How do you all stand the wait until cruise time!!

HMSDingy

To kill time you should...

1. practice drinking "fruity drinks"

2. practice eating ridiculously large quantities of food

3. practice "napping" in a deck chair

4. repeat 1 & 2 & 3 as necessary to achieve perfection!

I check the Carnival site every day and announce to my poor beleaguered husband just how many days til!

We're at 77 now.... and he's gone through his laughing at me phase, his rolling his eyes at me phase and now is in his: "Just tell me when to bring the suitcases down from the attic" phase.

The day I pack is the day he'll decide to get involved.

When we booked our upcoming cruise the count down clock showed 408 days. Today it shows 28!! Anticipation is at least half of the fun of the journey! It's always depressing to be on the ship the last day knowing you now have nothing to look forward to! Guess we'll just have to book another cruise while we're on board!!

Talking about it on Cruise Critic makes the trip fun and increases the overall enjoyment. :)

Agreed- a nightly dose of cruise critic helps and a good roll call group that will provide emotional support until your next cruise.

We are already packed for our cruise. My wife has separated the bags into one for the pre cruise hotel stay. no need to open the cruise only bags till we board Liberty. My wife his a cruise nut she is already planning our next cruise probably either Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan or Oasis of the Seas..

1. check specials and prices daily (sometimes more); drive my TA nuts if I find a better deal and switch.

2. plan all the stuff for the cruise(s): I do a first pass on expenses, sightseeing, transportation, etc. Then, as the cruise gets closer, go into more detail.

3. read several Cruisecritic boards to get information: right now I'm subscribed to 3 boards, and about a jillion threads.

4. repeat all of the above.

Right now I'm doing this for 5 cruises over the next 18 months.

Let's see.. check flights practically every day...

Make like mercuryfan and hang out on CC....

Keep working to make sure it's paid for....

Zoom in on ports with Google Earth, just to get an idea where things are...

Post a bunch on CC ... (rinse, repeat)

Look at my countdown....

Snoop RCCLs website to plan for the cruise AFTER the next one... (Mexican Riviera is winning at the moment)

Start at the top of this list and repeat until we leave.

I just keep dreaming off all of those Cuban cigars I will be smoking when the wife and I do the Explorer of the Seas on November 30th out of Cape Liberty......

Hi Buck

Come over to the roll call for the Nov. 30th sailing of the Explorer. We have a very active group. Would love to have you join us.

Judi :)

I was wondering the same thing.

My thoughts are clouded by the cruise:) I have been waiting a long time so it feels really great to be in the 20's in the count down.

I also annouce to my husband the number of days before we are on Liberty. As mentioned before, anticipation of the cruise is half the fun, well maybe not half, but it's up there:)

I just keep dreaming off all of those Cuban cigars I will be smoking when the wife and I do the Explorer of the Seas on November 30th out of Cape Liberty......

Hi bucknakedbooda, come on over to the thread for our sailing...try this link...we have a nice group over there...there is 80 signed up for the M&M...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=531213&page=215

I printed out a copy of deck six and noted our room (6334) I put a post-it up everyday notating how many days until embarkation. I started at over 300 days, now I'm down to 153. Post-it loves me!!!

CC helps a lot too

Ready to go,

Stephanie

I've only just now (25 days!) processed that this is really happening! We booked about 7 months out.

I've got a long list of things that need doing before we go, though. Last weekend I got the haircut taken care of and next weekend we'll do the Target trip. Got to cook Thanksgiving dinner in the middle there, too. ;)

It isn't easy but Cruise Critic has helped me a lot. It is nice to talk about it among other cruise fans and for me the planning and anticipation is 1/2 the fun.

Our next cruise is not until March of 2010 at this point. We were booked on JOS again but RCCL has cancelled several cruises at the beginning of 2010 as they are sending JOS to the Olympics in Vancouver. We were booked on the ship 3-5-2010 and my TA is still waiting to hear from RCCL. They say they still have not offically cancelled our cruise but we know they have. It is no longer listed in my reservations online and bookings are no longer being taken.

I am having fun though deciding what to do instead. Celebrity Equinox looks like a distinct possibility.

When we booked our upcoming cruise the count down clock showed 408 days. Today it shows 28!! Anticipation is at least half of the fun of the journey! It's always depressing to be on the ship the last day knowing you now have nothing to look forward to! Guess we'll just have to book another cruise while we're on board!!

Hey HawkfanI, you have less time than you think, your countdown clock is wrong...lol the Independence sails on the 7th of Dec, I will be aboard in 26 days...lol

Just a friendly reminder, I wouldn't want you to arrive at the pier on the 8th...lol

DG

Archived