Walking to Cruise Port - Fort Lauderdale

Packman1000

We stayed at the Pier in May, you could walk it...but I personally wouldn't want to pull that luggage up and over that bridge..Maybe I just travel heavy so if travel light you'll be ok. I think the cab was less then $9 including tip. You have to show ID to enter the dock area. We just flashed ours thru the cab window.

The cab pulled right up and our luggage was taken by the porters curb side.. You'll be able to see your ship the morning you wake up. PS The Hyatt is wonderful. The pool and spa is a real treat. You'll love it. Great Choice

From the Renaisance - how far to the closest CVS or liquer store?

Should I take the princess transfers or just take a cab and what

is the perfect time to arrive at port?

Thanks,

Teresa

Which ship are you on? Renaissance is closest hotel to port entrance on the 17th Street side. A few blocks to Publix and or Winn Dixie. Perfect time to arrive; 11:00 AM

We are staying at the Ft. Lauderdale Grande. The Coral will be the only Princess ship in port that day so I assume we will be leaving from Terminal 2. There are also only 4 ships in port that day so I guess we will have to decide on whether we want to walk sort of across the street (I know we have to go down 17th Street (or Marriott?) to Eisenhower) or just take a cab. (I don't know if the hotel offers a shuttle.) Dealing with the luggage will be no problem. I think the distance walking to the port will be about the same distance as walking through the airport (especially LAX). LOL!!

From the Renaisance - how far to the closest CVS or liquer store?

Thanks,

Teresa

2 long blocks, walk there and take a cab back. Total Wine and Publix is behind the Embassy Suites on 17th St.

We are staying at the Ft. Lauderdale Grande. The Coral will be the only Princess ship in port that day so I assume we will be leaving from Terminal 2. There are also only 4 ships in port that day so I guess we will have to decide on whether we want to walk sort of across the street (I know we have to go down 17th Street (or Marriott?) to Eisenhower) or just take a cab. (I don't know if the hotel offers a shuttle.) Dealing with the luggage will be no problem. I think the distance walking to the port will be about the same distance as walking through the airport (especially LAX). LOL!!

You cannot assume that the Coral will be in Terminal 2. It's a smaller ship and they just might use one of the other terminals.

If you are at pier 1 or 2, where most of the Grand Class ships dock it is walkable - if you are as far out as pier 20 your walk from the port entrance would not be advisable. When we sailed on the Sea a couple of years ago we were at pier 21 - a looooong ways from the port entrance.

Ron

Hey Ron from beautiful Oscoda,

Actually I have walked between the pier 2 and pier 21 when we were sailing out of 21 and returning to 2 so I parked the car at the Northport location. It's really not a bad walk at all, even if you are pulling a suitcase. We could never do that because we always seem to have just a little bit more to carry than that.

You cannot assume that the Coral will be in Terminal 2. It's a smaller ship and they just might use one of the other terminals.

With only 4 ships in port and Coral being the only Princess ship in that day it is a virtual certainty that she will be at Terminal 2. Never seen anyone but Princess at that terminal when there was at least one Princess ship in port. Often times though the ships on 10 day itineraries will leave from one terminal and return to another depending on how many ships are in port on those days.

Coral although smaller in GRT is actually slightly longer than any of the Grand class ships so I would doubt they would move her to a different terminal just because of her "smaller" size.

[quote name='td1356']From the Renaisance - how far to the closest CVS or liquer store?

Thanks,
Teresa[/quote]

The CVS across the street from the Renaissance. You just walk to the
corner and cross at that light [nearest the hotel] and the CVS directly
across the street.

Archived