Cruiser Categories

keitbr

What do you think of when you see U2  

113 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of when you see U2

There has been some discussion on this and other board about the average age of HAL cruisers. I thought just for fun I would post a little quiz to see if we can figure it out. It is an easy test, just one question.

What do you think of when you see U2

A: A German submarine

B: A US spy plane

C: A band

D: A text message

I answered Band (I'm 35 and have seen them over the years in concert) but I also thought German sub at the same time 'cause I was a European history major as an undergrad;) So word association is fun but doesn't really say anything about age......

Your right, I should have asked in what context you had first heard of U2. Being 38 it was first as the band, but enjoying history I also associate it with the sub and plane. Being an engineer I most commonly use it in text and email.

Your right, I should have asked in what context you had first heard of U2. Being 38 it was first as the band, but enjoying history I also associate it with the sub and plane. Being an engineer I most commonly use it in text and email.

What, no "E, all of the above" response? (what can I say--I'm a researcher these days and have spent the past two years doing survey design:o )

What, no "E, all of the above" response? (what can I say--I'm a researcher these days and have spent the past two years doing survey design:o )

I thought about allowing choosing multiples, but that would make it very hard to determine what era people are from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Gary_Powers

The U-2 was a super secret spy plane until Francis Gary Powers got shot down over Russia in 1960. He was an employee of Lockheed Aircraft but was really a CIA agent.

In 1962 he was released from Russia in a spy swap and returned to his employer Lockheed Aircraft.

I had the privileged of meeting him the day he returned to Lockheed in 1962.

Three out of the four (Irish rock band with lead singer Bono, very high altitude spy plane built by Lockheed's skunk works and the German abbreviation - Unterseeboot/undersea boat - for submarine) Youtube came to mind also;) Cool thread!

I find the title misleading.

When I saw "cruiser categories" I thought of 6" or 8" gunned cruisers, guided missile cruisers.

When I saw the title "cruiser categories", I thought it was referring to cabin categories! But I voted "a band" like a majority of respondents so far. Could HAL be the Boomer line? :p:p

Archived