Tips for children?

calenita

Yes, it is the full amount, and IMHO, the extra we tipped above the recommended was for the outstanding service and attention that our then 9 and 6 year old received, especially in the MDR. My youngest still has a picture we took of the 2 boys with our waiter. The staff truly made them feel so very extra special.

We've taken many cruises with our children and IMO they are much messier than the adults and as far as the cabin attendantis concerned, they make more work than the adults in the cabin! They don't, however, order as many courses as we do and often eat in the buffet instead of the dining room. Nevertheless, we tip the full amount per person (and we are not the biggest tippers in the world). If they use the kids program, we tip an additional amount to the staff.

Why? It's RCL is the only cruise that asks it so are all the cruise lines wrong? I'm not saying it's right or wrong but it's up to each individual as to what is proper.

Well, the cruiseline SAYS that children should tip the same as adults, thus making it officially the "proper" thing to do. not subject to further interpretation, IMO. Of course, you are welcome to cruise whatever line you choose and abide by their policies - isn't there one that lets kids sail free? Be my guest.

There's another thread going now about how all the other lines allow one to bring wine onboard - again, them's the rules, take it or leave it.

Well, the cruiseline SAYS that children should tip the same as adults, thus making it officially the "proper" thing to do. not subject to further interpretation, IMO. Of course, you are welcome to cruise whatever line you choose and abide by their policies - isn't there one that lets kids sail free? Be my guest.

There's another thread going now about how all the other lines allow one to bring wine onboard - again, them's the rules, take it or leave it.

Is it a policy, rule or suggestion ?

Someone can sail RCI, announce to anyone they want that they

will not tip one cent and still be allowed to cruise. Obviously it

is wrong not to tip if service was received but it is not required.

I wish they would make it a requirement so that we wouldn't have to see posters discouraged from tipping the hardworking staff.

These people live for their tips. Why would this even be debated. Why even make that statement - "Someone can sail RCI, announce to anyone they want that they

will not tip one cent and still be allowed to cruise".

They should just add them to the cruise price & make everyone pay them.

Why? It's RCL is the only cruise that asks it so are all the cruise lines wrong? I'm not saying it's right or wrong but it's up to each individual as to what is proper.

Actually, no, other cruise lines do include children in the tipping. Disney does not allow children to opt out. Carnival automatically adds tips in for the children. Cunard charges full rate, no reduced rates for children.

Those are just the last few ships that I have been dealing with.

Just wanted to make the point that RCCL is not alone in this. ;)

These people live for their tips. Why would this even be debated. Why even make that statement - "Someone can sail RCI, announce to anyone they want that they

will not tip one cent and still be allowed to cruise".

They should just add them to the cruise price & make everyone pay them.

I never said you shouldn't tip, of course you should.

I made the statement because of the post that said:

Archived