Is it true, F3 going to...

klfhngr

I would tend to doubt it... RCCL has a definite vision for the appearance and design of its ships. Most of the features you see throughout their entire fleet regardless of the size of the ship. I can't see them buying someone else's design.

The very lack of any discernible enthusiasm for the F3 among even the most avid NCL enthusiasts seems argument enough against RCI evincing any interest in this ship. I believe that in this time of economic uncertainty, RCCL has more than enough money committed to its newbuilds for Celebrity and RCI that they are unlikely and perhaps unable to underwrite any further expenditures, especially for a ship whose design seems to be less than successful or popular.:rolleyes:

Out of the four biggest lines, the one that I think that would at least consider it would be MSC, but I doubt they would use a completely new design when their ships are finally beginning to take on their own signature look, design, etc.

The biggest problem with F3 going to another company, even if the interior layout can be completely re-designed, is that you'll never be able to change the exterior so that it doesn't look like an NCL ship. All of the lines have a signature exterior look to the ships, even if it is distinct.

RCL ships have a look, which is shown the most strongly in the Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis classes.

Princess ships resemble eachother, even the ones outside of the Grand Class.

Celebrity has a noticeable resemblance between the Century, Millenium, and Solstice classes.

Carnival ships have a signature look.

MSC ships are beginning to take on a look. Just compare the Musica class to the Fantasia class and you'll see what I mean.

And NCL ships also have a similar look. Even though an official rendering hasn't been released, F3 will no doubt be a gigantic version of the Jewel class.

I think RCCL has enough debt on their hands with those 2 "WTH of the Seas" currently under construction.

Carnival sure wouldn't want it.

Princess doesn't fit the bill.

Maybe one of the European lines might be interested.

Or, maybe, like one here suggested, it will be a new artificial reef somewhere.

I don't see any of the RCI or Carnival brands taking F3 without major redesign. Supposedly Aker is willing to negotiate and pay for some design work, but with credit markets the way they are it would take an amazing deal for RCI to sign up. Before the economic meltdown I think Aker would have been more successful in their attempt to shop this ship around.

The biggest problem the majors would have with the F3 is the lack of a MDR and theater, those are two venues that are very much part of the traditional cruise experience. I've read about the Freestyle program, but was the MDR that unpopular? And no theater whatsoever? Sure the shows aren't Broadway caliber, but I enjoy them.

I think the only way we'll see F3 coming into RCI is if the French government or the EU provides some sort of amazing govt-backed finance package that would pay for the redesign work and make the project attractive in this economic environment.

Archived