Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

Just returned from Inspiration & did the new Cozumel Bar Hop Tour. It was awesome. A big THANK YOU to Tom. :D We had a blast.

I highly recommend this tour. :p After visiting Coz many times, doing Fiesta Party Boat, Passion Island & my favorite place, Paradise Beach, this was a great way to finally get to see more of the island. Scenery & water are beautiful & the bars are interesting & fun.

I can't wait to get back there in Oct & do it again. :D

Hi Brenda!

Do you remember if you were on ship time or local time? What I mean is, the tour starts at 10:30...is that 10:30 EST or 10:30 CST? Also, we are wanting to do some shopping....would you recommend before or after the tour (timewise)..we don't want to be left behind! TIA

Michelle:)

Bert2008, I wouldn't rent a jeep. I have been to Cozumel many times and have seen police check points set up. The thought of Mexican Jail is very scary. We have always gotten a cab and either gone to Paradise Beach or the other side of the island. The cab driver will wait for you and we spent about 4-5 hrs and it cost about 60.00. We tipped him well and bought him lunch, but had no worries about drinking. The new bar hop bus sounds great and I think we will do this next time. But in the 20x or more we have been to Cozumel I have seen many things happen to people and was glad I was in a cab. Have a great time!

Hi, just wanted to let everyone know that this tour is alot of fun; you will have a great day. The scenery, bar stops, tour guide (Tom) etc. are all top notch. I would not hesitate to book this tour again, have fun!!

You have to book before you go, and you will have to put a deposit down, minimum is 10 people. They cannot sell this tour on the boat or at port, you have to have it done in advance! The tour is great, I was on it on Jan. 26th, and would do this again! Say Hi to Quesadilla at Coconuts, and please tell Tom that Jim from Chicago says Hi!

Jim

You have to book before you go, and you will have to put a deposit down, minimum is 10 people. They cannot sell this tour on the boat or at port, you have to have it done in advance! The tour is great, I was on it on Jan. 26th, and would do this again! Say Hi to Quesadilla at Coconuts, and please tell Tom that Jim from Chicago says Hi!

Jim

I have to say that Coconuts was the most interesting place we went on our East side tour!!!

I have to say that Coconuts was the most interesting place we went on our East side tour!!!

Just wanted to say we did this tour last week! DO IT IS ALL OUR WHOLE GROUP CAN SAY! This was the highlight of our cruise!

John and Teri

Beth and Jimbo

Debbie and Billy

To see more about the Bar Hop! Check out our roll call.

Conquest 2-8-09

take cash for your extra alcohol and food. I did not follow directions (common for me!) on bar hop website and ran out of cash, since most places do not take credit cards. Tom and Greg will keep you safe, smiling, laughing, laughing, laughing and having a great time on their island. just do it! you will not regret it........until, of course, the next morning!

Hello all. We will be on the Cozumel Bar Hop on March 2nd so I will let you guys know how it goes. I have a couple of questions for those that have been.

Could you rank the 5 bars in order for me?

Also was there a beach at each bar?

Next question is what type of "shot" do you get?

We each are paying 49 dollars and that seems worth it to cover 45 miles of the island but I would like to know how much I should bring to drink as well. Since we all like to drink I am figuring 2 drinks at each place. Our ship is there all day so I want to enjoy Senor Frogs and Carlos N charlies as well and don't want my friends going to pass out but we shall see how that goes. I am trying to work my trip out to be 11AM ship time-5PM ship time leaving us 4 hours to do whatever after it all ends. Please get some responses in so I can tell everyone. Thanks and take care.

I cannot rank them since I cannot remember each and every detail...but can tell you most have beautiful beach view/access. bring plenty of cash, I did not bring enough. Coconuts is the most entertaining :)

Paradise was probably the "nicest", definitely the most activities. the rest are a little more rural.

I skipped most of the shots due to being hung over and just purchased something I knew the content and taste. I think I did have one shot, OK maybe three of four, who knows! maybe someone else could tell ya what was in them.

I stayed amazingly just buzzed not plastered (for me), just paced myself and drank water. of course, we never made it to Carlos n Charlie's since we had port time changes during the cruise. no that would have been a different story altogether!

time will fly! just sit back, relax and let Tom and Greg take great care of you.

you are gonna have fun!

Is there a restroom on the bus in case you can't wait til the next stop? :o

there is only about 20 min between each stop and each place has a baño so you should be fine. Bring toilet paper or wipes because not all of the restrooms have those supplies:D

Hello all. We will be on the Cozumel Bar Hop on March 2nd so I will let you guys know how it goes. I have a couple of questions for those that have been.

We each are paying 49 dollars and that seems worth it to cover 45 miles of the island but I would like to know how much I should bring to drink as well. Since we all like to drink I am figuring 2 drinks at each place. Our ship is there all day so I want to enjoy Senor Frogs and Carlos N charlies as well and don't want my friends going to pass out but we shall see how that goes. I am trying to work my trip out to be 11AM ship time-5PM ship time leaving us 4 hours to do whatever after it all ends. Please get some responses in so I can tell everyone. Thanks and take care.

Not sure I could rank them...I'm sure it depends on your group (ages, personalities, etc.). We had a group of women (ages 35-50) and we LOVED Paradise Beach. Lots to do and everyone there is very friendly. Carlos and Charlies was our least favorite...

Shots...can't remember but Tom will take GREAT care of you at each place. Bring extra cash for food to soak up the alcohol! LOL You might want to get a drink or 2 at each place as well.

The only stop that has a beach where you can swim is Paradise Beach. The beaches on the other side of the island have bad rip currents and swimming is not recommended.

We just got back on Monday from our cruise and we all LOVED this excursion. Tom ROCKS!

Ohh I got so excited there for a minute! We have been trying to find others to go with us on this excursion our cruise starts March 2nd but we are on the Ecstasy and will be in Coz on the 5th :( I hope you all have a great time, I have heard nothing but good things about this tour!! We have 4 people but only 4 days left to find more... Oh well, plenty to do there!!! Have a great cruise Smooth Sailing for All!!!!!!!

Did this with the Saints and Sinners last October.....This is the best....Tom is a gracious and slightly crazy (JK Tom) host. Since we were late because a pax had to be taken from ill the ship we arrived late. Tom met us (Good job Chris) and off we went. The tour for the east side can't go much beyond sunset because that side of the island has no electric except generators. Tom knew we were going to be hitting Coconuts around sunset or so and knew the skeeters would be out. He had brought repellant with him and walked down the aisle of the bus saying stick out your hands and the rub this on. Didn't get bit by one skeeter......That is a man who thinks of his guests and soon to be friends....

He is a gracious host, a true gentleman and someone you will enjoy this tour with. Even after you do the tour and if you don't the next time you go back, you'll want to stop at PB just to say hello to him...

Not to mention where ever you go the bar staff treats you like gold......

Remember to have a few were you go and tip the great staffs at these places. We truely had fun with them and they really had fun with us.....

Can't wait to october to do it again.....

Did this with the Saints and Sinners last October.....This is the best....Tom is a gracious and slightly crazy (JK Tom) host. Since we were late because a pax had to be taken from ill the ship we arrived late. Tom met us (Good job Chris) and off we went. The tour for the east side can't go much beyond sunset because that side of the island has no electric except generators. Tom knew we were going to be hitting Coconuts around sunset or so and knew the skeeters would be out. He had brought repellant with him and walked down the aisle of the bus saying stick out your hands and the rub this on. Didn't get bit by one skeeter......That is a man who thinks of his guests and soon to be friends....

He is a gracious host, a true gentleman and someone you will enjoy this tour with. Even after you do the tour and if you don't the next time you go back, you'll want to stop at PB just to say hello to him...

Not to mention where ever you go the bar staff treats you like gold......

Remember to have a few were you go and tip the great staffs at these places. We truely had fun with them and they really had fun with us.....

Can't wait to october to do it again.....

I couldn't agree more. Glad to see more people are finding out about this tour.

I did it in Jan & we had a blast. What a fun way to see more of the island. :D

All of you looking for more people.........

Have you posted on the Roll Call thread for your sailing date?

Have you checked to see what other ships are in port with you that day? Maybe post on those Roll Calls too.

I did this in Jan on Inspiration. Holiday was supposed to be in port with us but due to mechanical problem, they were rerouted.

Good luck. Hope all of you get enough to book so you can enjoy this great tour. :D

I've got this excursion set up for next Thursday. Tom sent me the info to pay with paypal, and I can't get it to work!!!!:mad: Has anybody else had this problem. I don't remember having an account, but it keeps asking me for my password. I have no clue what it is. When I tried to get them to send it to me, it wanted my credit card number for verification. It must have been an old card because the numbers don't match up!! Can you feel the frustration. We're so pumped about this tour. Can anybody out there help me!!!! Tom has been so helpful, and I can't wait to meet him!

Archived