumel for adults.

What about the kids? My kids are 14 and 6. I understand that they would be able to get the non-alcogolic drinks, but would it make sense to go for this tour with my kids?

meantime, they will be able to swim as well ...

What do you think?

thanks

Sofia

Should not be any problems for the kids. Plenty to eat and drink along the way. The beaches are quite beautiful and as long as the seas have not got up too much will be good swimming. If the seas are kicking up the under-tow can be very strong. The trip can be tailored or adjusted to the wishes of the group, just let Tom know what you would like to do.

At the risk of sounding like a cranky old lady...

I would not be happy if kids were on my upcoming tour. It's a bar hop, which to me, means adults only. I personally would feel uncomfortable with kids around.

There are plenty of other things for families with children to do in Cozumel.

I know I can't be the only one...

We were part of a busload of about 12 and it was an awesome time ... one of the best highlights of our week-long cruise. Greg was the tour-guide (per se) and gave his insight on the local fare and local living (he moved here from Key West).

* The bus was a coach type bus, very comfy.

* There was a welcome drink complimentary at each location.

* The OTHER side of the island where we went was remarkable! (see pic)

* Drink prices VERY reasonable (take cash)

* Last stop was at the beach (Paradise Beach?) ... got to enjoy the beach chairs there and the inflatable toys at that beach.

* Would recommend SKIPPING Carlos & Charlie's .. too commercial and pricey. We wanted to experience local bars & that is exactly was we did.

* Message me with any other questions ;)

~Sandy and Jacob~

SDC10458.jpg.56b3f34fb76e45201d42eb92d09013bd.jpg

SDC10462.jpg.12aafa698ed277aa378a7dda5e4717e0.jpg

SDC10467.jpg.2610bdb21ade59003402f9d7b7135ef5.jpg

SDC10473.jpg.b6debf874ede6666a5779c2b49129160.jpg

This was an experience not to miss!!! I don't even know where to start....we had Carlos for our driver, and after meeting Tom, who by the way is just as good looking as he is nice, we met Greg, who also is just as good looking as he is nice as well. Is this a pre-requisite, lol?? Ok, ok, about the tour....

They both gave us lots of interesting information about the island as well as themselves and it was so easy to "roll with it" with these guys, you feel as if you have known them for years, well I kinda had....we were in a small group, with Jamaica06 above, and I was very fortunate being a solo on this trip, had the most fantastic people in our group. I look back at the pictures and just loved the couples we had and Greg and Tom. This definitely helps your experience! I would have never of learned all of the information or seen the places or had the fun if I would have done something else. The east side of the island is totally different. The beauty is a sight you have to see for yourself, it's unexplainable, will try with "pure beauty". We went to many beach bars with information about each and their specialties. We were welcomed with drinks at some and shots at others. There was time to sit and mingle or swim or take pics or shop. We were not rushing from one to the other, but rather strolling along. The ease of this trip to involve so many opportunities was wonderful.

They say in Grand Cayman if you go "you have to swim with the stingrays at least once in your lifetime",

well.......for Cozumel

"you have to do the COZUMELBARHOP at least once in your lifetime!!"

THANK YOU SO MUCH TOM AND GREG!!!!!!!

Ask away if you have any ?'s..

This past Saturday had a great day on the tour. Thanks to Gerry (driver-local), Greg (guide-expat) and Tom (the man with the plan). We ended up having a small group of three. We decided to skip the last stop and added a couple of more stops to the east side. Great funky beach bars with good prices, food and atmosphere. At each stop we were greeted by the signature drink for each bar. All yummy and real hard to have just one. Beers run a couple of bucks, Killer Margaritas run about $3 (after the second stop I sort of lost track of all the little details ;)). I definetly recommend the Bar Hop to anyone looking for something different. The East side is a protected park and development is pretty much limited to what is already in place. Hopefully it will stay that way. So go, have fun and get away from all the tourist traps.

Great review, thanks so much! Glad you had fun, the east side is like a different world, huh? I hope it stays that way as well. It's where us locals go to "get away from it all", lol!:D

We did the bar hop last Wednesday with about 54 people... we had 2 buses and they were staggered slightly as to not overwhelm the smaller places on the other side of the island. It was even better than last year!!! WOW WOW WOW! We had an absolute blast!! Tom and his gang once again impressed... everyone had a great time and it was great to visit some of the stops again. We spent some time at Paradise Beach, then Rasta's, Coconuts and Punta Marena (Is that right? by that time I had a few too many cocktails and was calling it something else I'm sure :p) FABULOUS!! I had already become a fan of Rasta's and Coconuts last year when we went, but loved the last stop too!! Coconuts is probably my favorite bar in all the islands... the people there are wonderful and in addition to Luna, they have Kahlua this year (the bar dogs, who are the sweetest ever). I could spend days at some of the places on the other side of the island... it's paradise. I can't wait to do it again, and it looks like it MIGHT just happen again next October :D

We did the bar hop last Wednesday with about 54 people... we had 2 buses and they were staggered slightly as to not overwhelm the smaller places on the other side of the island. It was even better than last year!!! WOW WOW WOW! We had an absolute blast!! Tom and his gang once again impressed... everyone had a great time and it was great to visit some of the stops again. We spent some time at Paradise Beach, then Rasta's, Coconuts and Punta Marena (Is that right? by that time I had a few too many cocktails and was calling it something else I'm sure :p) FABULOUS!! I had already become a fan of Rasta's and Coconuts last year when we went, but loved the last stop too!! Coconuts is probably my favorite bar in all the islands... the people there are wonderful and in addition to Luna, they have Kahlua this year (the bar dogs, who are the sweetest ever). I could spend days at some of the places on the other side of the island... it's paradise. I can't wait to do it again, and it looks like it MIGHT just happen again next October :D

WOW...sounds GREAT! I can't wait to go! Thanks for the great review and glad you had such a fantastic time. :D

Archived