S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - Sky Deck

Cabin # - 1180

Class – Concierge C1

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard (near the stern)

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bead near the balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet - never heard our neighbors, except when they entered or left cabin.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Straight, unobstructed view. The cabin is 5 decks above the lifeboats, so no issues.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - This is a normal-sized balcony. Enough room for 2 decent chairs, 2 foot stools and a small round table.

Was wind a problem? No problems with wind at all.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? The only problem I noted that several times the "cold" water was lukewarm at best.

Any other comments? Decent cabin, very comfortable bed, small fridge in room (stocked by Celebrity, but attendant can/will empty for your use. LONG way from the elevator, though.

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7244

Class – 2a

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –the only obstruction is the tender below

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments?

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7244

Class – 2a

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –the only obstruction is the tender below.

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? no problems

Any other comments? near elevators, but could not hear elevator traffic from cabin.

Deck - 9

Cabin # 9211

Class – 1A

Starboard or Port Side Port Side

Bed near?(balcony or bath) Bath

Quiet Cabin No Problems---Near Card Room---Right by room attendants closet, but no problems

Balcony View - Great View Could see lifeboats to the right, but could see straight down from our room. –

Balcony Size? Don't know

Was wind a problem? I don't think it was any more windy than other places on deck

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Not an Aft Cabin--No problems with soot

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? Liked the location of this cabin. It was near the elevators and near the card room, so we could always find our way to our room. Could hear the room attendant occasionally in the closet, but certainly not a problem. Would choose this cabin again.

Ship: Solstice

Deck - 11th

Cabin # - 1529

Class – Aqua Class

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal, but plenty of room for two people.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None. Convenient location.

Any other comments? Near forward elevators; one deck up to Aquaspa restaurant for light breakfast/lunch or coffee/tea. Loved it!

Edited by Islander500

I believe 1529 would have bed by BATH. In adding this to spreadsheet, I noticed a discrepancy. Earlier reports were as follows:

1525 - bath

1527 - balcony

1533 - bath

Can someone confirm the accuracy of my assumption?

Edited by librarylady19

I believe 1529 would have bed by BATH. In adding this to spreadsheet, I noticed a discrepancy. Earlier reports were as follows:

1525 - bath

1527 - balcony

1533 - bath

Can someone confirm the accuracy of my assumption?

Hi Sandi,:) I had 1521 and the bed was near the balcony.

1523 would be by the bath then? 1525 would be by balcony then?

Yikes...the rooms are getting mixed up:eek:

Edited by Lois R

Hi Lois - indeed. I will take your word that the bed was by the balcony (I was in 1519 with bed by bath!!) and work from there. Any other eyewitness accounts are appreciated!!

I believe I have located the source of the problem. 1525 has been reported as both balcony and bath. NancyCox reported on both 1525 and 1527 and mixed up the location of the bed from what I can tell.

Have corrected spreadsheet for next update.

1519- Bath

1521 - Balcony

1523 - Bath

1525 - Balcony

1527 - Bath

1529 - Balcony

1531 - Bath (no report on this cabin)

1533 - Balcony

1535 - Bath

1537 - Balcony

1539 - Bath

1541 - Balcony

Phew...my brain hurts now...

Edited by librarylady19

Hi Lois - indeed. I will take your word that the bed was by the balcony (I was in 1519 with bed by bath!!) and work from there. Any other eyewitness accounts are appreciated!!

I believe I have located the source of the problem. 1525 has been reported as both balcony and bath. NancyCox reported on both 1525 and 1527 and mixed up the location of the bed from what I can tell.

Have corrected spreadsheet for next update.

1519- Bath

1521 - Balcony

1523 - Bath

1525 - Balcony

1527 - Bath

1529 - Balcony

1531 - Bath (no report on this cabin)

1533 - Balcony

1535 - Bath

1537 - Balcony

1539 - Bath

1541 - Balcony

Phew...my brain hurts now...

Well, your brain can take a rest then:)..I promise, the bed is

by the balcony in 1521 so your new list is correct:D

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8115

Class – 1C

Starboard or Port Side - port

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) cabin was quiet. Little foot traffic at the front of ship.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. The view was unobstructed. However, the ship's security camera underneath navigation bridge has a clear view into this room and the two forward 8109, 8111 - need to close the drapes if you want privacy.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? normal

Was wind a problem? not a problem but we could hear some whistling if the door was not completely closed.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Cabin is not near elevators. It is a long walk to the restaurants which are all aft but the reduced noise and traffic is worth it.

Any other comments? back part of closet hard to get to due to placement of bed (same as all cabins with interior beds)

Deck: 9

Cabin: 9215

Side: Port

Bed by Bath

Balcony: Very large due to bump - great balcony

Wind: Not a problem with door closed and balcony is deep so you can sit back if windy

Soot: No

Noise: Very quiet

Comments: This cabin is in a great location and has an extra large balcony due to the bump. Elevator close by - not a lot of walking.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1541

Class – Aqua

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – This cabin was EXTREMELY noisy from Aqua Spa Cafe located directly above. The noise was ALL NIGHT and ALL DAY long. I would NOT recommend this cabin. We made several complaints and they were able to compensate us with future cruise credit.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? NOISE

Any other comments? I would NOT book this cabin. Breakfast in Blu was very nice, but did not care for the dinners at all. My opinion (and I realize food is very subjective) I would not book an Aqua Class cabin again.

Deck - Penthouse (11)

Cabin # - 1600

Class – AQ

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bed near balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Extremely quiet. I'm a very light sleeper and heard nothing from above.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view

Was wind a problem? No

PS: Although the service in Blu was absolutely impeccable, I agree w/ zoe/Claudia. I'd probably not do AQ again since for most Blu seems to be the big draw.

Ship - Solstice

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8160

Class – 1A

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes, very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View was great! No obstructions. Looking down you saw the lifeboats.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized for the class. This balcony is on a curve, so it is larger than a typical oceanview verandah cabin. It was very nice.

Was wind a problem? No, it wasn't a problem. It was windy on our cruise, but it didn't really have a negative impact on the balcony. We slept with the sliding door open all nights, except one where it was extremely windy in the middle of the night and I had to close the door.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems at all

Any other comments? It was a very nice cabin. I was impressed with the size of the bathrooms, larger than on past ships on other cruise lines.

Ship - Equinox

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9192

Class – 1A

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Non-connecting and very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View was great! No obstructions. Looking forward, you could see the bridge.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized for the class. This balcony is larger than a typical oceanview verandah cabin.

Was wind a problem? No.

Any specific problems with this cabin? We could hear the tv from the cabin next door....perhaps they had the volume a bit high one evening. The cabin attendant's supply cupboard is next door and we did not even notice! We did have some issues with an overflowing toilet and that was fixed pronto!

Any other comments? It was a very nice cabin. Our only grief was that the sofa caused some issues for us when we accessed the wardrobe closet. The forward elevators are close and we did not notice any noise from them or fellow passengers in the hallway. We would definately stay in this cabin again!

Edited by prairie girl
grammer

Eclipse.

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6303

Class –

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – extremely quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – The top of the Tuscan Grill was visible at "ground" level - but didn't deter from the sea view at all

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized for class - as it is the last cabin aft before sunset balcony staterooms

Was wind a problem? no. Fairly protected, as it was deeper than norm

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Only really noticed soot on the rail towards the end of the cruise.

Any other comments As it was aft of the ship it was a along walk which too us was good, gave us extra excerise

Ship: Equinox

Deck: 8 (Vista)

Cabin: 8302

Class: 1C

Starboard or Port Side: Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath): Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ): Very quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue: Lifeboats below obstructed pier view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class: Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Not too far from the aft elevators which are close to dining venues. Minimum motion -- sometimes we could not tell whether we were docked or were still at sea.

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7233

( capacity for 4- large put you up settee+ bunk in the ceiling which could be lowered.

Class – 2A

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –

Bathroom- which has the best shower unit that I have ever seen on a ship.

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

Connects via outside doors from corridor recess. NO CONNECTING DOOR IN ROOM. If used as family rooms the outside corridor doors will be shut & inside doors be opened & held back by the magnet. VERY QUIET position, near midships lifts & Planet Earth ( small area with seating- according to one of the dancers who was working out there one morning, " it is the quitest part of the ship."

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Normal size

Was wind a problem?

No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

No not aft cabin it is midships on the hump.

Our door magnet did not work,we only needed it when we were our bringing cases in from corridor.

Shower gel is NOT supplied by dispenser in the shower, only soap.

Aqua class get Shower gel.

Any other comments?

The newly designed glass cups in metal holders are dangerous- what happened to HEALTH & SAFETY ISSUES?

Should NOT BE USED FOR HOT DRINKS> BE AWARE.

I spilt hot tea, as the glass came out of the holder, depositing the tea all over the white bath robe I was wearing( fortunately)

I filled in a comment card asking for cups as used in the restaurant, & they were supplied straight away.

( I also shared the lift with someone who had also been burned, he was told by the Dr that they would take 3 weeks to heal)

I also asked for XL size bath robes as the one size didn't fit either my husband or I. We were then supplied with upgraded ones- maybe from Aqua class as they were made of different softer material.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1605

Class – Aqua

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Corridor quiet however foot noise from pooldeck above. Near midships lifts & top floor of library

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. Oversized as on hump. slightly windy due to this but worth it.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -Oversized

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? not aft cabin it is midships on the hump.

Any specific problems with this cabin? none

Deck: 11 (Penthouse)

Cabin: 1650 Class: AQ

Starboard or Port Side: Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath): Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ): Very quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue: unobstructed

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class: Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Very quite. Plenty of storage.

What does "Verandas are Connecting" mean?

I have sailed in an aft cabin before on the Summit and feel like the Solstice class isn't as great sounding... bummer! We are booked for an aft cabin this coming March 2011.

Edited by Blake2737

Ok... I looked everywhere on the list and other places and don't see my cabin 1567 on the solstice...

So how do you figure out if the bed is by the balcony or bathroom??? And who the heck came up with this bright idea of alternating the location of bed/sofa???:confused:

CC