Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

I just did the Bar Hop Tour for the second time with the Saints & Sinners & we had a wonderful time. Tom, Greg & Pepe did an awesome job as always. Lots of fun, good food & drinks along with the unspoiled beauty on the other side of the island. Can't wait to do it again on my next visit. :p

Are the groups usually couples or are there frequenly singles to mingle with?

I have not has the pleasure of doing this yet, but from what I read...it can be anything from a "reunion" or "group" that is onboard the ship to just a bunch of folks hooking up on the Roll Call.

If it is a bunch of folks from the Roll Call just getting together...there is usually a mixture of couples and singles....

Saints and Sinner on the Legend, tell me about the time frame of the tour in reference to ship time. Was the time adequate that you were not nervous about making it back to the ship in time? What time did you have to meet your guide? What time did you return ?

I've never been on an excursion before. I have booked one in GC with Carnival, and a private tour with Rony in Roatan so far.

After returning downtown, did you have to get a taxi to get back to the ship ?

Do you know if you can just book two seats on the bus, do you have to be part of a group to go.

We attempted to book this tour for our upcoming land vacation in December. Was told that there must be 8+ people in order for the tour to run. They would try to see if they could place us with other people or a group for one of the days we are going to be there. They would let us know.

Would really like to go as it would be much cheaper and more fun than just getting a taxi and going by ourselves.

We'll be there Dec 7 - 11. We can go on the 9th or 10th.

Go ahead and sign up on their web-site and they will let you know if they can place you with others. I looked at the Cruise ship schedule and there are 2-3 ships in port that week. There should be some people they can put us with.

• 2 weeks later...
We'll be there Dec 7 - 11. We can go on the 9th or 10th.

Go ahead and sign up on their web-site and they will let you know if they can place you with others. I looked at the Cruise ship schedule and there are 2-3 ships in port that week. There should be some people they can put us with.

If you can find out what other ships are in port with you....you can go to their Roll Calls on Cruise Critic and see if someone from their Roll Call wants to join you.

That way you can plan ahead....

looking forward to doing this but the fact that i will be solo is making me a little sad :(

I am also debating doing it. I'll be cruising with my sister, but she'll be off scuba diving that day so I am on my on in Cozumel. I simply can't make up my mind what to do that day!!

I would love to see all the different beaches, but don't want to end up drinking by myself while everyone is hanging out with whoever they came with lol...

• 2 weeks later...
I just did the Bar Hop Tour for the second time with the Saints & Sinners & we had a wonderful time. Tom, Greg & Pepe did an awesome job as always. Lots of fun, good food & drinks along with the unspoiled beauty on the other side of the island. Can't wait to do it again on my next visit. :p

Thanks Brenda! Glad y'all had a great time. We did too, especially the breakfast mojitos...Woooo Hooooo!:eek: Are the pics posted anywhere?

Thanks Brenda! Glad y'all had a great time. We did too, especially the breakfast mojitos...Woooo Hooooo!:eek: Are the pics posted anywhere?

My friends Tom & Jenn are on their way to see you. :( Called me yesterday from the Lido deck on Inspiration. :( That's just mean. :p

They were able to set us up with some people on the Crown Princess. Woo Hoo! We get to go.

Don't worry about going alone. We've done tours like this before in other destinations and everyone meets and greets everyone else. You'll be a part of the whole group.

I can also commend Tom and Greg for doing a great job on the Bar Hop. We had a group of 17 off of Cruise Critic book the tour with him. For the OP asking, there is enough time after the tour to get about 1 1/2 hrs in town (depending on when your ship leaves).

Tom will keep you advised as to which pier as ours changed several times.

Dave

So which of these stops has the best food? :)

Can't go wrong at any of the stops except the meetup joint. The ceviche at Bob Marley's is outstanding!!! Punta Morena has excellent fresh seafood!! Coconuts has good finger food too! And Tom will show you the better choices at Paradise Beach. If you're drinking, you should also be eating something at every stop. Just pass on eating at Jimmy Buffets, overpriced and poorer quality to all other stops, IMO.

We did the Cozumel Bar Hop on Monday 11-30-09. It was a blast. Our guide Greg was great. All the bars we visited were right on the beach...beautiful sand and turquoise water. Waves were crashing on the beach and it was great. My favorite was Coconuts. They had hammocks and the scenery was nice. Great people at each stop. Definitely a thumbs up tour. Will do it again next year. :D

Don't worry about going alone. We've done tours like this before in other destinations and everyone meets and greets everyone else. You'll be a part of the whole group.

Thanks - I'm all signed up and ready to go :D Anxiously awaiting some sunshine, beautiful beaches, and frozen drinks...

Four ports, four excursions and this was by far the best of them all. Can't say enough great things about Tom and Greg. It's just a genuine, fun time. We were a small group of four but they still created a tour for us. I will have to figure out how to post pictures on here, because I got some great ones.

I truly can't wait to go back and do it again.

Archived