Zuiderdam S Suites??

Lisa616

Does anyone have any photos of this suite? Also, I read somewhere that they range in size from 500-700 sq. feet. Does this mean that some S suites are larger than others, or is it the balcony that differs? Thanks so much!

peaches from georgia-

I could not find the "gallery" link on the virtual tour site you mentioned. Can you help me? :o

Beth

Sure, Beth. It's in the text as gallery and on the left side of the page under Gallery of Experience. Using either of these methods you then go down the page you get and click on Cruise Ships. The exact url of the page that lists the ships with virtual tours is http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/galleryships.htm

All of the "S" Suites on Vista Class ships are smaller than on all of the other HAL ships. They are great suites and very comfortable but even the port/starboard suites (which are the vast majority of them) are noticeably smaller. The aft suites are smaller still.

There are some things I like better about them than the other HAL ships but other things I like less.

Hi AGAIN LISA,The Suites are nice with some perks,If you like balconies try for a corner on the back the balconies are Great they wrape around you get sun and theres always a shady area,the room is a little smaller but hardly noticable. TOM

Remember that the square footage includes the balcony. So, as others have pointed out, S suites at the stern have smaller cabins but much larger verandahs, resulting in a total of more square feet.

Some people like the larger verandah and the aft location so tolerate the somewhat smaller cabin.

Others like to be more midships and closer to the Neptune Lounge.

It's a personal choice and I'm sure you'll be comfortable in whichever you select.

Does anyone have any photos of this suite? Also, I read somewhere that they range in size from 500-700 sq. feet. Does this mean that some S suites are larger than others, or is it the balcony that differs? Thanks so much!

Lisa, I've posted some pictures of Zuiderdam suite 7056 on my website, http://rosemontfloral.com/cruisepics.htm. We really enjoyed this cabin!

Nice pics there! Was that an aft Cat S? Thinking about booking one for December. Hmmm....

Sailing solo so I doubt space will be an issue....I'm most interested in having a big balcony and lots of sunshine to myself!

Jeff

Nice pics there! Was that an aft Cat S? Thinking about booking one for December. Hmmm....

Sailing solo so I doubt space will be an issue....I'm most interested in having a big balcony and lots of sunshine to myself!

Jeff

Suite 7056 is about midship, just opposite the Concierge/Neptune Lounge. I think the aft verandahs will give you more room and sunshine but virtually no privacy, or so it seemed from looking down from the lido deck.

Tom---the aft is sounding better and better and deck 4 should work! Maybe I can sunbathe naked if I hug the wall a bit? Hmmm....

Speaking of which....any nude bathing area on Half Moon Cay? Maybe I should post that as a separate thread lol!

Jeff

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

(nothing personal, you understand.)

I'm not saying I'm going to be nude sunbathing right in anyone's face lol! But that aft balcony seems like it will work. There is some overhang there for privacy, and that part that wraps around the sides will work especially.

Jeff

I absolutely loved being aft on NCL Dawn. I found sitting on the balcony watching the wake to be thrilling. What noise there was from the engine helped me sleep better. It annoyed my sister a little bit, but not much. Standing by the rail heading out to sea with the Dawn going full speed ahead (a very fast ship!) was really an "Oh Wow!" experience. I hope I get a chance for an aft suite again. - Jane

• 2 weeks later...

The suites - including balcony - on the "R" and "S" ships are 556 square feet.

The suites - including balcony - midships - on the Vista ships is 510 square feet.

The suites aft on the Vista ships are much smaller but the balconies are larger than those at midships. On the Oosterdam we were able to look down from the Lido Deck onto the verandahs on the Rotterdam, Upper Verandah, and Verandah decks.

The S Suites on the back are different sizes,but are just a little smaller than the ones on the side you can hardly tell.But the balconies are way way bigger.If the rubber neckers looking at you is a problem you can go on the side wrap around.The wrap around is bigger alone than the side suites entire balcony.And on deck 5 and 4 they cant see your entire balcony anyway. TOM

Jeff - IMO the side of your balcony will offer complete privacy. The only way someone could see you on the side (or your travel companion(s)) would be by leaning over the railing and peering around the partition from the side cabin next to you. We sailed in cabins 7133 and 7132 and while the balconies are mostly open and visible from the Lido Pool area, the sides are not. While I prefer not to sunbathe nude, some in our party disagreed!! You will most certainly enjoy your balcony!

Archived