Future cruise credits

CalCruzer

They cost $100 & can only be bought on board. The FCC counts as a $100 deposit on a Princess cruise. In addition, you get an Onboard Credit of $25 to $150 depending on the length of your cruise & whether you get an inside or outside cabin.

For lots of info on future Cruise Credit just go to top where the page numbrs are and where it says Search this Forum put in Future Cruise Credit or FCC and all sorts of info comes up. There has been lots of threads about that subject. It is a very good deal.

Marilyn

To elaborate some:

a) The $100 you pay for a FCC means, for almost all Princess cruises, that will become your total deposit and the second person in the cabin would only need to pay a $100 deposit.

b) Your have four years to use your FCC. If you decide not to cruise Princess in that time frame, you can request your $100 back.

c) You only need to use one FCC for the first two people in a cabin to each get the onboard credit of from $25 to $150.

d) You can apply your FCC whether you book with a travel agent or with Princess. Be aware that not all travel agent are aware that only one FCC is needed to get the onboard credit for two, so you may need to educate the travel agent.

In Australia we do not pay the $100 for the FCC letters, we have to pay $200 deposit ONLY when booking a cruise and get the OBC per the letter as well. Lasts 4 years.

We fax the FCC letter to our agent when booking. The T/A then faxes the letter to Princess with our cruise booking details.

From the Princess website......

Future Cruise Consultant

While onboard you can book your next escape with Princess. Future Cruise Consultants are on each vessel to advise you of future cruise itineraries, fares and incentives. By booking onboard, you will receive reduced deposits of $100 per person and up to $150 shipboard credit per person on your next sailing with Princess.

Simply make a deposit toward any cruise to secure this exclusive offer available only to our onboard passengers.

CRUISE LENGTHSTATEROOM TYPEONBOARD CREDIT (USD/CAD)*7-9 daysInterior

Oceanview$25

$5010-15 daysInterior

Oceanview$75

$10016+ daysInterior

Oceanview$125

$150

What does that mean and how does one obtain them?

If you are interested in purchasing, when you go on the Star Princess, you can either fill out the form or go in person to the FCC. There will be information in the Patters as well as the TV in your cabin listing the hours they are open.

• 1 month later...

I’m still just a little confused about using only one FCC on a booking. A little help please!

For the past several years while onboard we have bought two FCCs and then booked our next cruise using them both. This year can both DH and I buy FCCs onboard and then book our next cruise using only DHs FCC (leaving mine in the “bank”) pay $100 for my deposit and then both receive the OBC? Then later in the year can I book a cruise for myself and someone other than DH using my “banked” FCC as my deposit with the other person only having to pay $100 deposit and then both of us getting the OBC?

Hope my question is clear. Thanks, Barb

This year can both DH and I buy FCCs onboard and then book our next cruise using only DHs FCC (leaving mine in the “bank”) pay $100 for my deposit and then both receive the OBC?

That's the way I understand it.

Then later in the year can I book a cruise for myself and someone other than DH using my “banked” FCC as my deposit with the other person only having to pay $100 deposit and then both of us getting the OBC?

That also sounds correct. However, your DH might be a little upset that you're taking a cruise with someone else. :)

I’m still just a little confused about using only one FCC on a booking. A little help please!

For the past several years while onboard we have bought two FCCs and then booked our next cruise using them both. This year can both DH and I buy FCCs onboard and then book our next cruise using only DHs FCC (leaving mine in the “bank”) pay $100 for my deposit and then both receive the OBC? Then later in the year can I book a cruise for myself and someone other than DH using my “banked” FCC as my deposit with the other person only having to pay $100 deposit and then both of us getting the OBC?

Barb, you are absolutely correct as the above poster said. That is exactly what we do. We always have at least 2-3 FCC's in the "bank" at all times because you just never know when a cruise might sail by so to speak.:D

MArilyn

UK passengers do not pay upfront for the FCCs. We only have to pay £75 per person deposit and we get a varied amount of OBC according to length of cruise. We always pick up a couple of the FCC letters whilst on board. On our next cruise we will get $150 per person OBC but we had to pay an enhanced amount of deposit because it is a world cruise sector:(

I think that without the FCC we would be required to pay 20% of the cruise price as a deposit and I would much rather have that money sitting in my bank account until final payment day (even though it is earning nothing in interest at the moment:mad:).

We always have two in hand. We only use one of the FCC letters but we have to pay two deposits of £75. We both get the OBC.

We're also from the UK. We're going on the Grand in May. And we've just booked our cruise on the Ruby for next year. When we are on the Grand, do you think the obc from Future cruises can be added to bookings already made?

Or should we have waited to book our next cruise until we were onboard!

We're also from the UK. We're going on the Grand in May. And we've just booked our cruise on the Ruby for next year. When we are on the Grand, do you think the obc from Future cruises can be added to bookings already made?

Or should we have waited to book our next cruise until we were onboard!

We booked a cruise with an online TA in the UK and they gave us $50 each obc. We also gave them the reference on our FCC letter and we got an extra $50 obc from Princess. Then we got a fuel refund of £33 each so we started the cruise with $266 obc:D

Do you have your FCC letter or do you mean you will obtain one once you get on board Grand in May? If that is the case, then I don't think you will be able to backdate the FCC for your Ruby cruise. Our Ruby cruise was a future cruise booking.

My sister and brother-in-law purchased two on their cruise. (I also purchased one for myself.) I spoke to the FCC adviser and asked about it and was told that only one is needed for a couple but that may change in the future (the second person would pay $100 at booking time). Note that the piece of paper you receive on board as a receipt is not needed except as a receipt. The credit is put on your Captains Circle account and is associated with the membership number.

BTW: We are going on a cruise in June and my sister ended up getting two rooms for her family so the two FCCs came in handy.

Wow. I didn't know that. We always purchase two FCC's and use them both for our next cruise. I was under the assumption that you only need to use one to get the reduced deposit for both, but then only one person receives the onboard credit. Am I wrong here?

Wow. I didn't know that. We always purchase two FCC's and use them both for our next cruise. I was under the assumption that you only need to use one to get the reduced deposit for both, but then only one person receives the onboard credit. Am I wrong here?

Yes, you are incorrect. When you use one FCC + a $100 as a deposit for a second person, both people receive the onboard credit.

Then why am I spending $200 each time when I don't need to? We always purchase two FCC's then use them both for our next booking. Guess that's going to change. Now, why wouldn't the future cruise consultant state that when buying the FCC's?

Archived