On Board Dry Cleaning for Formal Night

scottam

I just phoned Princess and was told that "all ships are offering dry cleaning services." I pressed a little and mentioned some people's experiences mentioned here and she said she would double check and put me on hold. When she came back on the liine, she confirmed again that dry cleaning is available. Sort of makes you go hmmm ... and wonder, if another call were made, would the answer be the same? Perhaps she just looked it up on their website like I had already done.

I may just dry clean at home and pack carefully as I've done in the past and not risk finding out when I board that there really isn't dry cleaning.

Tammy

I'd take everything you heard with a very large grain of salt. "All ships"??? That's definitely wrong since the R-class ships (Royal, Pacific and Tahitian) never had dry cleaning facilities.

I'd take everything you heard with a very large grain of salt. "All ships"??? That's definitely wrong since the R-class ships (Royal, Pacific and Tahitian) never had dry cleaning facilities.

Interesting. I thought I saw dry cleaning offered on the TA last year.

I agree. Pretty broad statement, I guess. I wish I'd thought to challenge it with the fact that the R ships never had it. But I didn't realize that. Anyway, now I don't feel comfortable that I would get a dependable answer, so I'm going the safe route by boarding with my dry cleaning already done, like I always have. Dang, it was such a great idea! Oh well. :)

Thanks everyone for your insights and comments.

Tammy

When I asked our cabin steward that Princess still states that dry cleaning is a offered, and a perk for those of us who are elite and also for suites he smiled. Told me that if I went to the Purser's Desk they would tell me that it was offered on the ship, but he definitely wanted us to know that the Emerald didn't offer it anymore. Now I felt he would know!

One thing about calling Princess, you can get several answers and none of them may be correct. The Tahitian Princess never had dry cleaning, but when I called Princess before we left they told me it was a service offered. We learned the hard way when they washed a silk shirt of my husbands. Very frustrating. Wasn't until that disaster we found out it had never been on that ship.

I trusted our steward to know. We have certainly found out information here on the CC board before it has been issued in press releases on Princess.

OK.....Just wondering if it is possible that Princess Cruises has done what Holland America has been converting to over the past couple of years. Several of the Holland America ships have gone to a Wet Cleaning System. The system permits processing Dry Clean Only garments by utilizing clean water instead of hazardous solvents (Perchloroethylene).

Hopefully someone from Princess can answer whether they have gone to the same process on their ships. The news release from last year can be found at:

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS153466+22-Feb-2008+MW20080222

OK.....Just wondering if it is possible that Princess Cruises has done what Holland America has been converting to over the past couple of years. Several of the Holland America ships have gone to a Wet Cleaning System. The system permits processing Dry Clean Only garments by utilizing clean water instead of hazardous solvents (Perchloroethylene).

Hopefully someone from Princess can answer whether they have gone to the same process on their ships. The news release from last year can be found at:

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS153466+22-Feb-2008+MW20080222[/quote

HEY!! - That works for me - perhaps we should call and talk to one of their "GREEN" Engineers?

Ron

Interesting. I thought I saw dry cleaning offered on the TA last year.

Ditto....We had dry cleaning on the Pacific Princess for 47 days last year.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

We were on the Pacific Princess for 28 days in 2006 and the Royal Princess in 2007. Neither ship had dry cleaning facilities. They had laundry service, but it did not include dry cleaning. On the Pacific Princess the entertainment staff sent their dry cleaning off the ship when we were in Singapore.

Archived