My Time Dining

agem19

Can you call someone to make your MTD reservations each day, or do you need to go to the dining room to do it?

Also, on the first day of the cruise, do you stand in the same line as the people in main dining that want a change, or are there two different lines?

When I booked an August cruise yesterday, the TA told me if we wanted MTD we could select it now but would have to pay the gratuities up front, now. Anyone else heard of this?

They will add the gratuities to your invoice and paid when the final payment is made. In order to participate in MTD, you have to pre-pay gratuities.

Nobody had to wait for a table during our 10 night cruise on Jewel in November. They had plenty of tables for two. It was a very well organized area and we were VERY happy with it and will definitely do it again on next cruise. The service was great, we had same table and same wait staff all but one night. You can definitely get table for two or 12 for that matter, very accommodating. Yes, tips have to be prepaid because you might not get same wait staff especially if you go at widely varied times during the cruise but that was fine with us and we wound up giving more anyway because we were so happy with the service.

Can you call someone to make your MTD reservations each day, or do you need to go to the dining room to do it?

Also, on the first day of the cruise, do you stand in the same line as the people in main dining that want a change, or are there two different lines?

You can make your reservations directly with the MTD Head Waiter and/or Hostess or by phone. There is a specific section of the dining room set aside for MTD......on our Jewel of the Seas cruise it was the right side of the dining room on deck 5. You would go there on day 1 and not go where others are changing dining arrangements. We made a standing reservation for 7:45 each evening and loved everything about MTD. :)

They will add the gratuities to your invoice and paid when the final payment is made. In order to participate in MTD, you have to pre-pay gratuities.

Yes you have to pre-pay gratuities for MTD and, if you're willing to take a chance that it's not full, you can sign up for MTD on day 1 of the cruise. At that time you will sign the form for pre-paid gratuities and they will be charged to your SeaPass card. We did this on our Jewel of the Seas cruise and there were plenty of seats. We'll take our chances for our April Radiance of the Seas cruise and wait to sign up for MTD on day 1.

But if you really want MTD I wouldn't wait to sign up till on board. On our Jewel cruise the whole section was full and there were some who wanted to switch that couldn't. Prepaying gratuities is not that big a deal when the entire cost of the cruise is considered and I won't take a chance on not getting MTD because I had to prepay tips. Besides I'm paying the tips anyway and it's not like I lose a bunch of interest with this little bit of money sitting in a savings account. If you don't care that much one way or the other then fine, but if you REALLY want MTD dining I wouldn't wait, especially with the good reviews it's been getting, suspect it will become even more popular.

But if you really want MTD I wouldn't wait to sign up till on board.

Agree. It's becoming more popular. If you know that you already want it, why not sign up for it prior to the cruise? One less thing to worry about plus MTD is becoming more popular. There have also been posts here on CC where guests could not get it after boarding.

Does Freedom have MTD, I didn't see it on the list?????:confused:
It wasn't on the list in the link I provided previously because Freedom has been doing MTD for awhile and this list is for ships that haven't yet implemented it.

Check out MTD info on RCCL website (scroll to the bottom of the page for a list of ships already doing MTD and you will see that Freedom is there). :)

Did My Time Dining on the Freedom this December had a table for two and the same wait team, I always like traditional dining but decided to give this a try and after our positive experience with My Time dining do not believe we could ever do traditional dining again. We just thought it was great, we came down at various times were seated as soon as we walked up to the front. Dinner was served promptly and felt service was top notch.

We are sailing on Monarch in late April. I see it goes to MTD in March. Since this is past the date for our final payment, I assume that we will just get charged a separate charge on our CC for the tips?

Yes, I believe so. When I first went to add tips onto our cruise in case MTD became available in time, they told me I could wait and do it later. There is a cut off (I believe it is one week before you sail) when you can't add it until you are on the ship.

I have heard people saying they tried to add it once they were on the ship but it was already full.

I have a question; are there still traditional seating times? Or is it only the MyTime option now? The reason I ask is because, I am leaving January 10th on the Serenade and in my documents it says 6:00 seating?

Thanks.

Archived