LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Here's two amazing videos of the falls that I found:

Great video on the falls. There is a walking bridge that goes out over the water. At one point it appears that it is just feet from the falls itself.

Thanks for the links. I'll have to look at them when my computer isn't acting up so much.

Here's two amazing videos of the falls that I found:

Great video on the falls. There is a walking bridge that goes out over the water. At one point it appears that it is just feet from the falls itself.

Thanks for posting these links...amazing! My daughter will be in Buenos Aires for 4 months:eek: starting in July....guess I'm going to need to plan another trip....oh no!:D Definetly going to have to see these falls!

Hey Carol...how safe did you feel walking around the city? Any info would be appreciated...now or later:)

Millie...........the sad news from the ship.........is that your pics of youtube pictures are far superior to what the group from the ship actually got to see. The are very upset with the shore excursions desk.........and probably rightfully so. The ship arrived one and a half hours late........and so everyone on that excursion missed the plane that was to take them to the falls. The next plane out get them to the falls at 4 PM will another flight back at 6 PM. They never got to see the Devils Throat...........or any of the main falls, only the small ones that everyone has seen that has been to Norway or even the Chilean fjords. They were not served lunch as promised, etc.

Needless to say...........Bobbie is calling it a "total disaster". All of the people on the excurision are asking for their money back. It will be interesting to see how the ship.......or corporate handles this.

Rick

The other report that I got from Bobbie.........is that Buenos Aires was much prettier than Rio de Janiero. She wished that she could have spent more time in that city!

Now they are cruising for 4 days...........the 4th day will be the day going around the horn. That has to be a very special day!! And then it appears that Ushuaia is up a fjord in the Beagle Channel. Should be a beautiful and calm voyage up the channel.

There is only one company that allows people to actually gain access to an island where there are penguins. That is very high on her list of thing to do.........so will be intested in seeing how she likes that trip.

It's not listed on the regular shore excurisions thur the ship.

Rick

That totally sucks, Rick. I am glad we went to Brazil 5 days before our cruise around the horn out of Rio. The whole flying to Iquassu from the cruise ship just seemed problematic. I know those excursions on HAL were very expensive. Not good.

jc

Millie...........the sad news from the ship.........is that your pics of youtube pictures are far superior to what the group from the ship actually got to see. The are very upset with the shore excursions desk.........and probably rightfully so. The ship arrived one and a half hours late........and so everyone on that excursion missed the plane that was to take them to the falls. The next plane out get them to the falls at 4 PM will another flight back at 6 PM. They never got to see the Devils Throat...........or any of the main falls, only the small ones that everyone has seen that has been to Norway or even the Chilean fjords. They were not served lunch as promised, etc.

Needless to say...........Bobbie is calling it a "total disaster". All of the people on the excurision are asking for their money back. It will be interesting to see how the ship.......or corporate handles this.

Rick

Sue told me that several partial refunds have been officially promised.

Dave, are you going to make it on the last leg?

A number of press, vip's, ta's and rci folk got off in Buenos Aires and rumor has it more got on.

Still not crowded and we've heard there will be fewer the 3rd leg than on the 1st leg. I'll try to find out.

Carol rode a horse today, she might not be walking for a while.

:p :p :p

I'm walking just fine - El Diablo was a very nice horse! ;)

The problem is the SOFABED.

Cindy, Jeannine and I are "rotating" accommodations, and last night was my first night on the sofabed.

Now, I have slept on the sofabed in a few cabins before, and each time, it was fine.

This one SUCKS. When I arose this morning, I couldn't pick up the pillow mint off the floor, where I had thrown it the night before. :D OUCH!

So, when someone asks the question on CC, "how are the sofabeds on the........of the Seas?", the answer really varies from ship to ship and even from cabin to cabin.

I had no sofabed complaints until now.

I left a note for Samuel, our cabin steward, to add a SECOND egg crate mattress topper to the bed tonight. I'll let you all know if that helps. :rolleyes:

I have loved every port on this cruise.

I wouldn't even begin to compare Rio and Buenos Aires. Both are fantastic cities in wonderful countries.

There are always safety issues, but you simply must always be aware of your surroundings, even at home.

:p :p :p

I'm walking just fine - El Diablo was a very nice horse! ;)

The problem is the SOFABED.

Cindy, Jeannine and I are "rotating" accommodations, and last night was my first night on the sofabed.

Now, I have slept on the sofabed in a few cabins before, and each time, it was fine.

This one SUCKS. When I arose this morning, I couldn't pick up the pillow mint off the floor, where I had thrown it the night before. :D OUCH!

So, when someone asks the question on CC, "how are the sofabeds on the........of the Seas?", the answer really varies from ship to ship and even from cabin to cabin.

I had no sofabed complaints until now.

I left a note for Samuel, our cabin steward, to add a SECOND egg crate mattress topper to the bed tonight. I'll let you all know if that helps. :rolleyes:

When ever I go horse back riding , I seem to always get a horse they call

"The Widow Maker"

Sue told me that several partial refunds have been officially promised.

I hope that they are credited back as to how they paid. I would be upset if it came back as an OBC.

I know that Bobbie will keep me informed.........and if it's not right....I'll be doing my magic from here!

Sorry to hear about the sofa bed!! What a bummer.

If you are around on Monday afternoon.......that's one week from tomorrow........let's meet in the Lotus Lounge, before main seating!!

Rick

The Star Princess is doing a similar run from Buenos Aires to the West Coast of South America right now a few days ahead of the Mariner. Not a very chatty bunch but there are some interesting comments on the sights. Only 25 posts on a thread starting Jan 17th.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=908244

Has the Mariner been to Buenos Aires yet ?

I have lost track.

I noticed how close "by land " Santiago is to Buenos Aires about 600 miles

George.....they left Buenos Aires last evening! Now they have 4 sea days, the last one going around the horn. Next stop is Ushuaia.

Rick

Rick

Oh Rick, I feel so badly that this happened. What a major disappointment. After seeing the videos I was in awe of the natural beauty and the power of the falls. I just knew they would all be seeing that too.

I have spoken with several people who were on the tour of Iguazu Falls. Yes, there were glitches, which began when the ship was not cleared by the local authorities until well after the hoped-for time. But they were thrilled to see what they saw. Each passenger on this tour will receive a $300 refund and dinner in Portofino.

Archived