Cancel at last minute???

Mamabug

We may have to post-pone our cruise at the last minute (travel insurance will not be of any use) and I was wondering if RCI would allow us to do the same cruise another week. I don't care if there is some penalty but we have a very unusual situation that may warrant postponing. So if I beg them would they do it????

We may have to post-pone our cruise at the last minute (travel insurance will not be of any use) and I was wondering if RCI would allow us to do the same cruise another week. I don't care if there is some penalty but we have a very unusual situation that may warrant postponing. So if I beg them would they do it????

I tried this back in 2005 when my wife, after over a year of waiting, had her US citizen interview scheduled for the last day we were at sea. I did not want her to wait another year for a new interview, so called RCI, they would not help me, the only saving grace was that I had the RCI insurance, which paid me 75% that I could use for the rescheduled cruise

We had a cruise booked with Princess and had to change about a month before because of a scheduling conflict with my girlfriend's exams at school. We called them and they couldn't care less. We got nothing back, they kept 100% of our fare.

Yes, you can buy insurance after final payment, however, to do so when you know you have to cancel is tantamount to insurance fraud.

Shows how naive I am, I wouldn't have ever thought of that!!! We won't know if we have to cancel until a few days before hand, but you are right, that would not be fair. Truthfully, I just want to move it to the next week. Do you think they would do that??

Shows how naive I am, I wouldn't have ever thought of that!!! We won't know if we have to cancel until a few days before hand, but you are right, that would not be fair. Truthfully, I just want to move it to the next week. Do you think they would do that??

Why don't you call now and change it to the following week? That way you won't have to worry about making the original date. Not sure if they will let you do this but it can't hurt to ask (hypothetically at first to make sure) Good Luck and let us know how it turns out.

Why don't you call now and change it to the following week? That way you won't have to worry about making the original date. Not sure if they will let you do this but it can't hurt to ask (hypothetically at first to make sure) Good Luck and let us know how it turns out.

I'm guessing the problem is OP is past final payment, that's why they want to know if RCL might consider moving the date.

If you have to cancel, write and explain what happened. They might give you a partial credit toward another cruise is about the best I know folks got.

I was 1 wk from sailing the Enchantment and saw an awesome deal on Liberty. One day earlier. I called and begged and begged... nothing. This was over a wknd. My TA called monday and again, no. I called some RCI office that someone gave me and was honest and they let me switch! I had to pay $75pp for insurance and then the extra $100 per cabin to switch (the higher cruise fare) but they did it!

Can you buy the insurance after final payment?? My guess is no!!

You can buy insurance up to a day before you sail, but the price may be prohibitive or may not offer the kinds of coverage you want or need. There are a number of insurers who can offer you a policy but each varies to some degree regarding their terms and prices. Read any policy carefully before you buy it.:)

You can buy insurance up to a day before you sail, but the price may be prohibitive or may not offer the kinds of coverage you want or need. There are a number of insurers who can offer you a policy but each varies to some degree regarding their terms and prices. Read any policy carefully before you buy it.:)

Bill, How are you going to get home from Miami? you are going to get lost? You better find a ship to get you back home?:rolleyes:

Jimbo:)

Thanks for the advice guys, I will give you an update after tomorrow. I will find out more after a meeting we have. If you are curious, our situation is concerning a foster baby that we have had since he was born. He was supposed to be pre-adoptive but relatives are trying to get custody. We were told he is for sure leaving and now we aren't sure???? So I would gladly be out a couple thou for a cruise to keep the baby but we may still be on the cruise. Crazy what life throws at you. This was supposed to be a getaway for us to kind of heal our heartbreak.

Thanks for the advice guys, I will give you an update after tomorrow. I will find out more after a meeting we have. If you are curious, our situation is concerning a foster baby that we have had since he was born. He was supposed to be pre-adoptive but relatives are trying to get custody. We were told he is for sure leaving and now we aren't sure???? So I would gladly be out a couple thou for a cruise to keep the baby but we may still be on the cruise. Crazy what life throws at you. This was supposed to be a getaway for us to kind of heal our heartbreak.

I'd strongly suggest calling RCCL asap and talk with the resolution department to discuss the situation and see what they can/will do for you if you must change. The sooner you work out something the more likely you will get them to bend the rules for a special circumstance. Good luck on keeping the baby...

No advice, but I wanted to wish you luck with the baby and with getting the cruise date changed. :)

Archived