Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

My girlfriend and I are wanting to do the bar hop on Thursday Feb 19th but it is just the two of us and there has not been much action on the roll call. Just seeing if people from other ships may be intersted in going on that date.

Thanks,

Russ

For those that set up there own tour where did you go?

I am thinking of setting up our own tour for six adults feb 21, 2009

You can email Gerry at cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com to make a reservation.

You don't have to give a credit card or anything to make a reservation....just your name, ship you are coming in on and the date and time you want to start the tour.

You pay in cash at the end of the tour. We designed the tour we wanted and went exactly where we wanted to go.

This is what Gerry and his van looks like...

My girlfriend and I are wanting to do the bar hop on Thursday Feb 19th but it is just the two of us and there has not been much action on the roll call. Just seeing if people from other ships may be intersted in going on that date.

Thanks,

Russ

If you don't find other individuals to do the Bus Hop with you....then Gerry (private driver and van) is $95.00 for 3 hours (+$25.00 for each additional hour) for up to 8 people.

He can be reached at cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com

That is a set price whether you have 2 folks, 4 folks or 8 folks....

We bar hopped the East side earlier this month and had a BLAST.

Remember the bars over on the East side do not open up until 10am - 11am...so make sure you take that into consideration.

Gerry is a great alternative when folks can't reach the 10 people minimum to do the Bar Hop. (although Gerry does not give free shots!! LOL)

Have fun!!!

Gerry is booked for that day so is lazzo but tom with the barhop has offer us a 17 passager mini bus to arrange our own tour.

I am thinking about

san gervsio

east side ( coconuts, chen rio, mezcalito)

elmirador paradise beach

porous rock

schools churhes and neighorhoods

please let me know what you did

thanks

Gerry is booked for that day so is lazzo but tom with the barhop has offer us a 17 passager mini bus to arrange our own tour.

I am thinking about

san gervsio

east side ( coconuts, chen rio, mezcalito)

elmirador paradise beach

porous rock

schools churhes and neighorhoods

please let me know what you did

thanks

That is GREAT!!

What we did was we were picked up at Puerta Maya (Carnival Pier) and we headed to the EAST side first. We arranged to be picked up at 9AM (before Mezcalito and Coconuts opened) because we just wanted to pop in for pictures and look around. Our youngest son who is 17 has Autism and he can't handle a lot of confusion.....so I did not want to expose him to a lot of craziness. (not that I am saying there would be craziness at either place...I was just taking the precaution).

AS you go from the port ... across the main road to the East side ..you will go through the various neighbors. Gerry showed us the university, the hospital, a couple of neighborhoods... etc and then we passed San G (the ruins). I believe Gerry said it was $10.00 a person to go through them. I am not a ruins person but from what I have heard there isn't much there physically ...although the history may be worth it to you.

We did not stop since we are not into ruins. On that same road, you will also pass a Tequila Museum. They do not make Tequila there but they do have the plants and will tell you how it is made...etc. I forget the entrance fee to that. Again, we did not stop there either. (is there a lack of education pattern developing????) LOL

The FIRST stop was Mezcalito (the Naked Beach). It was before they opened...so we just walked around and took pictures. Second stop was Coconuts...again it was not open yet so we just walked around and took pictures. I LOVE how these places are never really closed...even when they are closed.

We hit the rest of the bars down the East side....stopping for a beer or a frozen dacquiri along the way. We stopped at the poruos rocks and watched the surf shoot up.

Our last stop on the East side was Bob Marley's Bar. We had planned to also go to the Lighthouse next...but DJ was getting restless....so we called it a day and had Gerry drop us off at Paradise Beach for the rest of the afternoon.

We grabbed another taxi a few hours later back to the ship.

We basically made one HUGE circle and it worked out well. Next time I would like to go horseback riding at Buena Vista (East side just before you get to Bob Marley's)...and go to the Lighthouse...which is right AFTER Bob Marleys.

And of course...once you leave the Lighthouse area you start up the WEST side where all the beach resorts are.

Hope you have a GREAT time!!

was there anything included in this tour, drinks???

Ours was not really a "tour" so to speak...we just hired a private driver to take us where we wanted to go. So I guess you could say we made our own "tour". LOL

There were no drinks included when we hired a private driver. However, Gerry will bring an ice chest if someone wants to stop by the local grocery and pick up some ice, drinks and beer.

This is a great new tour... so many people are afraid to visit the far side of the island.. they don't want to leave their comfort zone of the cruise ship pier.

For any newbies out there... go for it - you won't be disappointed.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for posting your review of the tour. That's exactly what we've been hearing from the other folks doing this tour.

There are (6) of us signed up so far on 2/25/09. Just need at least (4) more people to make this tour a go. :)

Sharon & Steve - happy to hear that you've signed up!!!:)

Thanks for posting your review of the tour. That's exactly what we've been hearing from the other folks doing this tour.

There are (6) of us signed up so far on 2/25/09. Just need at least (4) more people to make this tour a go. :)

Check with folks on your ROLL CALL...you may be able to get some extra folks from there....

Just returned from Inspiration & did the new Cozumel Bar Hop Tour. It was awesome. A big THANK YOU to Tom. :D We had a blast.

I highly recommend this tour. :p After visiting Coz many times, doing Fiesta Party Boat, Passion Island & my favorite place, Paradise Beach, this was a great way to finally get to see more of the island. Scenery & water are beautiful & the bars are interesting & fun.

I can't wait to get back there in Oct & do it again. :D

Try checking to see what other ships are in port with you & post on their Roll Call. We were on Inspiration & was supposed to meet some others from Holiday for the tour. Not sure why but Holiday didn't show up in Coz that day. Could be mechanical or medical problems or switched ports. We had a smaller group but had a great time.

The Holiday had some propulsions problems and they re-routed us to Progreso:mad: I'm so sorry we didn't get to go on the tour and am glad you did!! I didn't know one thing about Progreso and it was such a disappointment. Other than that, it was a nice cruise.

Hey Guys!

I was just wondering how much the prices were at the various bars. My group consists of about 10 Army guys/gals that are not the wealthiest around so we don't want to pay $50 then have to pay $4 a beer at the bars. Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

Randy

Hi, we are doing this tour on feb 3 (on Carnival Miracle) and would love to have others join us. Does anyone know how long you are at each stop?

We're taking the tour on the 21st but I've read about 45 min - 1 hr at each stop (which would make it about right since there are 5 bars and the tour is 5 hours). Let us know your thoughts when you get back! :)

Hey Guys!

I was just wondering how much the prices were at the various bars. My group consists of about 10 Army guys/gals that are not the wealthiest around so we don't want to pay $50 then have to pay $4 a beer at the bars. Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

Randy

Sorry but I didn't pay attention to prices at each bar.

You do receive a free shot at each stop & we usually all had one or two drinks at each stop. After a couple of stops, you don't need much more to drink. :p Just remember that the price includes transportation to see some beautiful water & scenery.

IMHO Tour was well worth the money & the fun was PRICELESS. :D

Hi,

TO: All of the CC Folks visiting Cozumel on February. 25th, 2009.

There happens to be (6) ships visiting Cozumel on this date :eek:. Besides the Ruby Princess there are: Navigator of the Seas, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Legend, Holiday and Disney Magic.

You might want to consider getting away from all of the crowds and do some sightseeing around the island while enjoying a few cocktails!!!:cool:

There's a minimum of 10 people to make the Bar-Hop-Bus tour a "GO"

There are (6) of us signed up already. Come and join us.:)

David & Lorenza

Hey Guys!

Thanks,

Randy

Ok...I am running on old memory here....(my old brain...we were just in Cozumel earlier this month) .

I know that beers at "famous restaurants/bars" like CarlosNCharlies and "beach resorts" like Paradise Beach run more than they do over on the East side. So while a beer may be $4 at CnC or Paradise Beach...(if I am remembering correctly) they were like $2 - $3 on the East side. I am thinking a beer at Coconuts is $3 ...while at one of the smaller bars along the East side...it was $2.

Now remember that you do get one free shot at each stop......

We just returned from Carnival Glory & did the Cozumel Bar Hop Tour w/Tom. It was great and we had a blast. My parents had a great time and they do not drink. We had an exceptional time since we slammed their shots too! It is a great tour of the island, Tom is an excellent tour guide and the bars are in awesome locations.

We highly recommend this tour and will try to get back soon!

Jim & Pam

I have just now seen this thread and it looks fun. I had been to other side of island one time years ago and wanted to just rent a jeep and make the loop myself. Has anyone done this? I figure a jeep rental would be about the same price as the tour. Obvious downside is you have to drive yourself after a few drinks. OK, obvious HUGE downside, but if I like the Rast Bar or coconuts a lot, I could hang there all day. Anyone do it alone before???

Hi all,

We would like to go on this tour Feb 28, 2009. We'll be arriving in Cozumel on the Carnival Fantasy. This looks like a great way to see the island. We need 8 more people to make this tour a "GO", if anyone's interested in sightseeing around the island while enjoying a few cocktails come and join us!

Joe and Amy :cool:

We just returned from Carnival Glory & did the Cozumel Bar Hop Tour w/Tom. It was great and we had a blast. My parents had a great time and they do not drink. We had an exceptional time since we slammed their shots too! It is a great tour of the island, Tom is an excellent tour guide and the bars are in awesome locations.

We highly recommend this tour and will try to get back soon!

Jim & Pam

Did you put together a "tour" or did the driver have specific places he went to? How long did it last? Thanks

Archived