What does "Includes NDA" Mean??

Sanibel*Gal

We have booked our 1st HAL Cruise and are very excited! Yesterday we received notice that the Fuel Supplement has been suspended and received a revised copy of our confirmation. There is a line item that says "Includes NDA" with the amount of $330.00. Can someone tell me what this means:confused: It is probably something very simple but sorry, I have no clue what it means.:o

Andrea

~~~~~~

We have booked our 1st HAL Cruise and are very excited! Yesterday we received notice that the Fuel Supplement has been suspended and received a revised copy of our confirmation. There is a line item that says "Includes NDA" with the amount of $330.00. Can someone tell me what this means:confused: It is probably something very simple but sorry, I have no clue what it means.:o

Andrea

~~~~~~

NDA is for your TA's information, it is the amount that is not commission-able (the amount that they make no money on).

It is as Kenevenpar Said taxes, port fees and fuel charge

NDA's are not port charges, or taxes or fuel charges. Taxes for each port of call are listed out under fees/taxes, and for bookings that had the fuel supplement, there was a fuel line item.

I pulled the following description of NDA's right from the cruise/cruisetour contract:

(b) Your cruise fare includes a "Non-Discountable Amount." That portion of the fare is both non-commissionable to travel agents and not subject to reduction in the event of a percentage discount promotion, 2 for 1 promotion or otherwise. In addition to your cruise fare, you will also be charged an amount for Taxes. That term, as used by us, refers to certain taxes, fees and charges imposed by governmental or quasi-governmental authorities, including port authorities, relating to any aspect of your cruise or tour. If governmental action results in any element of Taxes exceeding the estimates used by us for purposes of computing the quoted amount, we reserve the right to pass through the extra amount. Similarly, we reserve the right to impose or pass through fuel surcharges, security surcharges or similar incidental surcharges. No right of cancellation exists under either of these circumstances.

NDA's are not port charges, or taxes or fuel charges. Taxes for each port of call are listed out under fees/taxes, and for bookings that had the fuel supplement, there was a fuel line item.

I pulled the following description of NDA's right from the cruise/cruisetour contract:

Actually PitDoctor..Yes they are! You're statement

(quote) NDA's are not port charges, or taxes or fuel charges. Taxes for each port of call are listed out under fees/taxes, and for bookings that had the fuel supplement, there was a fuel line item. (unquote)

is misleading & incorrect...Port Charges, Taxes, Fuel charges & Government Fees are all "Non-Discountable Amounts" & are in fact NDA's..

Did you miss Kenenpar Post (No. 2)? Ken was correct when he said : ""I believe it is "Non-discountable Amounts". Probably port fees and taxes."

NDA's are Non-commissionable & Travel Agents, only discount the basic fare but not any of the NDA's... Psgrs. can't even cancel a booking, if the Cruise Line requires additional $$$ for NDA increases &/or new NDA's..The Cruise Line has the right to charge NDA increases right up to departure time..

Even when someone enters a contest & wins a free cruise from a Travel Agent..The 100% discount is only on the basic cruise fare ..Winners are charged for NDA's, which include Port Charges, Govt. Taxes, Fee's, fuel charges etc since the TA can't discount them..

When one takes a chance on board for a free cruise or wins one at Bingo, I'm not sure if the winner still pays these fee's or if the Cruise Line can waive them..It would be very interesting to find out the answer..

In many cases fuel surcharges, Govt. Taxes, Govt Fees, & Port Charges can be quite high depending on the Cruise & or Ports, such as Alaska & some international ports... For instance on a basic land tour/cruise to Alaska in August, we paid $626 plus $252. fuel surcharge..Total $ 878 (for two) over & above our basic tour/cruise price...The charges were itemized line by line & included Govt Fees & other taxes, Alaskan State Tax, US/International Transportation Tax, Customs user fee, APHIS User fee, plus Transportation Tax & Security Fees, on the air portion..They were all NDA's.

Some winners might not to accept the free cruise, especially since they have to claim them on their income taxes & also pay the NDA's..There is no free ride with Uncle Sam.. :(

Happy Cruising & Planning everyone..Cheers..Betty

P.S. Wish I could remember to change the color of the entire post..The letters/words in black came out Red so I changed them to black instead of blue..sorry..

Actually PitDoctor..Yes they are! You're statement

(quote) NDA's are not port charges, or taxes or fuel charges. Taxes for each port of call are listed out under fees/taxes, and for bookings that had the fuel supplement, there was a fuel line item. (unquote)

is misleading & incorrect...Port Charges, Taxes, Fuel charges & Government Fees are all "Non-Discountable Amounts" & are in fact NDA's..

Did you miss Kenenpar Post (No. 2)? Ken was correct when he said : ""I believe it is "Non-discountable Amounts". Probably port fees and taxes."

NDA's are Non-commissionable & Travel Agents, only discount the basic fare but not any of the NDA's... Psgrs. can't even cancel a booking, if the Cruise Line requires additional $$$ for NDA increases &/or new NDA's..The Cruise Line has the right to charge NDA increases right up to departure time..

Even when someone enters a contest & wins a free cruise from a Travel Agent..The 100% discount is only on the basic cruise fare ..Winners are charged for NDA's, which include Port Charges, Govt. Taxes, Fee's, fuel charges etc since the TA can't discount them..

When one takes a chance on board for a free cruise or wins one at Bingo, I'm not sure if the winner still pays these fee's or if the Cruise Line can waive them..It would be very interesting to find out the answer..

In many cases fuel surcharges, Govt. Taxes, Govt Fees, & Port Charges can be quite high depending on the Cruise & or Ports, such as Alaska & some international ports... For instance on a basic land tour/cruise to Alaska in August, we paid $626 plus $252. fuel surcharge..Total $ 878 (for two) over & above our basic tour/cruise price...The charges were itemized line by line & included Govt Fees & other taxes, Alaskan State Tax, US/International Transportation Tax, Customs user fee, APHIS User fee, plus Transportation Tax & Security Fees, on the air portion..They were all NDA's.

Some winners might not to accept the free cruise, especially since they have to claim them on their income taxes & also pay the NDA's..There is no free ride with Uncle Sam.. :(

Happy Cruising & Planning everyone..Cheers..Betty

P.S. Wish I could remember to change the color of the entire post..The letters/words in black came out Red so I changed them to black instead of blue..sorry..

While it may be true that Fees and Taxes and Fuel Supplements are not discountable items. The OP had asked about a specific line item listed on their booking confirmation. That line item on the booking confirmation does not include fees & taxes or fuel supplement.

I knew pitdoctor was wrong but being a nice guy, didn't want to tell him.

I think it's important to correct factual misinformation that has been presented. People rely on info presented here.

The correction can be presented in a nice way, but there's no reason to withhold it entirely.

Archived