S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Ship - Eclipse

Deck - Panorama (9)

Cabin # - 9296

Class – Concierge (C2)

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –Connecting. Very Quiet!

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view on hump angle aft

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Large Hump Balcony! Loved having the extra space!

Was wind a problem? Not at all

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? No, great cabin.

Any other comments? I would book this exact cabin again with no reservations. Location was great. Felt very centrally located, just a few flights up or down to everything. Great if you want to use the stairs.

Ship - Eclipse

Deck - Panorama (9)

Cabin # - 9298

Class – Concierge (C2)

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –Connecting. Very Quiet!

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view on hump angle aft

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Though smaller than 9296 this balcony was still oversized. It had a very roomy feel and it was great to have the extra space!

Any other comments? Smallest of the four angled hump balconies in this row but still oversized. I would book this exact cabin again with no reservations though as my husband spends time on the balcony, bigger is always better for us. Location was great. Felt very centrally located, just a few flights up or down to everything. Great if you want to use the stairs.

Edited by LINGBER

SOLSTICE

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1521

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - PORT

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – BALCONY

Quiet Cabin......VERY

Balcony View - Fun View of the bridge...sometimes they would

wave...good view forward and aft

Balcony Size? Normal. Plenty of room for me.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No, very good and Ronnie

and Jason were excellent cabin attendants.

Any other comments~ The hallway is very quiet...no noise at all.

And no noise from above or below. Loved the big showerhead too.

Ship - Eclipse

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1609

Class – Royal Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – N/A

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –Unfortunately you get a lot of noise from the deck above including chairs being dragged around from 0600 each day. Guest Relations were unable to offer much respite though they did try

Balcony View - On hump so good views

Balcony Size? Large but narrow, not as good as on M class ships

Any specific problems with this cabin? The first day we had a lot of probles with cigarette butts being thrown from above by stupid passengers. Problem recurred on sea days, ships staff were quick to try and track down culprits but it was worrying

Any other comments? Nice room though not sure why so much space at the back of the lounge for a sink and all the units which were actually empty except for 1

SOLSTICE

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1533

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - PORT

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – BALCONY

Quiet Cabin......Quiet

Balcony View - Good view of sea; No obstructions

Balcony Size? Plenty of room for two.

Was wind a problem? No.

Any specific problems with this cabin? None at all.

Any other comments. No noise from deck 12 at all.

Deck - Six

Cabin # - 6208

Class – 2D

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – near balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – A little noise from deck below until about 11 PM, but it didn't bother me as I always bring earplugs.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – We had our very own lifeboat. :-) We could not look straight down from the balcony to the ocean, but on this ship I doubt many people can. There was a larger tender sized lifeboat at about knee level. Had no problem looking straight out to the horizon, however.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - I think it was a little larger than normal because it was on the hump. 6210 may have been even larger.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? Nope.

Any other comments? It was beautifully situated near the aft elevators. Wireless reception excellent, perhaps because it is near the iLounge. This stateroom was cheaper because of the partially obstructed view, but I would argue that it is no more obstructed than many other balcony rooms, and would book it again in a heartbeat.

Solstice

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1569

Class – AQ

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Could hear poolside chairs being moved about, especially while on balcony. Not too dreadful.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Support pole to left of balcony, but almost no obstruction.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No wind.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Midship, so no problem.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Loved being midship - made us walk to fore and midship elevators.

Any other comments? Would book same cabin in a heartbeat. No problem with closet access. Nice to wake up and open drapes without having to drag myself out of bed.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1555

Class – Aqua

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Mostly quite. The last 2 nights our neighbors decided to party on their balcony instead of in a bar.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Slight obstruction from a support beam. It was on the right hand side and wasn't much of an issue. Being right under the top deck was good/bad thing. It was nice because you were always in the shade. The bad thing was you could not see the sky at night, so no stars. And also if you travel with a handheld GPS, you could not get a fix on the satellites.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for the class.

Was wind a problem? Not all.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Not this specific cabin just in general, but the information display on the phone is much to bright. I had to cover it every evening. The room is somewhat smaller than same class cabin on Princess.

Any other comments?The shower is great for a cruise ship. Never saw the "pillow menu". Closet space is ridiculously small. Rarely if ever saw our room attendant. Everything was always taken care of, we just rarely saw him. Didn't receive our Cruise Critics gathering invitation. :-(

Edited by mpace58

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1555

Class – Aqua

So, does this mean in AQ, Deck 11 Port:

1555 - Bed near Bath

1553 - Bed near Balcony

1551 - Bed near Bath

1549 - Bed near Balcony

1547 - Bed near Bath, etc?

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1555

Class – Aqua Class

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bed near the bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet cabin, but did hear chairs moving and water spraying on the deck above (pool deck) when sitting on the balcony. Not a connecting cabin. Could hear noisy neighbors on balconies nearby with sliding glass door closed.

Balcony View -Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Nice view, although the window wash equipment was stored in front of the balcony two balconies over, about cabin 1551. One large white post that holds up the extended deck above is on the right side of the balcony. The extended Resort Deck above blocks direct mid-day sun.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size balcony with two chairs, foot stools and a round table.

Was wind a problem? No wind problem

Any specific problems with this cabin and other comments - Boarded the Solstice at Noon and went straight to the buffet lunch. The cabin, bath and the deck were all clean and available at about 1:15pm. The overall space in this room seemed small for what is marketed as “Aqua Class”. OK drawer/cabinet storage space in the bath. Toilet paper roll metal cover is terrible (We removed the roll from the holder the entire trip). Larger shower space with a wonderful shower system. Good hot water system with anti-fog mirror area located directly above the bathroom sink. Soap and shampoo were OK and Lemon Grass scented. Disappointed in the limited amount of closet space. Closet not in a multi-user friendly location. Extra storage above the bed was nice but not easily accessible for shorter or older persons without stepping up on the bed. Storage under the bed was good to store luggage when not in use. Pillow selection was OK. The bed firmness was medium to firm. Bed linens were soft, clean and did not smell of ammonia or chlorine. Bedside stands are small. Room lighting was adequate. We kept the balcony curtains open during the day. The couch was hard as a rock and not comfortable. The daily herb tea smelled terrible (and I drink herb tea !!). The bottled water delivered daily was two 0.5 liter (16 fl. oz.) bottles from Italy – Paradiso brand. The cabin A/C worked well. The cabin flowers were small lilies and not worth having in the room. The fragrant spa oil was Lemon Grass and had little smell left. There are several under counter storage drawers beneath the wall mounted TV. Hair dryer was adequate for short hair. Aqua Class included unlimited access to the relaxing “Persian Garden”… there was little relaxing due to all the noisy door slamming and loud running shower water. Loved the heated tile recliners. Could not hear any noise from the pool or hot tub located on the Resort Deck above. Blu restaurant wait staff was great, but some of the food was very disappointing. The best I can say about Blu is healthy eating with portion control. Try eating at the Tuscan Grill, it’s worth the up-charge! Overall we had a good experience on the Celebrity Solstice cruising the eastern Caribbean (Sept 2010).

Solstice

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1641

Class – AQ

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet. Never heard any noise.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Support pole to right of balcony, but almost no obstruction.

Was wind a problem? No wind.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No problem.

Any specific problems with this cabin? The location was fine. Like the layout of the bathroom.

Any other comments? I think I would prefer the bed by the balcony as the closet is a little difficult to access.

Ship - Equinox

Deck - 10 (Sky)

Cabin # - 1407

Class – C1

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connected but very quit

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great aft view, no problem at all

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - A bit oversized compared to other aft verandas. We had 3 adjustable chairs with 2 footstools and a table and still had enough room left to move on the balcony

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No problem at all

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? We were with 3 adults and had enough room for all our luggage. After 8 nights the sofabed for our friend became a little bit uncomfortable. We would book this cabin again without hesitation (in fact we already did :))

Ship Eclipse

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6212

Class – 1A

Bed near? - Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not connecting. Stewards cupboard outside door but no noise heard.

Balcony View - Angled on hump, view down to sea and right down towards bridge, oversized balcony, amazing views.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized

Was wind a problem? Got windy in Atlantic near rail but balcony very deep so well protected.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Great location near elevators. Plenty of luggage space. Will try to get this cabin or 6214 (even larger balcony) again

:)

Solstice

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1190

Class – Concierge

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – near bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Generally quiet but sometimes crew left doors open to interior passage of ship and was noisy from time to time in early morning

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Some minor obstruction to the stern as there was a bump out of the structure...nothing too bad.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments?

Edited by gaelan

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9358

Class – Concierge

Quiet Cabin – Not connecting, no issues with noise (other than neighbors)

Balcony View - Normal view, no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal sized

Was wind a problem? - No problems

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Aft Cabin but we noticed no soot problems

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Nope

Any other comments?- Standard cabin with no issues.

With many looking for information on specific cabins on Solstice I thought it might be good to have a form of sorts for everyone to post basic information on each cabin that is easily read and searchable.

Hopefully if future cruisers will cooperate we can eventually obtain information on most every cabin and possibly get it as a sticky. Below is the information that I have noticed many wanting to know about the cabins. Please add any pertinant information that I might have missed. I will add a post after this one with just the questions that you can "Reply To" and add your information without copying and editing this first post. I hope to eventually get the basic info in a table and will try to post that periodically within the thread.

Please name your post with the title "Cabin # xxxx" so that those searching for information on a specific cabin can locate those easier with the search this forum option by using the cabin number that they need info on.

After the questions please add any comments concerning location - close to elevators, far from specific venues, etc. Also, post links to your photos of specific cabins or attach photos to the post.

Deck -

Cabin # -

Class –

Starboard or Port Side -

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem?

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any other comments?

Celebrity Solstice

Cabin # 1625

Perfect in all ways

Will request same cabin on future sailings

Will never sail without Aquaclass

Solstice

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1263

Class – Concierge

Starboard or Port Side -

Bed near? bath

Quiet Cabin? fairly quiet, could hear neighbors thru wall at times.

Balcony View? perfect, no obstructions. i did not like however, the people on the "humps" could see into many other balconies

Balcony Size? normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? everytime neighbors went into room, it sounded like they were coming into our room

Any other comments? there was no "pillow menu" as stated in Concierge descriptions

Edited by NJHAIR

CABIN#2130 Solstice

Deck RESORT

Cabin # 2130

Class SKY SUITE

Oversized handicap suite was about 30% larger with 1 extra floor to ceiling window (we had a double wide, it was the same size as the balcony doors, very nice.

Starboard

Bed near balcony (loved that!)

Quiet Cabin

Balcony View - too bad the overhang from sun deck obscured our view of

the sky.

Balcony Oversized-balcony was about 30% longer, same width as a normal sky suite balcony. Very shady at all times.

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? no

Missing 2 amenities. No pillow menu, and no celebrity tote bag. (customer relations desk said they did not get their delivery, so they'll ship it to my home)

*Any other comments? *

The sky suite is just a glorified, concierge cabin, same wine, flowers bath products and such.

More importantly, in my opinion, (which was shared by other,experienced suite cruisers, who we spoke to, sailing in a celebrity suite),

the butler service was almost useless.

Lots of issues, our simple requests, like a pitcher of water in suite, morning coffee and pressing services, not fulfilled adequately. Forget about unpacking, and packing assistance. It did not exist! We asked our butler on arrival, with bags sitting in front of us, what services we could expect... did not offer us any assistance, and he was nowhere to be found the last sea day to help with packing either. however, he did manage to pop out of a corner the last morning to receive a gratuity, it would seem his timing had magically improved...

Yes, I could have complained to guest services, but we preferred to chalk it up to experience, as this was our first butler experience.

Needless to say, we will not bother to get a sky suite again.

Room steward service was and is always excellent. It is all we need.

The ONLY advantage to a suite is room size. But I think a handicapped cabin in concierge would have been just as good. Aqua class actually includes more amenities, like bottled water and dining in Blu, but as suite guests we had to pay extra to eat there? Ridiculous!

(We often ate in Blu anyway, because the food and service was fabulous!)

---End Quote---

Deck -6

Cabin # -6210

Class –

Starboard or Port Side -Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Near Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – The balcony was about half obstructed by a lifeboat. We didn't mind it at all.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized - beginning of hump.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? Cabin was extremely convenient to the elevators and only two floors from the dining room. We only used the elevators to go to the pool and buffet.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1676

Class – Concierge C1

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) - Bath

Quiet Cabin - A little bit of noise outside the cabin in the morning from the room stewards' carts. Otherwise the only noise was at sail away if we were on our balcony we could hear the singing guitar player at the back of the Ocean View Cafe (2 decks up) or Sunset Bar (3 decks up); we enjoyed it!

Balcony View - Beautiful! Loved the aft view. Will do it again!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized; the cabin next door looked slightly bigger. We had a sail away party for 6 of us and we all fit on the balcony.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? A little; we asked the room steward to clean it off and they also washed the balcony several times during our 14 day cruise. The pros outway the cons.

Any specific problems with this cabin? A little far from the elevators, but we didn't mind the walk. Also the room stewards put their carts near this room. Again, we didn't mind as we knew their closet was what gives us the bigger balcony.

Any other comments? Room steward Vilma on the Eclipse was great!

Ship - Eclipse

Deck - Panorama (9)

Cabin # - 9292

Class – 1A

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. )

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Large Hump Balcony at least 13' deep on the longer side! Loved having the extra space!

Was wind a problem? Not at all, very sheltered

Any other comments? I would book this exact cabin again with no reservations. Location was great. Felt very centrally located, just a few flights up or down to everything. Great if you want to use the stairs.

Ship: Eclipse

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1541

Class – Aqua

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Considerable noise, from early morning to early morning, from aqua spar cafe kitchen above. Problem resolved by use of ear plugs, supplied by guest relations, and several scotches! Not connecting.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view, including bridge wing. No obstructions.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? Don't book this cabin if you are a light sleeper. I would go aqua class again in a quiet cabin. Blu is worth it just for the breakfasts! Much better than the bun fight on deck 14.

Chris

Here is the newly updated spreadsheet, current through the previous post.

A couple of requests:

PLEASE, include ship name in your posting.

Let me know if you find any errors

Email me at the address below if you would like an Excel version of the spreadsheet.

S-Class Cabins 9-26-2010.pdf