Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

I think straight liquor tastes disgusting but even if I liked it, this isn't some great deal. Someone else brought up the question whether the buses are air conditioned. I'm quite confident that a COOL bus would be a major advertising point and would be mentioned in the website if that is what they utilized. One has to pay attention to what *isn't* said. The establishments are obviously counting on the 'partying' guests to purchase more drinks as well as their unhealthy bar food, spending an additional $25.00+ on top of the price already paid. Then on the way back after everyone is full of booze they're probably singing loudly in that hot old bus. NO THANK YOU!!

A drink or a shot...A massive difference in size...4/5 shots is nothing...

I undersand what you say about transport, but I have read threads that you can hire a driver and go where you want for less if there is 4+ of you..Just to me, that 20/40 people on a bus at $45 a time, visiting various bars, giving them a captive custom, is worth more than a shot..Yes it is my will power and my choice...

You have already made up your mind. Actually it is more like 8 to 10 people and it is a van. I am not trying to convince you to do this tour. There is nothing in it for me. Do what ever you want to do. Have a great cruise.

You have already made up your mind. Actually it is more like 8 to 10 people and it is a van. I am not trying to convince you to do this tour. There is nothing in it for me. Do what ever you want to do. Have a great cruise.

Was just trying to get feed back on this, the driver may well be a 'van' as you say, I was trying to justify spending the extra, but I think that the only people who 'gain' on this would be the bar owners having 20+ people bussed in on a regular basis, and the organiser.

I feel that within the $45 fee, a bit more than 'shots' coupld have been offered.

Also I dont really see this as a sight seeing tour, its a pub crawl...lol

Exactly. If they wanted a TOUR of the island, they'd take one. They're on that bus for one reason...to PARTY.

And party they do....

you can't put a price on a good time!!! :D

I totally agree, we are not paying for 'a drink' , the shots are advertised as free, so it is just the guided tour...The fact, as I have said in a previous post, is that we become captive customers of the bars we stop at, or can we bring our own booze..?? or stop at a local shop and fill a cool bag up...??

Again, i have seen cars and drivers available for hire cheaper, plus there are AI resorts on the island for a similar price...

Against the deal you say it is, against the AI resort

Taxi 2x$15 + 2x$45 = $120...

The bar hop

2 x $45 = $90 + drinks + food + tips =$120+++

Just an observation...

Using YOUR figures...it would be a GREAT deal for me....because one shot per stop is MORE than hubby and I can drink.

You are not forced to buy food....and you will not tip any more on this tour than you will at an IA.

So this tour would save hubby and I $30.00 AND we would get to see the EAST side (which is AMAZING)....not to mention all the fun of Coconuts and places like that over there.....

This looks like fun

however, I don't "do shots"...I wonder if they will give a drink instead or maybe a discounted drink?? That would be nice

I am with a group and we looked at this but decided on just a beach day. The Destiny gets in pretty late and that was a factor too

I think straight liquor tastes disgusting but even if I liked it, this isn't some great deal. Someone else brought up the question whether the buses are air conditioned. I'm quite confident that a COOL bus would be a major advertising point and would be mentioned in the website if that is what they utilized. One has to pay attention to what *isn't* said. The establishments are obviously counting on the 'partying' guests to purchase more drinks as well as their unhealthy bar food, spending an additional $25.00+ on top of the price already paid. Then on the way back after everyone is full of booze they're probably singing loudly in that hot old bus. NO THANK YOU!!

Good grief...are you at this again? I recall seeing a similar post from you back in April. Are you really bored enough that you have to repeatedly make up stuff about tours you've never been on, or are you trying to set up a competing tour in Cozumel? :cool:

I DID go on the tour, and the bus/van WAS air conditioned, very comfortable and uncrowded. In fact, there were only 5 of us because Tom operated the tour at a loss--the other pax who had signed up for the tour told him the wrong date that they would be in Coz and therefore bailed on him for our date. So rather than ruin our day by cancelling on us, he ran the tour with just 5 people.

It was a memorable day, and we ate fresh, healthy food (ceviche was the highlight--but if you like "unhealthy bar food" there was that, too) in a breathtaking setting with a fun guide.

And for those of you who are bashing the tour because it's not a "sightseeing" tour, the name of the tour is Cozumel BAR HOP...it IS a pub crawl, and is aptly named as such. The pubs just happen to sit on some of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. But by all means, if you don't like to drink (and none of the shots are straight alcohol, by the way), park yourself at one of the beautiful beaches, hire a cab for the day to tour the island, sign up for the island tour through your cruise ship, or do whatever else floats your boat and I'm sure all will be well with the universe...just chill with the baseless negativity!

I need a drink...

Arriving on the 22nd of sept on the enchantment of the seas. Looking to find out if anyone has booked the BarHopper.

If you haven't already looked at their website do it soon and enjoy!!! The pictures of the bars you visit make the trip worthwhile!! I can't wait to see Cozumel.

I have yet to talk the other 3 in my party to going on the Bar Hop with me. I may be able to hook up with others on my cruise and go without them!!

Have fun!!

If you're 20 something or even 30 something and you were planning on spending beaucoup bucks at Margaritaville and Senor Frogs on overpriced drinks and mediocre erzatz tex mex bar food in an atomsphere you can find in any Dave and Busters type place Stateside, the Barhop tour is a great alternative, a good way to see the island, enjoy some better food and meet new friends. Probably even cheaper overall than what your bar bill would be at any of the tourists joints in town. (And Tom throws one of those in at the end, just so you do feel left out:D).

For us grandpas and grandmas whos drinking days blurred by decades ago, there are better alternatives and a different perspective on what's fun! But I'd rather see the party hearty crowd boarding these buses and vans knowing they'll have a good time and they're less likely to be on YouTube chasing the boat down the dock or getting into a wreck.

Party On!!!

I am still thinking about taking the Bar Hop Tour. It sounds so exciting!

Lets break down the cost again: 4 or 5 stops at $6 a shot is say $30, bus tour with guide $25, having the time of your life - PRICELESS!

I cannot believe the negative remarks on here! Lets break this down: 20 negative posts - $35 of my time to read crap, 20 senseless no-good posts - $50 worth of space, seeing Tom put them in their place - Priceless!!!!

I do believe this thread was set up for others to learn about this awesome excursion in Cozumel.

Start your own thread if you don't like it. But, please remember that no-one wants to hear from some big mouth floozy who has never even taken the tour!!

!

Well times everything by two if you are a couple and so on...Priceless or expensive..??

Tom put who in what place...?? the thing that is laughable is that Tom cannot have his say...

The bottom line is that $45 easch for a bar tour, with no significant free anything is not Priceless...but Expensive..

You as the group will create your own fun !!..There is nothing laid on for you...

You as the tour fill the bus and the venues...what do you get..?? A shot..?? Bang wow weee...

I would have expected a but more for $45..Infact from reading the reviews , and how much fun goes on...the bus should be $10 and the owners of the bars pay you for going there...lol

Well times everything by two if you are a couple and so on...Priceless or expensive..??

The bottom line is that $45 easch for a bar tour, with no significant free anything is not Priceless...but Expensive..

I would have expected a but more for $45..Infact from reading the reviews , and how much fun goes on...the bus should be $10 and the owners of the bars pay you for going there...lol

TM & the Scusers....You seem to have an idea that the bar hop tour is driving around a few city blocks or some tiny cay off the coast of Jamaica. It's not!

If the tour intrigues you so much but the $ are holding you back do this...When the Legend docks waltz down to the end of the pier and get your own cab. Have the cabbie take you to each and every stop on the tour, in order, starting at Paradise Beach. Have at least 1 drink of your choice in each place. Stay for the entire amount of time the tour bus would have stayed. And then compare to see if you spent less than $90 for the 2 of you. I'm venturing the cab fare ex tip alone will eat into all or more of it.

TM & the Scusers....You seem to have an idea that the bar hop tour is driving around a few city blocks or some tiny cay off the coast of Jamaica. It's not!

If the tour intrigues you so much but the $ are holding you back do this...When the Legend docks waltz down to the end of the pier and get your own cab. Have the cabbie take you to each and every stop on the tour, in order, starting at Paradise Beach. Have at least 1 drink of your choice in each place. Stay for the entire amount of time the tour bus would have stayed. And then compare to see if you spent less than $90 for the 2 of you. I'm venturing the cab fare ex tip alone will eat into all or more of it.

Well, If Tom doesnt get enough people on his bus that may be an option..

Actually on other treads , drivers and vans seem to come out at $95 for the first 3 hours and $25 per extra hour...

I am not good at maths, but for 5 hours that $145..If there are 4 adults..that is $36.25 each..!!! (for 6 its cheaper again)

Do you see what I mean...But there are 20+ on the bus and its still $45 a piece...

Dont worry..I wont be on the tour, maths dont add up...but the conversation has been great..!!!

The Scousers

Costa Del Mersey

Looking to go on this tour in October.

The wives are not "shot" drinkers and I prefer beer, but will "force" (haha) the shots. I don't know if I can handle both shots at each stop.

My question is whether you only get shots or can you get a drink instead?Can you give up 2 shots (at a stop) for a mixed drink for the wives. I'll buy beer for me then.

We want them to go as this sounds like a great time.

Looking to go on this tour in October.

The wives are not "shot" drinkers and I prefer beer, but will "force" (haha) the shots. I don't know if I can handle both shots at each stop.

My question is whether you only get shots or can you get a drink instead?Can you give up 2 shots (at a stop) for a mixed drink for the wives. I'll buy beer for me then.

We want them to go as this sounds like a great time.

When will you be there in October?

I also would like to do this tour in October. Anybody have any idea how we could find out if there is already one scheduled or not for the 16th? I am sailing solo, so this would be kinda difficult to find 10 people.....any help is greatly appreciated. I did e-mail them, but waiting on response.

Yeah, there will be plenty time to get back to the ship. They leave us at Carlos and Charlies I think and then we cab it back. It might also take us to the Punta Langosta pier for shopping, I read that somewhere but can't remember who. If there is a phone # to call I will call when I get off. Have you read the link about it on the Cozumel thread? it has several pages and they all had a blast it seems. They say the east side is breath-takingly beautiful. That is where Rastas, Coconuts, Mezcalitos, etc is.

Are yal thinking about it? How many in your party?

I will post here if I find anything else out, and will you also if you do too?

Thanks,

Kelly

Well, we just sent our request to join our Valor crew in a few wks. We are looking forward to this and there appears to be many others on our ship who are as well. I will post my thoughts and reviews when we return but I appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinion on this thread (well, for the most part). I believe the general consensus is that this about one of the best options in Cozumel overall whether you are a drinker or not. To me, that speaks volumes and does not have a price tag.

Thanks again folks!

Archived