LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

That would be me, I took my Marine VHF radio with us to Jetty Park

I had posted your cc link and the you tube link back a page or so ago because I thought it was really cool that you talked to the Captain and I wasn't sure if anyone in this thread had caught the thread you posted on. That must have been exciting yet sad. I haven't been on a RCI ship in a long time and was looking at Mariner...I guess this gives me an excuse to go to the West Coast again :) and check her out for myself. Everyone on the RC boards seem to love her.

I had posted your cc link and the you tube link back a page or so ago because I thought it was really cool that you talked to the Captain and I wasn't sure if anyone in this thread had caught the thread you posted on. That must have been exciting yet sad. I haven't been on a RCI ship in a long time and was looking at Mariner...I guess this gives me an excuse to go to the West Coast again :) and check her out for myself. Everyone on the RC boards seem to love her.

Yes it was sad, she was our first balcony sailing, damn she cost me a lot of money since then:D It was nice of Capt Johnny to chat like he did

Just got an email from someone on board that the ship is at 77% capacity.

That would equate to almost 2200 passengers........and what my DW came up with last night was only 1700. I think that she is going to be with the Hotel Director this afternoon (not Richard Nentwich...Gary Davies, who we know...but he will be getting off in Barbados) and will be able to get an accurate count to pass along.

Rick

That would equate to almost 2200 passengers........and what my DW came up with last night was only 1700. I think that she is going to be with the Hotel Director this afternoon (not Richard Nentwich...Gary Davies, who we know...but he will be getting off in Barbados) and will be able to get an accurate count to pass along.

Rick

Probably depends on whether they count 100% to be full double occupancy, or with all berths filled. I always thought they meant 100% to be full double occupancy, which can result in occasional sailings over 100%.

Theron

Probably depends on whether they count 100% to be full double occupancy, or with all berths filled. I always thought they meant 100% to be full double occupancy, which can result in occasional sailings over 100%.

Theron

Theron, you seem to be very savvy about computers---- Do you know how to go back to a specific post by number? I listed two pages with post numbers so I could go back to them, but the only way I can manage it is to scroll over the page numbers at the top until I find the correct page range. That's pretty time-comsuming! Thanks, if you can help.

Trish

Theron, you seem to be very savvy about computers---- Do you know how to go back to a specific post by number? I listed two pages with post numbers so I could go back to them, but the only way I can manage it is to scroll over the page numbers at the top until I find the correct page range. That's pretty time-comsuming! Thanks, if you can help.

Trish

Trish, I think I know the answer.

Click on the post number (upper right corner). It will open up a new window with just that post in it. Then bookmark the post.

Example: Here's the link to your post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=17561105&postcount=834

I have been reading this thread and have found it very interesting. One detail that I must have missed somewhere is that Ken Rush is not the Curise Director. It was my understanding that Ken was to be the CD on this cruise. When did that change? Thanks in advance.

I have been reading this thread and have found it very interesting. One detail that I must have missed somewhere is that Ken Rush is not the Curise Director. It was my understanding that Ken was to be the CD on this cruise. When did that change? Thanks in advance.

I didn't know that Ken was supposed to be the CD. Someone at corporate said that Dru was to be the CD.........but people seem to like Abe..........and from Carols reports.........he seems to fit the role perfectly.

Rick

Carol, if they did not collect your passport yesterday......may I suggest that you take it to GR before you arrive in Sao Paulo. Your Visa must have an entry stamp on it to validate it. And this they will do on the ship.

Patti........in addition to your posting this here......I'm glad that she made mention of it. I'll also email Bobbie with your wording to pass it on to Carol. Thanks!!

Rick

53 days...that must like dieing and then coming back to life...can't even imagine...and i thought that 10 days was like heaven...53 days...MAY BE 1 OR 2 DAYS TOOOO LONG FOR ME...will sail the mairner on the 15th of march for the mex riv...can't wait...CAROL enjoy your short trip and keep us posted...

Trish, I think I know the answer.

Click on the post number (upper right corner). It will open up a new window with just that post in it. Then bookmark the post.

Example: Here's the link to your post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=17561105&postcount=834

Mary, thanks, but that only will work after I find the post. I'm trying to go back to some older posts, but I didn't bookmark them when I was there before! That would have made sense! I just wrote down the number, and now it's hard to find them again!

Mary, thanks, but that only will work after I find the post. I'm trying to go back to some older posts, but I didn't bookmark them when I was there before! That would have made sense! I just wrote down the number, and now it's hard to find them again!

It sounds like you know the post number, but not the page number of the thread, is that the correct problem?

If so, just divide the post number by the number of posts you see per thread page. The default is 20, but some people change that to fit more on a page, for example, I have mine set to 40. So if you were looking for post 834, just divide 834 by 20 and you get 41.7, so that post would be 7/10 of the way down page 42 (you have to add one since everything past .0 is on the next page!) To get to any particular page number, just use the link to the thread with the page number selected on the end:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=894610&page=42

You can bookmark that, with any page number actually, and then when you load that link, just change the page number in the address window and reload.

Is this what you are looking to do?

Theron

It sounds like you know the post number, but not the page number of the thread, is that the correct problem?

If so, just divide the post number by the number of posts you see per thread page. The default is 20, but some people change that to fit more on a page, for example, I have mine set to 40. So if you were looking for post 834, just divide 834 by 20 and you get 41.7, so that post would be 7/10 of the way down page 42 (you have to add one since everything past .0 is on the next page!) To get to any particular page number, just use the link to the thread with the page number selected on the end:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=894610&page=42

You can bookmark that, with any page number actually, and then when you load that link, just change the page number in the address window and reload.

Is this what you are looking to do?

Theron

BRILLIANT!!! That'll work. Thanks so much! Next time I follow a thread for months and months, I'll just bookmark posts along the way. :D

I had heard some time back that Ken Rush would be CD, and then it changed several times. We sailed on Mariner in Sept. 08 and I asked Abe then if he knew who the CD would be for the Horn trip and he said that he would be the one....so guess it has been set for about 3-4 months at least.

My whole family is so happy for you - 53 days on the Mariner!!!! Wish we were there with you. She's our favorite ship and we are always looking at our vaca pics (wish we'd taken pics of our cabin doors and hallways, but dh keeps his eye on webshots and flickr). Since we live in Cal. we can't wait until she gets here. Know you're going to have lots and lots of fun! Keep posting please - we're cruising with you in spirit....:)

If anyone from the Mariner is reading this.......would they please contact Bobbie, and let her know that there in mail in her inbox! Thanks!!:)

Rick

ROFL LOL

Now Rick, they are all on the beach at Coco Caye.............then everybody has to rush back to get dressed for formal night and then take their orange vests and rush down to muster drill. Then they all have to rush back to their cabins and deposit their vests............freshen up what was disturbed by those ugly orange vests.............then rush down to the Captain Reception Party and then go to dinner.

When is anybody supposed to have time to read CC????:p:p

Am I understanding this correctly. Did the 150 or so that did not have the Brazil visa not get on the ship when it left PC? Or would they not be allowed off in Brazil?

They were not allowed to board the ship without the visas. That was what RCI told everyone well before the cruise and it didn't matter whether or not you intended to get of the ship in Brazil, the Brazilian authorities still insisted that all passengers get the necessary visa. Apparently those affected either didn't read their documents or felt that the rules didn't apply to them. Now they have to deal with the consequences. Whatever they decide to do, they have (hopefully) learned an expensive lesson.

Am I understanding this correctly. Did the 150 or so that did not have the Brazil visa not get on the ship when it left PC? Or would they not be allowed off in Brazil?

They weren't allowed onto the ship.

Archived