Yes or no ? , need a quick answer !!!

I have searched the site but not found an answer to this.

Can you combine shareholders OBC with the Senior's 55+ rate?

I have looked on the shareholders website and it only refers to 'special rates' , does this mean 55+ special rate?

Has anyone got the answer/tried?

Thanks.

I suggest you call RCI and then let us all know the answer! RCI has changed so much that I'm not sure about combining anything. I do know that I got my Diamond balcony discount and kept my NC OBC, but that is combining a "benefit" with an "offer". Don't know what RCI considers the 55+ rate nor the stock OBC.

Thanks to those who have answered so far.

I am taking a chance and booked the cheaper 55+ rate for the Navigator transatlantic in April. Will e.mail RCI shareholders with our shares contract and keep fingers crossed;):).

I will post what the answer is when I get it!!!

Now to join the roll call:D.

I suggest you call RCI and then let us all know the answer! RCI has changed so much that I'm not sure about combining anything. I do know that I got my Diamond balcony discount and kept my NC OBC, but that is combining a "benefit" with an "offer". Don't know what RCI considers the 55+ rate nor the stock OBC.

Wonderful! Did you book this cruise in 2008 or 2009"?

You should be able to get the shareholder OBC. I just booked the Freedom under an over 55 rate, then applied for the the obc, per usual procedure, and received a positive response within 24 hours.

That is brilliant. Hope we get the same response:)

I had a NC from 2007 that I just used for an April cruise, when I got My Diamond discount on the balcony, the Crown and Anchor person said bookings after 1/09 csn no longer get onboard credit and discount on balcony, but since this was booked before that you can. I did not know this, maybe it has been stated and just didnt read it, so I guess it is either onboard credit or balcony discount

I would think the senior discount would be a "horse of a different" color than the diamond balcony discount. Anyone can have a senior/military/resident discount whether they have been on Royal Caribbean before or not. But, like the OP said, the rules seem to change daily and with whoever you talk to.

I know they wouldn't let me use my next cruise letter with its accompanying OBC and get OBC for booking while on a cruise (before new rules). I didn't have any problem with it. So, I just tucked my next cruise letter back in my purse and told them I would book the cruise with it later since I would be getting the same OBC with it as I would by not using it and booking while on that cruise. Don't think the loyalty lady liked it but what could she do. The cruise I wanted was many months out. When I buy insurance, I get it within 14 days of deposit to get pre-existing waivers and I didn't want to put the non-refundable insurance money out that far in advance if I could avoid it.

I have often wondered if anyone has gotten a combination of all of the above discounts available to any booker--say you are active/retired military, over 55, and living in a state where they are getting a resident discount.

I will, also, be on the Navigator trans-Atlantic in April and I will be interested to see how many passengers will be visiting the loyalty lady/man to book cruises and/or buy next cruise letters since the non-double dipping for OBC has gone in to effect. The trans-Atlantics attract a lot of Diamond/Platinum passengers who have been loyal to Royal a long time because of the perks--one of which was to line up your next cruise while on board to get the OBC along with balcony discounts. With only one bite of the apple, the balcony discount is the same as the OBC for booking while on board so why bother to tie your money up unless you want a specific cabin that might not be available later.

Tucker in Texas

Archived