Will we have a problem 'sneaking' a 3rd person..

klfhngr

into our cabin? Here's the scoop: Wife and I decided to go for a Promenade room on Mariner (as opposed to a balcony), unfortunetly, they only accomodate 2. My mother is also going, my 2 sons will be in her cabin. My question is regarding our youngest son, if we/he decides to occasionally sleep in our room, will we have a problem? Get reported? Deported?! Has anyone else ever done this?

Our grown up daughter (and our niece) often land back at our suite, (cant get rid of them:D), if they stay over,(ie partied out!) we do give the cabin steward an extra tip that morning for the extra mess(ie bombsite) If you know he is staying, TELL your cabin steward and he will prepare it for you and give him a tip for doing so.

I've stayed in a Promenade room, and it is doable if he is small. Both my kids are taller than I am now, so that option is out the window!:rolleyes:

Or, you could line up cushions on the floor, so he can stretch out. There were 2 short couches as I recall.

The promenade rooms are very small. I use a walker and could not get it into the room. We could not pass each other at the end of the bed.One of the smallest rooms we have ever had. Would have been very unhappy but the price was so low I couldn't complain, would never take a promenade again.

into our cabin? Here's the scoop: Wife and I decided to go for a Promenade room on Mariner (as opposed to a balcony), unfortunetly, they only accomodate 2. My mother is also going, my 2 sons will be in her cabin. My question is regarding our youngest son, if we/he decides to occasionally sleep in our room, will we have a problem? Get reported? Deported?! Has anyone else ever done this?

Did you see this review of the Vision? We had a blast, as usual!:D I wish I was going back on her this weekend with some other people we know.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=876274

Not a problem. You can even get an extra room key for the displace person that's going to camp out in your PR room. And it doesn't even have to act as a chargeable Seapass. I learned something new reading these boards, you can get a Seapass for your kids that only opens the door!

LOL, I saw that thread title and thought this would be a thread on smuggling extra passengers! Do they make Rum Runners that large?:D

I bet there is someone on these boards that can tell you..;)

Great info., thanks! What about an xtra key for the girlfriend!?! ;)

I didn't know about the 'moneyless' key! Definately gonna get it! A few years ago, on one of our cruises, we kept finding hats, key chains, mugs, t-shirts, etc. in our room. I confronted my then 4 and 10 year olds.. I asked if they got them, they said, 'Yea daddy, they were FREE! We went to the store and gave them our key, they then let us take the stuff. They're gifts for grandma and grandpa'!! After hearing the story, how could we get upset! BTW, grandma and grandpa were quite happy!

DirtGirl, I'll check out the review... Been so busy... Vegas coming up in a few weeks then Mariner in April, in the mean time, it's all work and no play!

I didn't know about the 'moneyless' key! Definately gonna get it! A few years ago, on one of our cruises, we kept finding hats, key chains, mugs, t-shirts, etc. in our room. I confronted my then 4 and 10 year olds.. I asked if they got them, they said, 'Yea daddy, they were FREE! We went to the store and gave them our key, they then let us take the stuff. They're gifts for grandma and grandpa'!! After hearing the story, how could we get upset! BTW, grandma and grandpa were quite happy!

!

Oh thats too funny..:p

We had the 'moneyless' keys last August on the Monarch. They need to be told to knock first, though, as you can be caught with your pants down, so to speak, if you don't have forewarning.:o

They know better: If its rockin, don't bother knockin'!

Wow, they sure know how to do wonders with "trick photography". :rolleyes: I was thinking they looked kind of spacious...in the PHOTOS. :( Oh, well. It will just be my 16 year old daughter and me. We usually book regular inside cabins on Princess, so at least we'll have a "view", even if it's still inside. :)

The promenade rooms are very small. I use a walker and could not get it into the room. We could not pass each other at the end of the bed.One of the smallest rooms we have ever had. Would have been very unhappy but the price was so low I couldn't complain, would never take a promenade again.

Wow, they sure know how to do wonders with "trick photography". :rolleyes: I was thinking they looked kind of spacious...in the PHOTOS. :( Oh, well. It will just be my 16 year old daughter and me. We usually book regular inside cabins on Princess, so at least we'll have a "view", even if it's still inside. :)

I too thought that the rooms looked large! A friend of ours has a suite, we'll crash in his pad... or send the kid over here, lol!

Archived