Johnny Rockets Now $4.95???

I was browsing around the RC website (bored while this website was down :D) and I noticed it now says Johnny Rockets is $4.95 rather than $3.95. I know you guys don's miss much, it's probably already been mentioned here and I missed it. But does anyone know if this went into effect on the 1st when the late night room service charge was implemented? Like the room service charge, it's not a big deal to me and it wont change our plans to eat there, but I just thought I'd ask....Nothing can change my mood right now, I'm leaving cold Chicago for Miami in 3 days!!!

It actually starts on some sailings next week but I think maybe RCCL has learnt it is good idea to get the info out before a change happens :D

What do you mean by "get the info out before a change happens" ??? Hiding it on a back page on the website until someone sees it and reports it here on CC? Maybe put it in newsletter a few months before it becomes effective? List all these price changes in one spot so that everyone was aware of what current costs are when they are thinking of cruising? No, too easy!

What do you mean by "get the info out before a change happens" ??? Hiding it on a back page on the website until someone sees it and reports it here on CC? Maybe put it in newsletter a few months before it becomes effective? List all these price changes in one spot so that everyone was aware of what current costs are when they are thinking of cruising? No, too easy!

Does your local grocery store advertises every price increase?

Does your local movie theater advertises every price increase of popcorn?

Well, someone could have posted the info here but decided not to because of how CCers react towards messengers (and no, I did not have that info in case anybody wants to spread lies again).

Get used to the fact that those changes come by surprise with short notice.

their cutbacks and extra charges seem to be a daily occurance. So who are they going to blame for this one. They have already used the "teens". They just picked on the late night crowd, I'm sure they have got to have some lame reason that everyone will embrace.

The $14.95 steak in the main dining room

Then we have no more combining of benefits

No more photo coupon in the C&A book

The $3.95 Room service charge between 12 AM-5AM

Now JR is $4.95

I am all for RCL trying to make a buck their in business to. I think RCL should raise their prices and do away with some of this petty nickle and diming. I really had to laugh when I saw JR going up a buck.

Anyone care to venture what's next?

We were on the 1/3 Liberty sailing, and the charge for JR was still $3.95 and the coupon book still included that. We did notice that the service in JR was not up to our other experiences. One night our waitress neglected to bring us all of the items we had ordered but still charged us for them, and then she just disappeared and we had to flag down another server to edit our ticket. It seemed like they were short handed or something, and although we went twice during our cruise, we never saw them dance:(. The food was still good though.

I am all for RCL trying to make a buck their in business to. I think RCL should raise their prices and do away with some of this petty nickle and diming. I really had to laugh when I saw JR going up a buck.

Here's where I disagree with you. That was the old style of cruising, think Cunard in the early 19th century. The all-inclusive vacation for millionaires was where lots of people get the thought that cruising is for "the newlyweds and nearly deads. ;) RCL is a mass market cruise-line, they don't pretend that they aren't and therefore will try and cater best to their target market. By keeping base fares relatively the same, and if you look over the past few years, you'll notice that even with inflation and everything, the base prices are still close, the majority of people who want to take a cruise can afford it. Now, that means that those can afford to pay the big bucks will make up for those paying less money by booking big suites, making big purchases, dining at specialty restaurants, etc. It's these upcharges that give us all the ability to be able to get onboard at a relative fair rate. If it ever gets to the point where everything seems to be an unfair upcharge, I will either discontinue sailing with RCL or just with cruising in general.

Here's where I disagree with you. That was the old style of cruising, think Cunard in the early 19th century. The all-inclusive vacation for millionaires was where lots of people get the thought that cruising is for "the newlyweds and nearly deads. ;) RCL is a mass market cruise-line, they don't pretend that they aren't and therefore will try and cater best to their target market. By keeping base fares relatively the same, and if you look over the past few years, you'll notice that even with inflation and everything, the base prices are still close, the majority of people who want to take a cruise can afford it. Now, that means that those can afford to pay the big bucks will make up for those paying less money by booking big suites, making big purchases, dining at specialty restaurants, etc. It's these upcharges that give us all the ability to be able to get onboard at a relative fair rate. If it ever gets to the point where everything seems to be an unfair upcharge, I will either discontinue sailing with RCL or just with cruising in general.

Well stated and agree with you 100% when I was talking about raising the rates I meant to cover some of these upcharges I was talking around $5 to $6 pp not hundreds. I fully understand and agree with what you wrote.

It's not just Royal raising the price of different things. All the cruise lines are doing it. Let's face it, the cruise lines (as well as all the travel industry) are hurting right now and looking for ways to generate more revenue. As others have said if you disagree with the price increases, don't pay them. If enough people don't pay the new price it will drop. I remember the uproar a few years ago when they first started charging for JR's. People screamed and yelled but eventually accepted the surcharge.

It's not just Royal raising the price of different things. All the cruise lines are doing it. Let's face it, the cruise lines (as well as all the travel industry) are hurting right now and looking for ways to generate more revenue. As others have said if you disagree with the price increases, don't pay them. If enough people don't pay the new price it will drop. I remember the uproar a few years ago when they first started charging for JR's. People screamed and yelled but eventually accepted the surcharge.

Right on!!!

So everyone here who works for a living...did your company raise prices to their customers in the recent months? I bet most did. I had one of my consulting clients raise their prices significantly this year for various reasons...

In your input prices go up and you want to continue to make profit, you must raise your prices. Hay, feed, fertlizer, etc...all cost a lot more now than a few years ago, hence the farm product prices are up for those end users in the grocery store, or the RCCL buyer getting provisions to feed everyone on the ship.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that coupon disappear very soon. :)

Oh yes, just like the buy one get one free photo coupon disappeared from the Diamond booklet in very short order. Funny thing, with the loss of the coupon on my cruises in November and December I ended up buying fewer photos from the photo shop. Not even intentionally, I just really noticed it. Guess that is why a good coupon tends to work and rescinding the darn thing fails. Just can't figure out what exactly is going on at corporate for RCL, these decisions don't make economic sense. Stop giving your best customers incentives to purchase items on ship in an economic downturn. Yeah, Yeah, that's the ticket! NOT!!!

Oh and in case anyone thinks RCL didn't lose money here, when I don't buy a photo that I usually buy for $20 it goes in the garbage. $20 loss. When I get the "free" photo (I normally wouldn't buy anyway) from the coupon, it costs RCL nothing, unless of course they had to pay someone to dig it out of the garbage, LOL!

Oh yes, just like the buy one get one free photo coupon disappeared from the Diamond booklet in very short order. Funny thing, with the loss of the coupon on my cruises in November and December I ended up buying fewer photos from the photo shop. Not even intentionally, I just really noticed it. Guess that is why a good coupon tends to work and rescinding the darn thing fails. Just can't figure out what exactly is going on at corporate for RCL, these decisions don't make economic sense. Stop giving your best customers incentives to purchase items on ship in an economic downturn. Yeah, Yeah, that's the ticket! NOT!!!

Who knows, they could be tearing the JR coupons out of the books in the back room as we speak. This really is getting ridiculous when you stop and think about it.

LMAO... That is good!

On our last two cruises, there literally was a line out the door of the place on the sea days in the afternoon. We also noticed most everyone was paying with their coupon, including us. Take away the coupon and I bet the place would be practically empty.

On our last two cruises, there literally was a line out the door of the place on the sea days in the afternoon. We also noticed most everyone was paying with their coupon, including us. Take away the coupon and I bet the place would be practically empty.

Oh Yes, JR's is so out of the way (except for the kids club) it could easily be forgotten by adults with Diamond status. Oh, and least we forget, when those (lowly-it seems nowadays) Diamond folks show up with their coupons, don't forget that when they leave JR's they leave paying a bill much larger than the coupon. Shakes, drinks, alcohol, nice tips, etc. The coupons don't make it free or a give-away, it just gets you in the door!!!! Hello, Business Course/Marketing 101!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived