Johnny Rockets Now $4.95???

I don't recall reading one negative post directed toward the person that started this thread.

I know, nobody was slinging any mud at the OP of this thread.:)

My point was if you read the post again I was responding too.

I was just making an observation that it is not a good idea to post new information on price changes because the OP in most cases just gets hammered over it.:(

Some have NO choice. RCCL is a place of worship or they have committed to be loyal, forsaking all others. McDonald's took their double cheese burger off the dollar menu, so we went to Wendy's. It's wasn't the same but not bad:p McDonald did not inform me, their most loyal customer, of the change. I was digging for pennies at the last minutes, with two whining cruisers...ooops kids in the car. I forgave them and will return for their nuggets but Wendy's here I come.

Reality check: If you leave and you are of any great importance to their bottom line, they will make the move to get your business back. So far nothing from McDonald's:D

In Michigan, they still have a form of the double cheeseburger on the dollar menue. It is a double hamburger and one slice of cheese, not two. It is called the McDouble. And, it is still $1.00.

If I refused to patronize and got my britches in a twist over every place that I have eaten lately where the prices have gone up (without any prior announcement, I might add....), I would never go out to eat anymore! I'd spend my time at home in my kitchen, cooking for myself........in twisted britches! :eek:

please, make the image go away:D:D:D

I know, nobody was slinging any mud at the OP of this thread.:)

My point was if you read the post again I was responding too.

I was just making an observation that it is not a good idea to post new information on price changes because the OP in most cases just gets hammered over it.:(

Whenever an OP simply posts factual information about a price change -there will indeed be passionate replies. Many are quite upset with all the changes (that do seem to be coming one right on top of the other) that have occurred recently. They may question the accuracy of the info but that is not hammering someone - that is questioning fact. The passions have been directed at RCI, not the OP.

Now when an OP decides to interject editorial comment - along with presenting the information - then posters certainly feel that the door has been opened for them to interject editorial comments of their own.

One can't call CC members all sorts of names (cheap, abusing, etc.) and then call foul when those CC members respond in kind. Just a thought. :)

But back to the topic at hand. I could say I don't care. Don't use JR. But I do think that everyone has their breaking point.

As for me, I just wish if RCI were going to decide to become an a la carte cruise line that they would just quit doing it here and there. GO FOR IT I SAY. Give me a truly lower cruise fare - and let me really have to choice to pay for what I want. Let me see, we can skip the childcare/children's fees, we can skip the rock climbing wall fee, we can skip the putt-putt fee, we can skip a number of the show fees, we can definately skip the art auction fee, we can skip the.......

Will the Free JR coupons become $1 JR coupons? I'm not a big fan of burgers so I think I only used the coupons a couple of times. Once I only wanted a milkshake. I was told that even if I didn't eat anything, I would still be charged the $3.95 fee plus $4.95 for the milkshake. I think I used the coupon for that and once because Mom wanted to go. I haven't really sailed on many ships with a JR but I haven't felt like I was missing out.

Have they raised the prices for Chops and Portofino yet? I'll guess that one will be next - $30 pp.

Whenever an OP simply posts factual information about a price change -there will indeed be passionate replies. Many are quite upset with all the changes (that do seem to be coming one right on top of the other) that have occurred recently. They may question the accuracy of the info but that is not hammering someone - that is questioning fact. The passions have been directed at RCI, not the OP.

When there is posters that come right out and insinuate the OP is lieing and tell others not to believe the OP, because they have the right info, even though the OP is correct, what category does this fall under ?

Hammering, or questioning ?:confused::D

When there is posters that come right out and insinuate the OP is lieing and tell others not to believe the OP, because they have the right info, even though the OP is correct, what category does this fall under ?

Hammering, or questioning ?:confused::D

And this happened where???

BTW, to question the accuracy of someone's information is NOT insinuating someone is lying. It is only questioning whether the information is correct or not. People can give (and have given) inaccurate information here before. It doesn't mean they were lying. It just means that they got inaccurate information from someone else and then passed that inaccurate information on. That is why info is questioned. Again, not a case of hammering in my opinion....

Does your local grocery store advertises every price increase?

Does your local movie theater advertises every price increase of popcorn?

Well, someone could have posted the info here but decided not to because of how CCers react towards messengers (and no, I did not have that info in case anybody wants to spread lies again).

Get used to the fact that those changes come by surprise with short notice.

Oliver, you have committed another logic foul. Careful you don't want to foul out. :D

jc<---- thinks that is just what this forum needed was a new JR thread.:rolleyes:

And this happened where???

BTW, to question the accuracy of someone's information is NOT insinuating someone is lying. It is only questioning whether the information is correct or not. People can give (and have given) inaccurate information here before. It doesn't mean they were lying. It just means that they got inaccurate information from someone else and then passed that inaccurate information on. That is why info is questioned. Again, not a case of hammering in my opinion....

There was just a thread last week that was on the boards for a couple of days until it got yanked for this very same reason. I will not bring up that thread subject again, as it will get all the whiners out in force again.:eek:

I have posted factual info also and got all kinds of garbage for it and the thread ends up getting pulled.:(

Read the boards more often...you would be surprised to see all that goes on here.:)

There was just a thread last week that was on the boards for a couple of days until it got yanked for this very same reason. I will not bring up that thread subject again, as it will get all the whiners out in force again.

I have posted factual info also and got all kinds of garbage for it and the thread ends up getting pulled.

Read the boards more often...you would be surprised to see all that goes on here.

OK, I rest my case. Let see what was the word you used - oh yes - whiners.

I would venture a guess that it was the use of this sort of term that got you the "garbage" rather than your factual information.

As to me needing to read the boards more often, I just have to say :D:D:D:D:D:D.......

I think the most refreshing aspect of this thread is that no one IS coming up with a bunch of lame reasons for charges and charge increases any longer. Finally everyone is on the same page about this being a way to increase the bottom line.

When they started charging for J.R's my biggest gripe was with folks fabricating all kinds of reasons for it and completely dismissing the obvious. At least people seem to have given up on trying to white-wash what is going on with the charges. It is about business. And the truth is often accepted, and easier to take, than a lot of hog-wash.

If something is free to you the consumer, do you consume more or less?

IE why can't it be for both reasons, and why is it wrong if it is only for profit?

Why do you fall into this so easily?

jc

OK Who was it that made me laugh out loud when they said:

'Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant' :D

Not directing this at anyone but what some post as fact is sometimes opinion. That's what gets everyone in a tizzy. I've seen it on many threads. What started out as fact-quickly in days was proven to be myth. I remember the tipping thread and I was bored to death and took a 6 page thread-quoted everyone who spoke to someone at RC or employee and posted what turned out to be opinion because 20 people posted something different! :eek: That's probaly why the poor OP could get slammed a bit.

OP-let me help you out a bit here:

Costs

A fee of $4.95 USD applies per dining guest. Soda, bottled water and milk shakes are offered at current menu prices.

s.gif

Taken from RC bb!!!

Please explain what you mean by that comment.:rolleyes:

You must not have ever posted any info here that was true and have others basically saying that you are full of it.;)

You must be one of those from this group.:D

hee, hee, hee. You guys are funny but let me respond. Not sure what group I'm in but I sure haven't joined anything other then cc here. I wasn't aware of other sub-cultures.

As you have noticed, the OP here wasn't dumped on. Maybe it was the way it was presented....hmmmmmm.

Now maybe since more then one of us took it that you could have been referencing the OP of this thread, maybe it was the way you presented.....hmmmmmm.

That is not to say I could not have misunderstood your intent. But I also left by Miss Cleo glass at home.

I believe if you read Bob's post again you will see he did not say the OP of this thread ...it was an "OP" as in any OP who posts heads up about changes.

Would you care to explain your "great exaggeration" comment? :confused:

Well, I read it, read it again, read it again. Yes, you could make that reach that they were referring to the OP from other threads. But he didn't say that and it was not posted as "as in any OP".

Sure, I would care to explain "great exaggeration". You mean you didn't get it. Must be my presentation. I'll work on it.

As you have noticed, the OP here wasn't dumped on. Maybe it was the way it was presented....hmmmmmm.

So are you saying that because the OP had seen the info on the RCCL website then they wont be dumped on, whereas those who think they are doing the right thing by giving CC members a heads up on up coming changes must be telling lies because of their presentation ? :confused:

If something is free to you the consumer, do you consume more or less?

IE why can't it be for both reasons, and why is it wrong if it is only for profit?

Why do you fall into this so easily?

jc

First of all J.C., isn't it exciting to have J.R's back in the spotlight!;):D

As to your first question, my issue would be ME having to pay a charge to control what someone elses kids are doing. Remember, the supposed reason that the charge was to keep kids from hanging out in there and wasting food? Also, this is not a thread about whether or not there should be a charge for visiting J.R.'s. No one is disputing there being a charge. Maybe $3.95 was not enough to keep teens out? Maybe $4.95 will be? I don't think anyone here has even disputed the amount of the charge.

As to your second question, it is not wrong if it is only for profit. Just admit to that being the reason. It is pretty hard to argue with. Like I said, the truth is often times quite well accepted. I'd much rather be paying to increase RCI's bottom line than to control someone else's poorly behaved kid. And no one seems to be disputing the obvious reason for the charge this time. I think that is great.

And to your last question, you know that I'm a sucker for J.R. threads!!:D:D

So are you saying that because the OP had seen the info on the RCCL website then they wont be dumped on, whereas those who think they are doing the right thing by giving CC members a heads up on up coming changes must be telling lies because of their presentation ? :confused:

Well I responded but have no idea what where it went. But don't you think you are stretching what I said into this question that others are lying an exaggeration?

Yes, OB, I don't like paying for other people's bad behavior or the need to control it. Yet, I do with taxes everyday. They pay for police, schools, and other things I don't need due to my own behavior. I do with my insurance bills, I pay for people who don't have insurance, and I pay more for medicine because some people don't.

Again, the first question was if something is free do you consume more of it (that is if you consume it at all)?

Again, the arguement back in the day, was in addition to increasing revenue to offset the cost of providing JRs (which is not free to RCI it most definitely has a cost associated with it) it was noted by many (not me because I haven't found a reason yet while on a cruise when there are other healthier and tasty offerings I would want to go eat a greasy JRs burger and fries) that on many sailings that people were not able to easily access JRs because the teenagers turned it into a hangout and they would order the free food and then just stay. So, just because there might be more than one reason for a fee at JRs, doesn't mean that any reason other than to increase profit is bogus or lame.

Economics and behavior are unfortunately forever linked and you can't separate them no matter how convenient to your point of view it would be if you could.:p

jc

Once I only wanted a milkshake. I was told that even if I didn't eat anything, I would still be charged the $3.95 fee plus $4.95 for the milkshake.

We had the opposite experience. If we didn't order a meal (ie: only a milkshake) we didn't have to pay the fee. In fact, we had milkshakes seveal nights on our cruise at JR's and only paid for the milkshakes and not the sitting fee. We were told that if we wanted fries or onion rings, they would have to charge us then though.

Yes, OB, I don't like paying for other people's bad behavior or the need to control it. Yet, I do with taxes everyday. They pay for police, schools, and other things I don't need due to my own behavior. I do with my insurance bills, I pay for people who don't have insurance, and I pay more for medicine because some people don't.

Again, the first question was if something is free do you consume more of it (that is if you consume it at all)?

Again, the arguement back in the day, was in addition to increasing revenue to offset the cost of providing JRs (which is not free to RCI it most definitely has a cost associated with it) it was noted by many (not me because I haven't found a reason yet while on a cruise when there are other healthier and tasty offerings I would want to go eat a greasy JRs burger and fries) that on many sailings that people were not able to easily access JRs because the teenagers turned it into a hangout and they would order the free food and then just stay. So, just because there might be more than one reason for a fee at JRs, doesn't mean that any reason other than to increase profit is bogus or lame.

Economics and behavior are unfortunately forever linked and you can't separate them no matter how convenient to your point of view it would be if you could.:p

jc

I could be wrong but I would venture to say that all the food on board costs RCI....... :p

Otherwise, I kinda agree with OB in one sense. It was getting a bit old constantly hearing other excuses from those-that-always-seem-to-back-RCI-regardless-of-what-they-may-do (whew! trying so very hard not to use the word cheerleader as it is those tags/insulting names thrown back and forth that tend to escalate the heat on these threads). So TTASTBRROWTMD-ers if you will. :D

Anyway, these TTASTBRROWTMD-ers do always seem to try and justify every RCI measure as some "fault" of the cruiser - rather than just admit that RCI is just trying to raise their profits. Instead, cruisers against the changes are "abusing" and "cheap" and "wasteful", etc., etc.

This thread has ended all that..... :rolleyes:

Archived