breakfast in room before tours?

BoPippy

what is the earliest you can have breakfast delivered to your room before leaving on day tours?I think i remember not being able to have it delivered before 6 or 6;30 am??

Continental Breakfast can be delivered around 6:30, we have sometimes had to write in the time. Remember, unless you are in a full suite, continental breakfast is all that is offered through room service on Princess ships.

Continental Breakfast can be delivered around 6:30, we have sometimes had to write in the time. Remember, unless you are in a full suite, continental breakfast is all that is offered through room service on Princess ships.

thanks,you are correct,i remember doing that.

Actually, I learned from these boards that all you have to do is write in your food request and it will be delivered. I did this on our last 2 princess cruises. I asked for a Denver omelet, (not on the breakfast choices), pot of coffee, oatmeal, and dry cereal for the wife. Put the note on our door before we went to sleep, and PRESTO It was delivered every morning in time to enjoy on the balcony before we had to get ready for the tours.

Bring some Kahlua if you like to jazz things up a bit.;)

Don't forget to drop a few bones for your server.:)

Have a blast!

What is a Denver omelet? I love omelets and would like to try something different.

Actually, I learned from these boards that all you have to do is write in your food request and it will be delivered. I did this on our last 2 princess cruises. I asked for a Denver omelet, (not on the breakfast choices), pot of coffee, oatmeal, and dry cereal for the wife. Put the note on our door before we went to sleep, and PRESTO It was delivered every morning in time to enjoy on the balcony before we had to get ready for the tours.

Have a blast!

Have a blast!

You got very lucky, as Princess is slowly/quickly stopping the hot breakfast items from being delivered unless to full suites (even as write ins). Not sure which ship you were able to do this on, or the year it was done, but if you try it now, don't get to disappointed when it doesn't arrive.

By looking at your signature, your last two cruises were 2004 and 2007, if that is the case, it will explain your answer. Lots changes in a year. ;)

You got very lucky, as Princess is slowly/quickly stopping the hot breakfast items from being delivered unless to full suites (even as write ins). Not sure which ship you were able to do this on, or the year it was done, but if you try it now, don't get to disappointed when it doesn't arrive.

By looking at your signature, your last two cruises were 2004 and 2007, if that is the case, it will explain your answer. Lots changes in a year. ;)

Just got off the Sapphire last week and they honored our write ins every day. I always got 2 eggs over easy with ham and hash browns. Funny enough, I called to have my order bumped up a bit and they couldn't find it so I started to relay my order over the phone. They said "I'm sorry sir, we don't do hot items for room service". I told them never mind and waited for my order. Sure enough, the hot breakfast arrived. I will always at least attempt write ins until they stop doing it for good. :D

What is a Denver omelet? I love omelets and would like to try something different.

Denver omelets are made with onions, green peppers and ham (although my mom used Spam growing up and that's still my preference). All the ingredients are cubed in about the same size and then can either be added to the egg itself (not a true omelet) and cooked or put in the middle after the egg has cooked and folded. You can also add a mild cheese (cheddar or jack works well) if you prefer. These are my husband's favor as well.

Toto2Kanasas usually has very correct and up-to-date information, so my experience from last year may, in fact, have been phased out and Princess may no longer honor write-ins. The thing I learned about write-ins and early delivery last year, however, was to be careful and not order anything that would have to come from the dining room kitchen instead of the room service kitchen. This included bagels and lox and MAYBE other special items such as omelets or french toast and specialty fruit such as mango and papaya. The dining room kitchen doesn't open until 0630/0700 hours (vice room service's 24-hour kitchen) so any of those items can't/won't be prepared until it opens. So, if you need it early, your better bet is to keep it simple. And, in all cases, enjoy!

I am not saying there are not exceptions to any rule here, please don't think that. There are always those rare instances where someone received something from room service, and someone three doors down couldn't get it.

What I am says is that Princess 'normally' will not deliver hot breakfast items to your stateroom from room service. If you plan your day around a hot breakfast arriving you could be very disappointed.

I am also not saying not to give it a try if you have the time. Just saying don't expect it, and have an alternate plan for your meal before leaving the ship in port, in case they uphold the rules.

It is like someone asking if they can carry a case of wine onboard. If you tell someone yes, and they have it confiscated (because of Princess rules on amounts), they get upset. And since it is not actually allowed on Princess, you always have to prepare for them upholding their own rules. One or two somehow get through with it, and then all who read their posts say "well I knew someone who could do it, why can't I"?

Sometimes Princess staff are new, or they mix up the number or your stateroom and you get lucky with room service. But again, you just can't count on it anymore.

Since they began their ultimate balcony dining, there is only a slim chance of receiving a regular breakfast delivered from room service unless you are in a full suite onboard.

Best of luck to all. And since many who have tried it recently (us included) have not come back and reported it was possible. The few that post to these threads that they were able to order what they desired, means the percentage is dropping quickly. ;)

Denver omelets are made with onions, green peppers and ham (although my mom used Spam growing up and that's still my preference). All the ingredients are cubed in about the same size and then can either be added to the egg itself (not a true omelet) and cooked or put in the middle after the egg has cooked and folded. You can also add a mild cheese (cheddar or jack works well) if you prefer. These are my husband's favor as well.

Eeeeewwww Spam in a Denver Omelete??? :eek:

Come on must be a Callie thing? :D

While on the Grand last December, DH and I tried doing a simple write-in, asked for scrambled eggs in addition to the coffee and juice that was listed as available on the card. Room service called us and told us we couldn't write-in requests, had to stick to what was listed on the card.

So, apparently it depends on what ship you're on and who is still making exceptions and seems to be phasing out. I'm sure we'll try on the Emerald in a few weeks so we'll be crossing our fingers we'll get a sympathetic staff. :p

You know what? You are absolutely right. It has been awhile since I was last on a Princess ship. My input was only based on my experiences from 2007.

Current cruisers: please let us know how you did with requesting items NOT on the breakfast slip you hang on the door, (aka write in requests).

Cheers! Pleasant Sailings!

I was told that I could order breakfast because I was in a mini suite, is that changed? No one told me if it has, I think we can order hot food, I'll let you know in 39 days.

I was told that I could order breakfast because I was in a mini suite, is that changed? No one told me if it has, I think we can order hot food, I'll let you know in 39 days.

Actually, not sure who told you that, but the full menu and meals delivered is only available for full suites, it does not include mini suites. :(

Mini suites have very few additional perks associated with them, unfortunately.

Full meal service to anything below a suite has been phased out the last few years, since the start of the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast/Dinner (which there is a charge for).

On the Tahitian Princess last year, I asked at the dining room for an order of Eggs Benedict (on the menu that day) that I could bring back to the cabin.

The response was why did I not just order it from room service as it was "an always available item."

So I called room service and they soon brought the Eggs Benedict to the cabin.

SUN PRINCESS, last year, October 2007, Seattle to Sydney. :cool:

Every day, before gym & aerobics, I had a full breakfast delivered & tipped the Bell Box: eggs Benedict, omelets, french toast, hot cereal, pineapple, papaya, etc.

I'll let you know if I get it on the Ruby Inaugural; however, my DD will probably want to go to the Dining Room or probably the Horizon Court, or maybe the Piatza (Atrium). :confused:

The Sun had outstanding food & service. :D

KEITH: No, not a California thing - but a Hawaii thing (and WWII) when they had to send all the pigs to Europe & Hawaii. ;)

OK, I'm the one that surfs the message boards, and I was telling my DW about this thread. She had a good question...... They offer 24 hour room service, why can't you just order breakfast from that?

I said it was a good question, can someone answer this for us?

Thanks!

(after eating a ton of Halloween candy, I feel like I've been on a cruise!!):rolleyes:

OK, I'm the one that surfs the message boards, and I was telling my DW about this thread. She had a good question...... They offer 24 hour room service, why can't you just order breakfast from that?

I said it was a good question, can someone answer this for us?

Thanks!

(after eating a ton of Halloween candy, I feel like I've been on a cruise!!):rolleyes:

You can get 24 hour room service, there is a printed menu of what is offered in your stateroom. But breakfast offered is just a little more than continental breakfast up until a certain time, no hot items on the breakfast menu. You can try for the write in on the breakfast card, although there are no lines, you have to write in the margins, but the chance of receiving it are slim, worth a try though. You can also call down, but afraid when we have tried that, no luck either.

And let us know what you find, please! We have had absolutely no luck, even though we tip room service well. :) I thought maybe in a mini suite, and being Elite would help, but nope, didn't help one little bit on any of our last few cruises. :(

We have always found the room service menu the last few years, very limited.

The continental breakfast start time is listed now as 7:30. I did write in 6:30 and 7 at different times and got it. I didn't try to write in extras. Room service on the CB last week was absolutely horrible! Long waits on hold (30 minutes at midnight one night). Long delivery times and poor food quality. Menu is very limited and don't ask for anything special because you'll get exactly what's on the menu. Twice kids asked for a plain burger and got cheeseburgers which they won't eat. One waiter told me that there were only 6 people working there and with some passengers on quarantine for the noro virus, they came first. I found it much easier to run up to the buffet at 6-6:30 and bring down food. Bring a tray with you and you can carry a couple of plates and drinks. Thermos cups for coffee helps too.

Archived