What Have You Done?

Javajoni

Sang Karaoke. I have horrible stage fright, but a decent voice. My best friend said my leg (I was leaning slightly, so all my weight was on the other one) was shaking like a leaf the whole time I was up there---I could feel it shaking, but couldn't do anything to stop it. :D

Karaoke is quite scary when you are in front of about 200 to 300 people. I did it for the first time on Valor in September. Quite frightening. My legs were shaking too.

The lounge that they used for the Valor Karaoke also housed the comedy shows, so later in the karaoke rounds, the lounge would fill up with TONS of people.

Vicki

I parasailed. I am EXTREMELY scared of heights. Nobody believed me until they actually saw the pictures. Also I ate hot dogs everyday on the Spirit.I never eat them anywhere else but for some reason I loved the dogs they make out on their pool deck grill!

Got up on a pedestal in the dining room to dance. (Alcohol was NOT involved) ===> SUUURE, Mother :cool:

Thought my teens would sink thru the floor - it was worth it just to see the expressions on their faces!

:eek: Mother! :eek:

:eek: OMG...I've never been so embarrassed in my whole life. :eek:

-- What will my friends say?! :eek:

First I should say that while I love to cruise the ocean, and I swim like a fish in pool water with chorine, no fish, and no waves, I am afraid of ocean water, sea monsters, and all things swimmy. However, on cruises i have:

1. Rode an underwater scooter with a big glass air bubble on my head (think it's called a BOB)? I did it, once, in Cozumel. Cute pictures, NEVER AGAIN.

2. I also rode in a real, very deeply underwater submarine in St. Thomas...again, I was terrified, but I did it...NEVER AGAIN.

3. Same goes for parasailing...once, in Cabo. I was cool until the boat driver dipped me in ther water...my cousin talked me into this one, and yes, NEVER AGAIN.

So there are 3 things I have done on cruises that I would never do otherwise. I try to try at least one new thing on every vacation, even if it's scary or freaks me out, because those are the things that create the most vivid memories (like when I ate the raw conch spine (or reproductive organ, not sure which, as I never really got the real story) right out of the live animal/shell in Grand Cayman on a dare from the tour guide...gag, but a great story and picture).:eek:

I'm going to go with:

1) Zip line in Puerto Vallarta (I'm afraid of heights, but love hot air balloons...go figure)

2) Drinking more than 1 drink a day (more like 4 or so on a cruise)

3) Balcony stuff :eek:

Went to a bar by myself!

I went to the piano bar by myself, didnt end up that way though, the place was jammin and we were all singing! some great timeson that cruise, havent had another night like that in the piano bar since, but I will keep trying!

I was a jockey in the silly horse race. I am on the shy side and don't like to be the center of attention, so this was very out of character for me.

I also took the ATV jungle ride in Cozumel. It was more like rock climbing on an ATV...once was enough!

Archived