S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN: 1598

DECK: 11

CLASS: Ai

AREA: Middle under pool deck

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: Very

BALCONY VIEW: Good

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

WIND A PROBLEM? No

SOOT A PROBLEM? No

COMMENT: A great location near the central elevators with a great overhang. We do our sunning by the pool and prefer to have cocktails and lunch on our balcony in the shade. While I expected some noise due to location it was very quite.

CABIN #: 6179

DECK #: 6

CLASS: 2D

AREA: midship

BED NEAR: bathroom

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: ok - it is classed as an obstructed view cabin but you could look out and see everything in view just not down! Not a problem for us and we would take this cabin again in the future.

BALCONY SIZE: normal

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: no problems but the bathroom door opened in the opposite direction to the previous celebrity ships we have been on (eclipse & silhouette) which just seemed a little weird! :D

CABIN #: 1649

DECK #: 11

CLASS: C2

AREA: Aft - Port

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: No. Directly across the hall from crew access which resulted in hearing a lot of the heavy door closing.

BALCONY VIEW: 180 degrees

BALCONY SIZE: standard

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Eclipse

Deck 10

Concierge

Between midship elevators and forward elevators, port side

Bed near balcony

Quiet

Balcony view unrestricted

Balcony size standard

Comment:

the divider between this room and the room to the aft of it does not fully open, there is a strut in the way.

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #: 7107

DECK #: 7

CLASS: Family Veranda

AREA: very front of ship

BED NEAR: 2 separate bedrooms plus the living room, just as presented on Celebrity deck plans. The kids bedroom is near the cabin door, the master bedroom is through the living room.

QUIET?: No. As others reported, these cabins are at front of the ship so are noisy when docking (due to thrusters and some hydraulic lift)

BALCONY VIEW: side of the ship at the very front, the living room has a forward facing window, as does the master BR (you can see the helicopter pad).

BALCONY SIZE: regular size, part of which has a metal wall (instead of fully open to the air)

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: fantastic, huge cabin despite the morning noise. Sofa and 2 chairs plus a round table with 4 dining chairs, TONS of storage, 2 closets, long open shelves. Simply amazing. Look for photos on Google.

Edited by VAcrew

Ship: REFLECTION

Cabin: 2162

Deck: 12

Class: Aqua Suite

Area: Mid Ship by Main Elevators

Bed Near: Bath

Quiet: Yes and no. Saw other post on this suite so I was nervous, but we didn't have any issues. It seemed like there would be noise from the music in the Atrium late night but it is 6-8 decks below. Once door was closed. It was quiet. The reported scraping of deck chairs from pool area was negligible. Didn't hear it inside cabin. On balcony during afternoon when DJ going strong and sitting on balcony you heard it. But you would hear it on decks below also. No notice from adjacent cabins, i.e. Flushing or loud TV.

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed. Since this is on bump out you don't see any of the other balconies. Nice. Below view down to sliver of Promanade Deck and the Sea. Also glad had full sun and not under large overhang. As other AQ cabins are. Might be negative for those who don't like full sun.

BALCONY SIZE: Great size. 1.5 reg. balconies. Like the larger Teak Table and lounge chairs with foot stool.

WIND: Not an issue for us. Winds were up to 30+Knots

SOOT: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Great location. It is right at the entrance to main stairs and elevators, but it was so convenient to pop up to pools, Oceanview Cafe or hop on elevator. loved the AQ Suite, but didn't use our butler Rodney to the fullest because we are just always moving. We should have ordered room service for breakfast but we head to gym early then eat somewhere. Afternoon Tea was missed most days, but he left canapés. When we do a suite again, I will be sure to make a point to utilize butler service because it means a lot to them to do a good job for their guests. Reservations at Speciality Restaurants, shows etc.

• 2 weeks later...

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 1570

CLASS: Aqua

QUIET?: Not exactly. Awakened many mornings by what I believe was the towel cart being rolled on the pool deck above at 6am. Also, the stateroom attendant cart was parked most of the day directly across from the cabin door. There was also a fair amount of noise from the crew door which was across the hallway just outside of cabin 1572 next door.

BALCONY VIEW: Could see a strut from the pool deck above, but it was not a problem for us. Also, the pool deck overhang goes out quite a bit.

BALCONY SIZE: normal

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

SHIP: REFLECTION

CABIN: 8240

DECK: 8

CLASS: Concierge

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET? Yes!!!

BALCONY VIEW: View was completely of the ocean in all directions. Did not see any life boats.

BALCONY SIZE: Standard size....and comfortable

WIND A PROBLEM: NO, not a "problem" but definitely some wind on certain days.

SOOT A PROBLEM: NONE

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This location is GREAT! It is in middle of the larger "bump-out" behind the central elevators. It was quite convenient to dining room, pools, buffet, bars, library, internet room, etc. This cabin was between the openings to cabin corridors. I had read several negative comments that this location was noisy when there was music in the main atrium, but we never experienced any noise!!

Edited by Cruisin Kay D

Cabin: 1118

Deck: 10

AREA: Midship, near The Library (lower level) on the forward slant of the hump

QUIET: VERY quiet! The sliding glass doors between the hallway and the Library really helped to cut down on noise, especially when bands were playing in the Grand Foyer in the evenings.

BALCONY VIEW: EXCELLENT! When standing on the rail, you can see forward to the bridge as well as straight out from the ship. That extra amount of openness really added a lot to our enjoyment of the balcony.

BALCONY SIZE: Wonderful! This is an angled balcony, so you have a good deal of additional space when compared to a standard balcony. It's a '4th off the hump' cabin, so the balcony is not as large as the 1st and 3rd off the hump, but quite spacious anyway. We actually found that it was the best of both worlds because we got the extra space (and could sit facing forward) while the overhang from the balcony above was small enough to not restrict the amount of light coming into the cabin (ie, no "cave-like" feeling).

WIND: Not a problem.

SOOT: None whatsoever. The balcony (glass and chairs/table) did get covered in quite a bit of salt during and after a rough couple of sea days, not a problem at all thereafter.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: HIGHLY recommend this cabin. It's a standard Concierge Class cabin inside, but the balcony size and position on the ship make it one of the few worth paying the Concierge Class premium for. Despite being high on the ship, we felt that even during rough seas it was more stable in the cabin than elsewhere on the ship. Note that unlike the other S-class ships, the large overhang and supporting struts from the big deck above are not a problem with this cabin (since Reflection has one more deck than Solstice/Equinox/Eclipse/Silhouette). We plan on locking up this cabin for our next cruise, would recommend you do the same!

Kkd3ZGNl.jpg.e4a9ae9ce08d64ae62ccb903f62b0bb0.jpg

xkezj1zl.jpg.8fda25709d97ceb354be59916368b7bd.jpg

970kVral.jpg.6a0b0d3f009899b0fc53c2a7f46fe7c1.jpg

Edited by PlanetX

Cabin: 6307

Deck: 6

CLASS: Sky Suite (cat S1)

AREA: Aft on the port side

QUIET: Very quiet! No noise from above, below or sides. Down at the end of a long hall. The only noise sensitive ears might detect is the usual "aft rumble" and vibration associated with the propulsion system.

BALCONY VIEW: EXCELLENT! Full aft, plus by turning your body and craning a bit, a good bit to the port side.

BALCONY SIZE: Surprise, it's teeny tiny! See pix published in my review (link posted in PROBLEMS/COMMENTS below).

WIND: Not a problem.

SOOT: None whatsoever.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This cabin has "the pole." We actually loved the cabin, in spite of the little balcony, but we were two smallish women and we didn't spend a lot of time out there. If it had been me and my 6'+ husband, it would have been uncomfortably small. Ditto if we had been in the mood to make the balcony our hangout place for hours every day. I posted pictures of the cabin and balcony in my review here.

CABIN #: 1654

CLASS: C2

AREA: Aft/Starboard

QUIET?: Usually, though across from service door, and some noise from service carts, luggage

BALCONY VIEW: Unrestricted

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: No problems, except periodic noise from service door, activity.

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 6238

CLASS: Balcony 1A

AREA: Midship Starboard Side - On the Hump toward the aft

QUIET?: Yes very quiet despite being in close proximity to the lift foyer, we did not experience any noise from outside the cabin from the corridor, also the Stateroom Attendant had a storage cupboard right outside our door, we did not have any problem with noise. We were a little concerned upon booking, being on deck 6 that we may have experienced noise from Deck 5 underneath us which is of course is the walk around boat deck, but again, absolutely no noise bothered us at all.

BALCONY VIEW: Although this cabin is toward the aft of the Hump and therefore you cannot see the front of the ship, the view was excellent, no obstruction at all from the lifeboats which are very prominent in front of all the deck 6 cabins aft & forward of the Hump. All the hump cabins have no obstruction of view due to the lifeboats.

BALCONY SIZE: Huge! We could have easily fit 10 of the usual deck chairs comfortably.

WIND A PROBLEM?: Not at all, I found because it was toward the aft of the Hump, that is was actually protected from wind, rain and also ocean spray. We also occupied Cabin 6214 on the same B2B trip which was forward of the Hump where it was an issue with the elements, see my post on Cabin 6214.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS There were really only 2 glaring complaints, as we travel with my elderly Mother, the sofa bed was totally inadequate. It was merely a poor excuse for a sofa bed having only a flimsy drawer which acted as a trundle bed sitting only approx. 5 inches above the floor with only a very thin (approx. 4 inch) foam mattress. It really was only just viable for a small child, definitely not appropriate for an adult and certainly not an elderly one. Given that very few people ever bother reporting on sofa beds, we are constantly trying to seek information, which even Celebrity could not give us. We were really angry that no information exists for cruisers needing this facility and that the Cruise Lines are seemingly skimping more and more with new builds expecting cruisers to pay handsomely for such a poor bed to sleep on! For our case, we were on 4 B2B's and tried to even pay for an extra cabin for my Mother but to no avail as they claimed they had nothing available! The only other complaint, was the total lack of storage space available, having only a very small closet, 2 tiny drawers and 1 small cupboard (next to the fridge) which everything you put in it was constantly warm. There was also a cupboard above head height, spanning across the pillow end of the bed that was rendered fairly useless if you are not tall enough to get into it, even if you are agile enough to climb onto the bed! The bathroom also had very little storage only 3 small pigeon holes. The solid doors on the shower were a welcome addition rather than fight with slimy shower curtains of the past!

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 6214

CLASS: Balcony 1A

AREA: Midship Starboard side - on the forward part of the Hump

QUIET?: Yes definitely no apparent noise from the corridor even thought it is within close proximity to the Celebrity iCafe entrance and the lift foyer. No noise experienced from outside the balcony either.

BALCONY VIEW: Excellent view which faces slightly forward as being on the forward part of the Hump, so you cannot see toward the back of the ship, but absolutely nothing obstructing the view

BALCONY SIZE: Very large, we could have fit around 8 normal deck chairs, a little smaller than our other cabin, 6238 which we had for the same B2B sailing, although both cabins are listed as 1A, this cabin overall, was smaller in width, by approx. 8 inches so affecting the actual width (not depth) of the balcony area.

WIND A PROBLEM?: Yes the balcony was exposed to wind, rain and also ocean spray, due to it being facing slightly forward of the Hump it was quite open to the elements and even sitting out there on a nice sunny day, if it was windy, it was a little uncomfortable. Also the salt spray coming off the ocean whilst moving along intruded into at least halfway back from the glass railing. See my other post of Cabin 6238, which was in almost exactly the same spot but towards the aft of the Hump on Deck 6, overall a much better cabin.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Again our major complaint was with the inadequate sofa bed which was not appropriate for my elderly Mother as it was a poor excuse for a sofa bed being merely a trundle sitting only approx. 5 inches off the floor with only a really thin approx. 4 inch foam mattress. As it sat on the floor it was not appropriate for an elderly person, let alone an adult, really only useful for a small child, my Mother had to sleep on top of the sofa which was a leather type fabric, so it made it really slippery for sheets to stay on and was not a standard width single bed, only the short width of the sofa. It also had poor storage facilities only having a very small closet and a couple of tiny drawers. The storage cupboard above the bed was rendered useless to anyone not tall enough nor agile enough to climb up to get into it!

I MUST MENTION AGAIN THAT THIS CABIN WAS MUCH SMALLER IN SIZE THAN OUR OTHER CABIN, 6238, IT WAS BOTH NARROWER IN WIDTH BY APPROX 8 INCHES, AND ALSO WAS APPROX 8 INCHES IN LENGTH (FROM FRONT DOOR TO BALCONY DOOR) SHORTER THAN THE OTHER CABIN. IT WAS PARTICULARLY NOTICABLE WHEN YOU WALKED AROUND THE BED THAT THE AREA BETWEEN THE WALL AND THE END OF THE BED WAS VERY TIGHT COMPARED TO THAT OF CABIN 6238, AGAIN OVERALL I WOULD DEFINITELY CHOOSE 6238 OVER THIS ONE!

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 2174

DECK #: 12

CLASS: S2

AREA: Midship/Aft (4-5 cabins aft of the aft elevators)

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Mostly straight out and aft. Cabin is just after the aft hump, so fore view is of the slant of those balconies- they block a true aft view. There is the deck 14 overhang straight above.

BALCONY SIZE: Normal for port/starboard side S2's. Furniture includes full size round dining table, 2 sun lounge chairs, and 2 ottoman's.

WIND A PROBLEM?: Not really

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Occasional noise of the towel carts on deck 14, mostly late at night. Never woke me up, and was not disturbing when it was heard. It always sounded far away- never really sounded directly overhead.

Edited by sperkins921
Added deck furniture info

CABIN #: 9288

DECK #: 9

CLASS: 1B

AREA: Starboard Aft near the aft stairs and main glass elevator bank

BED NEAR: balcony

QUIET?: yes. Occasional talking near stairs but no problems with noise.

BALCONY VIEW: fairly far forward up to forward hump but aft is blocked by aft hump. No obstructions or distractions

BALCONY SIZE: normal with 2 reclining chairs and a table

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We enjoyed this cabin very much and would book it again. It is a walk to the fitness area, spa, and other forward areas but that was not a problem. Be advised that the card room is nearby and was in use virtually non-stop with card and game players all day and into the night. There are no auto glass doors blocking the noise so taking a cabin more than 4 cabins forward might be more noisy.

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 2166

DECK #: 12

AREA: Mid ship starboard

QUIET: Very quiet (Can't understand previous complaints of early morning noise from Ocean View Cafe immediately above.)

BALCONY VIEW: Located on aft side of hump.

BALCONY SIZE: Oversized but no knowledge of what "normal" size is

WIND A PROBLEM: Definitely not. We had some windy days (November 29, 2014) but balcony was sheltered enough that it was never a problem.

SOOT A PROBLEM: No

COMMENTS: Very handy to mid-ship elevators and stairs.

CABIN #: 8112

DECK #: 8

CLASS: 1A

AREA: Forward/Starboard

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:This cabin is directly under the pilot wing. It is the third verandah from the front of the ship on the 8th deck.

CABIN #: 6307

CLASS: SV

AREA: Aft

QUIET?: Yes very, unless you have neighbours who let the doors slam when coming and going.

BALCONY VIEW: Wake of the ship and beyond - lovely for stargazing at night.

BALCONY SIZE: Seemed about 1 1/2x deeper than a standard side balcony.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: One or two specks some days but never an issue.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: *As most people in SV cabins will mention it is a fair walk to the elevators but I never had a problem with it as I like to walk a lot - DH commented several times how far it was.

*The cabin seemed narrower than the cabins on the M-class ships and it definitely looked a bit narrower than an inside cabin we also booked on this ship.

*I was a bit worried that there would be no privacy on the balcony from above but this was not the case - if you sat on the balcony near the doors you had complete privacy, you would only be seen from above if you stood at the railing. Could not use if it rained or at times if you didn't like full sun.

*The roof of the Tuscan Grill extends out beyond the balcony floor but that didn't detract from the excellent views of the wake.

*You often would feel the vibration of the engines, especially when travelling at night. I didn't mind it but it bothered DH.

*I would not hesitate booking this cabin again if I ever did another S-class cruise.

Ship: Reflections

cabin #: 8252

deck #: 8

class: 1a

area: Port side midship - close to elevator

bed near: Balcony

quiet?: Extremely - heard nothing

balcony view:

Balcony size: On the hump - large

wind a problem?: No

soot a problem?: No

problems/comments:great room, first off the hump, huge balcony, pulled our bed out there and slept one night on the balcony it was so huge. No noise at all. Right at the elevators. Amazing view

Ship: Silhouette

Cabin: 1245

Deck: 10

Area: Last cabin on hump, port side

Bed: Near balcony

Quiet: Very quiet

Balcony View: View to front of ship blocked because it's the last hump cabin

Balcony Size: BIG! 2 loungers with footstools and large table

Wind: Not a problem

Soot: Not a problem

Great location, close to elevators. Entrance to room tucked back from main corridor. No noise from elevator area noticed.

Ship: Reflection

Cabin: 9305

Deck: 9

Class: Concierge

Area: On Stern

Bed: Near closet

Balcony View:Stern view. OUTSTANDING

Balcony Size:Good 2 loungers with footstools and table

Soot: Minimal, a quick brush off of chair a couple of times

Long walk to elevators (no bother for us), quiet, next to a corner sky suite

Ship: Equinox

Cabin: 1658

Deck: 11

Class: Concierge

Area: Starboard rear

Bed: Near bathroom

Balcony View: Excellent

Balcony Size:Normal size with 2 loungers with footstools and table

Wind: None noticed

Soot: None

Comments: Great room kept in good order by an excellent steward

SHIP: EQUINOX DEC'14

CABIN #: 6298

CLASS: 2C

AREA: AFT STARBOARD

BED NEAR: BATH

QUIET?: YES

BALCONY VIEW: OBSTRUCTED DIRECTLY DOWN, OPEN 180 HORIZONTALLY

BALCONY SIZE: ALMOST 8 FT X 8 FT OVERSIZE:D

WIND A PROBLEM?: NO

SOOT A PROBLEM?: NO

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: OCCASIONAL WORKMEN OUTSIDE WHEN IN PORT

;)7 cabins port/starbd from aft on Deck 6 have oversize balcony over Tuscan Grill roof extension.;)

DSCN1455.jpg.3e3d912be38d41dfcdaed750e55b147c.jpg

Ship: Eclipse

Cabin: 8353

Deck: 8

Class: Sunset Balcony

Area: On Stern

Bed: Near closet

Balcony View:Stern view. middle of deck levels, could see balconies above and below.

Balcony Size: larger than most but saw some larger on other decks

Soot: none noticed

Long walk to elevators (no bother for us), quiet,

CABIN #: 1615

DECK #: 11 (Penthouse)

CLASS: Celebrity Suite

AREA:

BED NEAR: bath

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: good

BALCONY SIZE: one nice recliner, one cheap one, small table, two chairs

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Lovely cabin, comfortable furniture and bed, near elevators, small bathroom, ample storage