Which cruise was your favorite, and why?

For all of you seasoned (or not so seasoned) cruisers out there, which cruise has been your favorite, and why?

For me, I'd have to say it was the Explorer of the Seas in 2002. Finally talked my DH into going on a cruise. I hadn't been on one since 1984, and it was amazing to see how much cruising had changed in 18 years. I was in awe of the entire ship, especially the dining room and Royal Promenade. Thankfully DH got addicted, and we've been on 4 since then, with another one coming up in 65 days!

Sorry....I have to have 2 favorites. My first cruise will always be very special. We booked and sailed within 2 weeks and it was before I found CC. We had never even talked to anyone who cruised. So EVERYTHING about it was a brand new experience. #2 favorite was the Panama Canal. Can't wait to do that again.

Hmmmm... tough choice as each has something special. It think in the lead though is our Panama Canal cruise, which we had a fantastic aft cabin and were able to have breakfast on our balcony while watching the lock doors close behind us. Pretty Cool.

The second was our Alaska cruise with our 21 and 19 year olds. Telling my son to stop running around a glacier was definitely not an experience I will soon forget.

I have been on twelve cruises and have two favorites. First was my third cruise on the Carnival Pride for one week to the Mexican Riviera in May 2004. I was able to talk my brother-in-law, sister and two nephews into going. We were all in suites and had a great time on the cruise.

The other is the maiden voyage of the NCL Jade in February 2008 through the Panama Canal for 13 nights. It was great to be on a longer cruise. Also, I was in a suite with a forward facing balcony, which I especially enjoyed. Great views, especially while going through the canal.

My favorite was our Navigator trip. We were upgraded to an OS which was fabulous and we met and spend a lot of time w/Hermann the Concierge and he was the best we've ever met. Everything on that cruise just seemed to be perfect. I love every cruise but when I look back, that one always stands out (and I think the Navigator decor was the best too). And I brought home 8 swirly glasses, they all made it and Sheldon helped me find boxes for them. I could go on and on, it was wonderful!

For me it would have to be our first. It was a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Enchantment in 2001, pre stretch. As I said, it was our first so everything was a new experience. It was the cruise that sold us on RCI and we have only sailed RCI since, never tried another line.

1- The old Carnival Jubilee: My wife and I were on our honeymoon, nothing can compare with that

2- Infinity, from Hawaii; seeing the ship ofr the first time all lit up from Nimitz Hwy was a sight to behold. Also disembarking in Ensenada was our worst cruise experience

3- Windstar, in Tahiti

I could just go on and on

My favorite cruise was definitely on Majesty Cruise Lines M/V Royal Majesty Boston - Bermuda. The ship was only 32,000 GRT, but it was such a classy little ship, pretty much rivaled Celebrity. The food was BY FAR the best i have ever had (Majesty Cruise Line was owned and operated by Chandris, same who owned Celebrity before RCI took over).

And Bermuda....OMG....Been there 7 times now, can't get enough of it, there is such a different feeling in Bermuda than in any of the Caribbean islands.

Was sad to see her after NCL had Freestylized her :( (or attempted to at least)

Happy Cruising!

There is only one correct answer to this question for me...the cruise on which I met my wife. In second place is a 12 day cruise we did around Italy. Many other cruises compete for number 3.

Awww, now that is sweet:)

My favorite is the first cruise I talked my husband into; Golden Princess in 2002. I had been on a horrendous Carnival cruise with my daughter (3 night cruise to the Bahamas on the Fantasy, or maybe it was the Elation?) Anywho, the moment we stepped onto the lido deck, he said "this is going to be a good time". And it really was! Other cruises have been good, but nothing quite adds up to the excitement of exploring and experiencing your first cruise.

I have got to agree with most, the first cruise is the best. The first time to experience RC is wonderful. It took me 30 years to convince DH to cruise and he was hooked at first sight. Loved that first cruise on the Rhapsody and she will always hold a special place in my heart, but the upcoming cruise with all the possibilities is always second. All the plans and hopes and dreams still to come. ;) Any RC ship I have not been on has dreams I have not had. I always look forward to my next cruise and it is second best until I have another next cruise to plan with loving hands. :rolleyes:

I LOVED all my RCCL cruises. My favorite is our recent Serenade cruise to Alaska. It was our second time in Alaska, but our first on Serenade. It was a family reunion (cruises are THE BEST for family reunions, by the way), and after the family left us at the end of Alaska, DH and I continued on to Hawaii. With 28 days onboard, we felt the crew were family by the time we left. So the next time we go on Serenade, THAT will be our family reunion.

I can't choose between our first cruise on the Disney Magic and our January '06 cruise on the Mariner of the Seas.

The Disney Magic was DH's and my very first cruise, to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. And the January '06 Mariner was with DH's two sisters and their husbands. We had an awesome time on both.

All the cruises have been great, just in different ways. I hope we have more in the future.

Our first cruise on the Empress of the Seas (used to be called Nordic Empress) in 1990. The second one is the Navigator in 2006 when we took our whole family. However, every single cruise seemed to be the "best" but those two are the most memorable.

I'd have to say the New Years Cruise in Dec/Jan 2007 on the Seranade of the Seas on its Southern Caribbean itinerary! We let the kids take friends so there were 6 of us. Great itinerary, great ship and spectacular New Years Eve including fireworks viewed from the ship while it stopped just before midnight between St John, St Thomas and Jost van Dost.

Our cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas...at the time it was the biggest ship RCI had in their fleet, everyone waved from shore as we went out of Miami...we ate with the Captain...we were with wonderful friends...we went to St. Martin, one of my favorite ports...we met so many people...the food was wonderful, as was our table and the table guests...there was not one thing the matter with that trip...it was heaven the whole time.

Rev

I have 2 favorites. One is Brilliance Greek Isles in 2005. We had a great group at our dinner table, the ports were fantastic, it was our first balcoony, and the service was excellent. The other is Rhapsody in 2004. We stayed in an oceanview on deck 2 but were traveling with family and had our favorite cabin steward of all time, Oscar. Unfortunately he set a standard that no cabin steward since has been able to achieve, although Bette on Sovereign came close.

Archived