YOUR cruise fare probably went down...

Yes it is. And because it is, is why the Florida AG forced RCI to not apply the fuel surcharge to customers who had booked but not yet paid in full.
That's a valid point. BUT since you can cancel up to 70 days prior to sailing it makes sense to just let people take advantage of the price decreases rather then rebooking which costs RCL labor in addition to the reduced fare.

I guess I grew up in a time, when you make a deal and you live with it. Having worked in retail once upon a time a long long time ago, customers like your friend are preferred to be your competitors customer. JMHO and YMMV. Still seems kind of sad... The road is now a one way street, whatever works best for me is the only way. :rolleyes:

jc

YMMV??? Haven't seen that one before. Do tell :)

And everyone is entitled to their opinion...even if they are wrong...and I am right...lol. :D I WANT THE DARN SALES EVENT DISCOUNT!!! I just went and checked and it is now even cheaper than it was last week...ugh!

Wow, you sure are nasty, may we never meet. People can get their opinions heard without your nastiness. My opinion is just as valid as yours, that's what opinions are about. Civilized people get to share opinions, but since we don't see things your way , enjoy your cruise on easy if they'll have you :p

I usually don't say this but the feeling is mutual.

Your comment to me that I am nasty means nothing because most of your posts are supportive towards complaining and ripping RCI off and if someone opposes you that person is rude and nasty anyways. Therefore, you calling someone nasty is rather a compliment.

Was my post harsh? Oh yes. This was the very first time on CC it was intended to be that way.

In regards to your opinion being as valid as mine: no, for sure not in this case. When it says new bookings only it means new bookings only. You can have whatever opinion you want it does not meet reality and the facts.

But you can always validate your opinion by saying "I am a D+ member" which you do every time you run out of facts.

I guess I grew up in a time, when you make a deal and you live with it. Having worked in retail once upon a time a long long time ago, customers like your friend are preferred to be your competitors customer. JMHO and YMMV. Still seems kind of sad... The road is now a one way street, whatever works best for me is the only way. :rolleyes:

jc

Funny you say that. I did too. And I am not even that old. Where has my generation gone wrong? :eek:

Funny you say that. I did too. And I am not even that old. Where has my generation gone wrong? :eek:

I don't think I am old either... I turn 50 in about 49 days. O crapola, I am old after all! Who would have thunk I would live to be 50. :( Way to go... now I am all depressed.;)

jc

I don't think I am old either... I turn 50 in about 49 days. O crapola, I am old after all! Who would have thunk I would live to be 50. :( Way to go... now I am all depressed.;)

jc

LMAO.

You are only as old as you are in your heart.

I am 44 so we are basically the same generation. So the question remains: where has our generation and the last generation gone wrong?

jc

You are in good company. LOL I turn 50 in 25 days, we should have a party!!!:D

Next month I'll be 47 - right between you two :)

Entitlement attitude is where it's gone wrong - everyone 'owes' you...and no personal responsibility - it's always someone else's fault.

LMAO.

You are only as old as you are in your heart.

I am 44 so we are basically the same generation. So the question remains: where has our generation and the last generation gone wrong?

Next month I'll be 47 - right between you two :)

Entitlement attitude is where it's gone wrong - everyone 'owes' you...and no personal responsibility - it's always someone else's fault.

Neither was I raised that way nor dod I live my way that way and I sure did not grow up in some Midwest mini village cut off from the outside world.

I just don't get it. This whole 'new booking only' thing is so easy to understand. :cool:

To be honest, not even my conscious would allow me to do that. Heck, before I turned diamond I cruised with 9 cruise credit in essence becoming diamond member after that cruise. To my surprise I had a diamond lounge key card in my room. I went to the LA that it was a mistake I am not diamond member. For some reason I was listed as Platinum, the cruise credits at 10. The LA thought that my status just did not propagate through the system yet but since I had listed 10 cruise credits she had a key card delivered anyways.

Guess what? I told her 'Thank you but no thank you. I didn't earn that right yet.'

:cool:

Neither was I raised that way nor dod I live my way that way and I sure did not grow up in some Midwest mini village cut off from the outside world.

I just don't get it. This whole 'new booking only' thing is so easy to understand. :cool:

To be honest, not even my conscious would allow me to do that. Heck, before I turned diamond I cruised with 9 cruise credit in essence becoming diamond member after that cruise. To my surprise I had a diamond lounge key card in my room. I went to the LA that it was a mistake I am not diamond member. For some reason I was listed as Platinum, the cruise credits at 10. The LA thought that my status just did not propagate through the system yet but since I had listed 10 cruise credits she had a key card delivered anyways.

Guess what? I told her 'Thank you but no thank you. I didn't earn that right yet.'

:cool:

Goodness..... I'd quite like to see how I would react under those circumstances.... as honest as the day... I've handed in a load of cash I found in an envelope in the street.... But getting the perks when not earned.... hmmmm......

Anyone have the link please, I keep getting "coming soon" on my usual link. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

that is the Promowave ( the on saying Coming Soon) the OP is talking about the Sales Event which comes every week but is ONLY for NEW BOOKINGS and can usually only be booked on Tuesdays but they actually did a week long one a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf

Goodness..... I'd quite like to see how I would react under those circumstances.... as honest as the day... I've handed in a load of cash I found in an envelope in the street.... But getting the perks when not earned.... hmmmm......

Hey, not saying everybody has to that. LOL.

Was just trying to explain where I was coming from. On the other side of the extremne you have those who work for those perks even if it means cheating or outright fraud.

But hey, if you turned in cash...more power to you. I don't want to know how many would walk off with a find thinking they are entitled to it. ;)

Archived