Coral Princess????

texkan

Please tell me all about sailing Coral Princess. I am booked in a mini-suite for Alaska in Aug.

I have only sailed with Celebrity.

Does Princess have robes in the cabins for passengers to use?

Tell me about anytime dining.

Does it cost to use any of the pools?

Please tell me all about sailing Coral Princess. I am booked in a mini-suite for Alaska in Aug.

I have only sailed with Celebrity.

Does Princess have robes in the cabins for passengers to use?

Tell me about anytime dining.

Does it cost to use any of the pools?

Do a quick search for Coral Princess and you'll get a wealth of threads about this fabulous ship... one of the best in Princess' fleet IMHO.

You can request robes in the Cruise Personalizer and they'll be in your stateroom. If not, just ask your cabin steward.

Anytime dining is just that. Go when you want. Depending on what time and if you want a table for two, you may have to wait a bit. They'll give you a pager. Generally, if you don't mind sitting with others, you'll get seated sooner. You can also make reservations if you want.

No cost to use any pool. You'll probably find the indoor pool most comfortable in Alaska.

Enjoy your cruise!

There are many fans of the Coral Princess on these boards and I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise.

There is no cost for any of the pools and you can request robes, either on the cruise personalizer or upon arrival.

Enjoy the Coral... she is still my favorite ship albeit the Royal might be running a close second at the moment! I'm booked on the Coral for the 4th time this coming December.

Happy sailing,

VB1

My father and I were on the Coral Princess in November/December for the Acapulco to Fort Lauderdale transit of the Panama Canal. It was our first time on her and we were very impressed with the ship. We requested the bathrobes, but found them to be a bit skimpy (i.e., not the most generous to wrap around plus size bodies). Loved our balcony room (had a great steward), and our favorite bar was the Wheelhouse. If I can answer any further questions, just let me know.

We will be cruising on Coral Feb.3. A Panama Canal cruise, which is something my DH has always wanted to do. I will try and get back to the boards after we do this cruise and let you know all about it. I know it will be a wonderful cruise, Princess seems to have great ships. We did the Alaskan Cruise on the Saphire Princess 3 years ago and it was a great ship. I would do that cruise every year if I had someone that would go with me.

We disembarked the Coral last Tuesday in Fort Lauderdale after a 14-day Panama Canal cruise for Xmas and New Year. Great ship - the Universe Lounge at the back of the ship is the best lounge in any Princess ship we have sailed on.

We had a Balcony Cabin side/rear facing on the forward starboard 'bump' (A309)- awesome position to be in - less wind and great views going through the Canal. We did traditional 2nd seating dining.

When we got to Punta Arenas in Costa Rica the Island Princess was directly opposite us on the pier and there were no other ships in - made for some great photos of the two identical twin sister ships.

Shame that there's no Skywalkers, the disco in Explorers is just not the same.

The Sabatini breakfast perk for Suite passengers started this week, but I'm not sure you get it in Mini-suite's as well.

Any questions just ask.

Cheers

Edited by aclay

We have D722 (port) booked. Does Princess have a coin laundry?

Yes the washers, driers and soap powder machines all need quarters so bring a stock. Prices have been $1 for each but recently Princess have started installing 6 coin slots so I expect the prices will be increasing. Irons however are free to use.

We loved the Coral. The great thing about Princess cruise ships is the amount of storage available in cabin, although I couldn't compare it to Celebrity having never sailed Celebrity.

There is laundromat and they do have change machines in them but they sometimes run out of quarters, so I recommend you bring your own. They also sale detergent etc, but I usually visit a local laundromat and buy the little boxes there and bring them along.

Princess also has the Scholarship at Sea program. They offer things that go beyond the typical cooking demo or wine tasting. Things like photoshop classes. Note there extra charges for some of the classes. Can't remember if the Coral has the ceramic thing though.

Also another nice feature is the Horizon court (buffet) has a bar in it. I like a glass of wine with my meals, on other cruise ships, it could be a pain to flag down a server or walk out to the pool bar to get a drink

We disembarked the Coral last Tuesday in Fort Lauderdale after a 14-day Panama Canal cruise for Xmas and New Year. Great ship - the Universe Lounge at the back of the ship is the best lounge in any Princess ship we have sailed on.

We had a Balcony Cabin side/rear facing on the forward starboard 'bump' (A309)- awesome position to be in - less wind and great views going through the Canal. We did traditional 2nd seating dining.

When we got to Punta Arenas in Costa Rica the Island Princess was directly opposite us on the pier and there were no other ships in - made for some great photos of the two identical twin sister ships.

Shame that there's no Skywalkers, the disco in Explorers is just not the same.

The Sabatini breakfast perk for Suite passengers started this week, but I'm not sure you get it in Mini-suite's as well.

Any questions just ask.

Cheers

We will be on the Coral Feb.3 for the 10 day Panama Canal Cruise. What is the Sabatina breakfast perk for Suite passangers. I have not heard of it and we will be in #D704 which is a VS suite. Geez are we going to get something I do not know about?

My father and I were on the Coral Princess in November/December for the Acapulco to Fort Lauderdale transit of the Panama Canal. It was our first time on her and we were very impressed with the ship. We requested the bathrobes, but found them to be a bit skimpy (i.e., not the most generous to wrap around plus size bodies). Loved our balcony room (had a great steward), and our favorite bar was the Wheelhouse. If I can answer any further questions, just let me know.

I also found the robes to be "skimpy", but they have larger ones up in the Lotus Spa changing room. Just ask any of the Lotus Spa workers and they'll get you a larger robe. They are also in the lockers, which you can open with a key they will give you at the desk. I took the robe back to my cabin and used it during the cruise. BTW, the Thermal Suite was so nice. I used it nearly everyday, along with the hot tub, after I did my daily treadmill walk. What a great way to start the day. :)

We will be on the Coral Feb.3 for the 10 day Panama Canal Cruise. What is the Sabatina breakfast perk for Suite passangers. I have not heard of it and we will be in #D704 which is a VS suite. Geez are we going to get something I do not know about?

They launched it on the Coral Princess last Tuesday, so enjoy:cool:

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na989

Sabatini's Breakfast for Suite Passengers -- Also launched on Ruby Princess, a new program for suite passengers will be expanded across the fleet, offering them the opportunity to enjoy an exclusive breakfast in Sabatini's. Beginning with a "Good Morning Mimosa," the menu features a variety of breakfast favorites, plus specialty items such as brioche French toast with apple & cinnamon compote, yogurt and super granola parfait with raspberry swirl, soft-poached egg over potato & vegetables with hollandaise sauce, and freshly made Belgian waffles. Suite passengers can enjoy this new amenity, along with the restaurant's dramatic top-of-ship views, from approximately 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. daily.

We love the Coral, just got off her last week. There were many times that we would walk to dinner on the 7th floor and not see a person. Its so spacious that it makes everybody happier and more civilized. The space is such a luxury.

I contrast this with the plane I flew home in, made with such tiny seats and no place to change babies (although they allow them on board), and a toilet in the middle of the plane replacing a seat so that now you can't even go to the back of the plane to stretch your legs! Not so civilized!

Thanks George, I just saved another whopping $825 today on my transatlantic Ruby Cruise (bringing it under that magic $100 dollar a day number) that I can seriously look at flying business class.

Amelia

• 4 years later...

On our first Alaska cruise on the Coral, we bought the book they have that tells the history and background of the places you cruise past - organized to match your cruise. (Can't remember the name of it.) Absolutely wonderful and highly recommended.

We liked the Coral to Alaska so well we did it again 3 years later!!

Add me to the list of people who loved the Coral. I found her staff very personable and the ship was just the right size (very intimate in terms of today's mega ships). It did not have an International Cafe, but the Coffee Station in the Piazza more than made up for this (with warm cookies delivered at 4 each day). I went from 1900 passengers in February to 2600 on the Golden in May. What a shock to my system. I am scheduled to be on the Golden to Hawaii in a month. Glad I have a running start on getting to know her.

This guy's website is very good for locating cabins. I used it a lot when I was researching my Panama Canal cruise.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Renee

Can I jump on this thread to ask a question about the Coral/Island? When we said on the Sapphire one of our favorite things to do in the morning after breakfast was to sit in the Piazza with coffee and maybe a Bloody Mary and read and chat with other cruisers. Can you get a Bloody Mary in the morning on the Coral/Island?

Can you tell me whether A309 on Coral Princess has a full or only partial roof over its balcony ? Thanks Much!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Check this site out; I've linked it so it should open to the page showing Aloha deck, and the plan will indicate which balconies are covered and which uncovered. Plus that site has some great photos and you may be able to see your balcony in one of the pics.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/id1.html

Can I jump on this thread to ask a question about the Coral/Island? When we said on the Sapphire one of our favorite things to do in the morning after breakfast was to sit in the Piazza with coffee and maybe a Bloody Mary and read and chat with other cruisers. Can you get a Bloody Mary in the morning on the Coral/Island?

I can't see why not. While there's no IC, the La Patisserie in the same spot on Deck 5 has a full bar, and there's a good-sized seating area, too.

Edited by rdsqrl

I believe that the Coral (and sister ship Island) are the best Princess has to offer.

Really great ship.

I thought it was not too big and not too small and just right (like Goldilocks.) The buffet is at the front of the ship with the most amazing views. Crooners was packed every night because they had this great pianist there (name?) The MDR staff was outstanding. You will love it. (We were on Caribe, but I think I did see covered balconies up above on Aloha.)