Upgrade!!

wannuhcruise

I checked Celebrity's Web site today only to find out that our cruise has been significantly discounted, so I called our TA to find out if there were any options since we've already made final payment. We had two: we could get about $240 back (per person) or we could upgrade. The overwhelming majority chose the upgrade because "when will we get this chance again?", so now we're in Sky Suites and each person gets a $50 refund. Woohoo!!

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are both good about honoring price drops before and after final payment. I've received over $1,100 in the last several months. It's one of the reasons I like to sail with them: I can pick my cabin early and pay my deposit, and if I find a lower rate, they give it to me! :D

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are both good about honoring price drops before and after final payment. I've received over $1,100 in the last several months. It's one of the reasons I like to sail with them: I can pick my cabin early and pay my deposit, and if I find a lower rate, they give it to me! :D

It's strange... there are a few people on the Celebrity board that have been really unhappy with price drops and not having them honored. That is why I ask. I think that is a great practice.

Our TA warned me that there are some sales they won't honor for already booked cruises, but since this was on the Web site, they did. When she first pulled it up, her first reaction to the price drop was "HOLY CRAP!" Apparently, even the Royal Suite price had dropped enough that we wouldn't have had to pay extra, but there's a wait list for it, so we grabbed two Sky Suites next to each other. She put the change through right away and our reservation information on "My Celebrity" was updated within about two hours. I'm already envisioning dinner out on the veranda at least one night!

It's strange... there are a few people on the Celebrity board that have been really unhappy with price drops and not having them honored. That is why I ask. I think that is a great practice.

It's possible they were looking at the special deals that come out on Tuesdays...even the TA thought that's what I was talking about. This just showed up today (I've been looking every day just in case.) and I had to go through the reservation process to see the price. It wasn't on a PDF. Given her reaction, even she didn't know about the price drop, and she's one one busy TA.

Guess it's just us who went with the cruise air that get no chance at a rebate, refund obc whatever !! Isn't that an incentive to use their air service??

General price drops are honored. Special sales (one-day sales, Tuesday sales, etc.) are not honored.

Best Regards,

Floris

Our TA warned me that there are some sales they won't honor for already booked cruises, but since this was on the Web site, they did. When she first pulled it up, her first reaction to the price drop was "HOLY CRAP!" Apparently, even the Royal Suite price had dropped enough that we wouldn't have had to pay extra, but there's a wait list for it, so we grabbed two Sky Suites next to each other. She put the change through right away and our reservation information on "My Celebrity" was updated within about two hours. I'm already envisioning dinner out on the veranda at least one night!

Congrats to you! Enjoy your suite!!!

Just an aside - if you have a good travel agent, don't forget that they work on commission. Yesterday we were fortunate to be able to take advantage of a price drop in one of our group of cabins on the Solstice 2/22 sailing after final payment (senior rate now offered in that cabin class), but our TA is required to return the commission on that amount to =X=. She doesn't know it yet, but we will be giving that back to her along with a small thank-you gift...

Just an aside - if you have a good travel agent, don't forget that they work on commission. Yesterday we were fortunate to be able to take advantage of a price drop in one of our group of cabins on the Solstice 2/22 sailing after final payment (senior rate now offered in that cabin class), but our TA is required to return the commission on that amount to =X=. She doesn't know it yet, but we will be giving that back to her along with a small thank-you gift...

Hi Dawn....which cabin class has the the senior rebate on 2/22? I checked the Tuesday 'new' booking site and only C1/C2 has anything offered, so didn't think any other class had a problem with bookings?

I thought about that. How do I find out how much commission she's losing out on? I'm guessing it's not a whole lot since we're only getting $50 back per person instead of $240 which we would have gotten if we hadn't upgraded to the suite. Either way, I still plan on doing something for her... Suggestions for a thank you gift?

General price drops are honored. Special sales (one-day sales, Tuesday sales, etc.) are not honored.

Best Regards,

Floris

I'm not too sure if the price drops I've received on our Constellation cruise this March are from general or Tuesday sales. RCCL usually posts the reduced price on their web site for that cruise while the sale is on. I'm assuming Celebrity does, too.

Anyway, I found mine by checking my prices daily. I have received two on this Connie cruise: both in December. AND, they also honored a $50 Captain's Club coupon.

My funds transferred from another booking were overpaying it by the second price drop, and they refunded the rest on my credit card.

I have discussed the reduction in commission for my TA with these price drops many times. She has told me that any savings I can get is fine with her, because she figures that's just more money for future cruises!!! So, losing a $20 commission now, gets her a bigger one later on when I have an extra $200 to spend on another cruise!

Hi Dawn....which cabin class has the the senior rebate on 2/22? I checked the Tuesday 'new' booking site and only C1/C2 has anything offered, so didn't think any other class had a problem with bookings?

Hi, Carole!

Concierge Class 1, 2, several categories of Veranda Class cabins AND OV cabins had Senior rates listed on the web site yesterday. This isn't connected to the 'Tuesday Specials' or whatever they are. There wasn't any resident requirement (i.e., specific state residence) either.

Dawn

Archived