Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

Wondering if anyone feels uncomfortable about doing this tour now after the state warnings issued for Mexico? Tom, have you seen any of the violence that they describe from the mainland?? Truthfully? Hope not because this sounds like a really fun tour!

Wondering if anyone feels uncomfortable about doing this tour now after the state warnings issued for Mexico? Tom, have you seen any of the violence that they describe from the mainland?? Truthfully? Hope not because this sounds like a really fun tour!

It is sad about the violence that is happening on the borders, but the good news is that Cozumel is an island and is pretty insulated from these kinds of occurances.

The folks the run Cozumel are smart enough to know that tourism is their bread and butter and they are not going to let anyone less with that.

We were there twice in January and once in February and (as usual) had a great time without any incidents.

I would not hesistate to go to Cozumel with my family. If I could get a cruise booked (recovering from surgery)....I would be there tomorrow!!!

LOL! This seems so funny to me, but of course not to you living in the "if it bleeds, it leads" era of, HA!, "journalism".

Reminds me of watching FOX or CNN or whatever it was 3.5 years ago when they announced that Cozumel was basically wiped the map after Hurricane Wilma. Yeah, OK. We had electricity back 10 days later and the 1st cruise ships appeared 3 weeks later.

No, I haven't seen any of that violence that is mainly in the border towns. We're an island which makes us way safer than the mainland. Besides, the cartels know that if they target tourists, Mexico's 3rd largest income, Holy Hell will rain down on them from the Gov't.

Seriously, if it was bad, I'd take my Wife and 3 year old and move back to Canada. Not coming to Cozumel because of what's happening at the border is like not visiting Vegas because of a murder spree on the East Coast!

OK, gotta go patch the bullet holes in the bus before the next tour. Kidding!!:D

Me and a group of 30 did this with TOM the first day or so in March. It was AWESOME. I would do it again. We got to every bar, had drinks, had a free shot, had fun in the water and all over. We ended up at carlos n charlies around 5pm. Lets just say that by that time you are toasted. I hope to do it again someday. Talk soon!:D

Hey Tom and Greg,

Thanks so much for the fabulous time in Cozumel. It was so much fun! You guys are great hosts. :)

Next time I come back to Cozumel I want to do it again.

Greg, the photos of you making our guacamole at Margaritaville are on their way.

Anyone who's thinking about this tour should not hesitate--the five bars you get to see are cool and the views are incredible. You will be well taken care of everywhere you go, so all you have to worry about is relaxing and enjoying the company of your charming and knowlegable guide(s).

Cindy

We just returned from the Ruby and visiting Cozumel with Greg and Tom. We had our own personal tour due to no-shows. The bars on the other side of Cozumel are so unique and to me a must see (and taste !!). This tour made me want to return to Cozumel for more that just a day.

Thank you Greg and Tom !!

We'll be in Cozumel on May5th. I emailed Tom to see if enough people to make tour. My question is... we are there from 8am-4pm, do they try to work it to accomodate all guests to make sure we are back in plenty of time for departure??? Above somebody said they got back at 5:00.... obviously that wouldn't work for us. Thanks :)

We had a small group that went on this tour last week and we all had a blast!!:D The island is beautiful--I've been to Cozumel about 6 times and had never seen the other side. The food and drinks were delicious at each place plus each bar has a different atmosphere. Everyone we met was very friendly and the service was great!! Greg is an awesome guide and Tom is a wonderful host--so gracious! This was my favorite day of the cruise and I am planning to do it again in September. If you are considering this tour, please do not hesitate to go. You'll have the time of your life. Thanks Tom and Greg!! Our driver was great, too, but I can't remember his name right now--too much windex at Paradise Beach!!;)

Hello everyone!!

Within two weeks I will be in Cozumel and I'm signed up for the Cozumel Bar Hop. I have a few questions for those who took this tour.

Question one, I'm taking about $100 with me on this tour. I figured at least one to two drinks per stop,lunch,tip and taxi to and from the pier (my understanding that the Carnival ships dock at a different pier than where the tour starts and ends) is this enough?

Should I wear my swimsuit under my sundress? I wonder if it's enough time at least one of the stops to wade in the water for a bit?

Which bar has the best food to eat at??

I will look for replys!!

Happy sailing!!

Hello everyone!!

Within two weeks I will be in Cozumel and I'm signed up for the Cozumel Bar Hop. I have a few questions for those who took this tour.

Question one, I'm taking about $100 with me on this tour. I figured at least one to two drinks per stop,lunch,tip and taxi to and from the pier (my understanding that the Carnival ships dock at a different pier than where the tour starts and ends) is this enough?

Should I wear my swimsuit under my sundress? I wonder if it's enough time at least one of the stops to wade in the water for a bit?

Which bar has the best food to eat at??

I will look for replys!!

Happy sailing!!

Hey Tamara,

I went on the Bar Hop a couple of weeks ago, so will try to answer your questions.

1. $100 should be plenty. I think we spent about $12 total each way for the taxi (for 3 of us), and that was from the RCI terminal. I believe the Carnival ships usually dock very close to town, so you might not even need a taxi. You can check where your ship will be docked by asking someone in the Carnival threads or calling the cruise line. We drank mostly beers after our shots, which were very reasonable ($2) and you can take drinks with you on the bus, so you don't have to gulp them down quickly before you leave each bar.

2. No one on our tour went swimming, but there was time at the end of the day when we could have, so if you'd like to swim it's definitely possible. The water was unusually rough at the north end of the island on the day we went, so no one at all was swimming at any of the beaches until we got to Paradise Beach (2nd to last stop). You could definitely take a quick swim there. Or, you could swim back in town at one of the bars with a pool. We spent about 45 min at Paradise, and still had 2 hours to relax at Margaritaville (last stop) after the tour ended.

3. I can't remember the name of the bar :rolleyes:, but it was the third stop where we ate, and it was really good! Greg, our guide, recommended it and we all loved it--we ordered a bunch of different plates and shared. Tell him what you like to eat and he will make it happen. You are in great hands. :)

Have a blast! I can't wait to get myself back to Cozumel and go on the tour again.

Cindy

We are cruising on a Royal Caribbean ship that will arrive(tentatively) in Cozumel around 10:00 a.m. Where would the bus be in relationship to where RCI docks its ships and would we have time to get to the bus? Can we walk to the bus or would we need other means of transportation to the bus. In real time, would we have time after the tour to do some shopping and make our ship that leaves port at 7:00 p.m?

Are the beaches on the tour clothing optional?

An "off the point" question...We noticed that many of you on this board cruise with Carnival. This is my first cruise and Debbie's 3rd(first with RCI). We chose Royal Carribean because Deb sailed Carnival over 15 years ago and she has not been to the ports of call for our current cruise. Do you guys prefer Carnival over Royal Carribean? Just asking? :)

Thanks

Gil & Deb

We will be on the Carnival Conquest the week of May 10. I registered for two on line the middle of last week for May 15. I haven't received a response other than the automated response saying I should hear something within 48 hours. Does this just mean that there is probably not enough people registered for this tour yet or should I be concerned about not receiving a response yet?

Also, is anyone aware of where the Conquest docks in relation to where we would catch the bus?

Hey Tamara,

I went on the Bar Hop a couple of weeks ago, so will try to answer your questions.

1. $100 should be plenty. I think we spent about $12 total each way for the taxi (for 3 of us), and that was from the RCI terminal. I believe the Carnival ships usually dock very close to town, so you might not even need a taxi. You can check where your ship will be docked by asking someone in the Carnival threads or calling the cruise line. We drank mostly beers after our shots, which were very reasonable ($2) and you can take drinks with you on the bus, so you don't have to gulp them down quickly before you leave each bar.

2. No one on our tour went swimming, but there was time at the end of the day when we could have, so if you'd like to swim it's definitely possible. The water was unusually rough at the north end of the island on the day we went, so no one at all was swimming at any of the beaches until we got to Paradise Beach (2nd to last stop). You could definitely take a quick swim there. Or, you could swim back in town at one of the bars with a pool. We spent about 45 min at Paradise, and still had 2 hours to relax at Margaritaville (last stop) after the tour ended.

3. I can't remember the name of the bar :rolleyes:, but it was the third stop where we ate, and it was really good! Greg, our guide, recommended it and we all loved it--we ordered a bunch of different plates and shared. Tell him what you like to eat and he will make it happen. You are in great hands. :)

Have a blast! I can't wait to get myself back to Cozumel and go on the tour again.

Cindy

Thanks for the quick reply!! I'm making note!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Tom and Greg,

Thanks so much for the fabulous time in Cozumel. It was so much fun! You guys are great hosts. :)

Next time I come back to Cozumel I want to do it again.

Greg, the photos of you making our guacamole at Margaritaville are on their way.

Anyone who's thinking about this tour should not hesitate--the five bars you get to see are cool and the views are incredible. You will be well taken care of everywhere you go, so all you have to worry about is relaxing and enjoying the company of your charming and knowlegable guide(s).

Cindy

Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed yourselves! Greg now works at Margaritaville part-time to make ends meet, lol!:D

We just returned from the Ruby and visiting Cozumel with Greg and Tom. We had our own personal tour due to no-shows. The bars on the other side of Cozumel are so unique and to me a must see (and taste !!). This tour made me want to return to Cozumel for more that just a day.

Thank you Greg and Tom !!

Darned no shows! Glad you enjoyed your day with us and hope to see you again soon!:)

Hey Tom & Greg--- we had a great time on the tour> It's a great way to see the island, esp the other side, without having to worry about driving back after a few bar stops!!

Yup, our new slogan is "We'll drive you to drink!":D Thanks for the compliments!

We had a small group that went on this tour last week and we all had a blast!!:D The island is beautiful--I've been to Cozumel about 6 times and had never seen the other side. The food and drinks were delicious at each place plus each bar has a different atmosphere. Everyone we met was very friendly and the service was great!! Greg is an awesome guide and Tom is a wonderful host--so gracious! This was my favorite day of the cruise and I am planning to do it again in September. If you are considering this tour, please do not hesitate to go. You'll have the time of your life. Thanks Tom and Greg!! Our driver was great, too, but I can't remember his name right now--too much windex at Paradise Beach!!;)

Thanks for the great review, Barbara! And thanks for the treats, you and your DD are awesome!:D

• 1 month later...

Archived