Has anyone ever been to Alaska ONLY one time

luvtwotrvl

I've only been once SO FAR, but I always knew I'd go back eventually. I had to wait 8 years, but finally I am returning. This will be the first time for my fiance, but I know it won't be the last! He's from Montana and is an avid outdoorsman and hunter. The question is not whether he will want to go back, but if he will end up wanting to MOVE there!:eek:

Anyone know if there are hunting outfitters up there where a man can go out hunting during the day while his wife sits in front of a fireplace in a lodge with a cup of cocoa and a good book, does a little shopping, maybe gets a massage... then they can both have a nice dinner and enjoy the evening together?

Anyone know if there are hunting outfitters up there where a man can go out hunting during the day while his wife sits in front of a fireplace in a lodge with a cup of cocoa and a good book, does a little shopping, maybe gets a massage... then they can both have a nice dinner and enjoy the evening together?

There is certainly LOTS of hunting ( see http://www.explorenorth.com/hunting-ak.html for a list of about 20 guiding operators), but I don't know of any serious hunting that is lodge-based. There are lots of luxury fishing lodges, though.

To the original question, one vacation to Alaska and the Yukon back in '85 was all I needed to convince me to move here. It took my wife (as of a year ago) 4 vacations, 3 to Alaska and 1 Alaska-Yukon to make the move.

This will be our 2nd time to Alaska in May. First time we did the whole land tour part. this time we are doing Seattle to Vancouver part first. Next time (whenever that is) will probably so the Fairbanks part again.

Such a great area to see.

Enjoy it.

Never wanted to go to Alaska. Lived in and by the Colorado Mountains which has more peaks over 14,000 ft than Alaska or any other state and it is cold there, lived with snow and cold all my life didn't need any more.

02 wife talked me into going, I went very reluctantly.

Going again Island Princess August, 4th time. Absolutely incredible and totally addictive.

Jack

for the

We went on our 1st Alaska in 2007. For us a trip of a life time as we had 20 family members on board and had a fabulous time. :)

Upon returning we were asked if we had a good time by a friend. It turns out her inlaws went on a Alaka cruise just before we did. She said her inlaws hated it and will never cruise again.:eek: After some questions though it turns out her MIL is a home body and her FIL likes high impact vacations. It just goes to show you that you cannot assume that everyone is going to love the same cruise.

We loved it so much that a B2B is our next Alaska cruise and I know we will go back!:D

We have only been once, this past July. We would like to go in the winter to see the aurora. I read on the boards that there will be a peak in 2011-12 so we would like to go then. We can't wait to go again and have even had talks of moving there. Hopefully one day...

We have been once in June 2007. That was supposed to be a one off. However as our son now lives in Calgary, we can combine seeing him with a visit to Alaska again so we are doing the 14 day re-positioning from San Francisco to Vancouver. We really loved sailing along and being able to enjoy the views while at sea.

We went on our "once in a life time" cruise to Alaska in 2007. After the cruise we realized that we needed to see more of the interior. We planned a trip last year for 6 nights on land 7 night cruise. We had a wonderful time seeing Mt. McKinley "out", lots of glaciers, wildlife and beautiful weather and scenery. We said that we would not go back this year because we could never top last year's trip. With the price drop on cruises last month, we decided to head back again this year!!!!! I'm so excited!!!! :)

My first time, but not my first time trying. Had a land trip book (Kenai) back in 2004, but had to cancel at the last minute for medical reasons. :( We always said we would go back in five years to celebrate. And amazingly, we are. Granted, we would have rather attempted our land trip, but for family reasons, we are doing the cruise.

Hubby and I went for our 25th anniversary back in July of 1999. I have talked my 83 year-old father and my 28 year-old daughter to go back with me this coming September. She gets to see her grandfather only a few times a year when she comes up from Tennessee to Ohio to see us. Her hubby doesn't like to travel soooooo I thought it would be wonderful for her to come with us and be able to spend time with "grandpa." She actually cried when I told her we were going to Alaska together!!!! I told them they will LOVE it there. Dad has been on 20plus cruises with my mom over the years but never to Alaska. They even went down the Nile on a cruise. Mom liked warm-weather cruises. Dad took a cruise after she passed away, but he ended up being really lonely. We won't let him be lonely on this one!! I keep dreaming about Alaska at night.

We did our first Princess cruistour in sept. 2000.

Now heading back this June with family members who have never been there.

Doing 1 week tour around Anchorage and Denali on our own this time.

Magnificent fall colors first time, now will see it in a different season.

Upon returning we were asked if we had a good time by a friend. It turns out her inlaws went on a Alaka cruise just before we did. She said her inlaws hated it and will never cruise again.:eek: After some questions though it turns out her MIL is a home body and her FIL likes high impact vacations. It just goes to show you that you cannot assume that everyone is going to love the same cruise.quote]

There always has to be one some place.

Well in 1994, it was "supposed" to be my once in a lifetime trip. :)

I definately got "bite" BAD!!! Trip 26 is this June.

Has to be a record. Congrats.

Forgot to mention took grand daughter two years ago when she was almost 13 on the Coral her aunt and uncle were with us also. Wonderful, marvelous time. This year same GD, GS, Dad and Mom going on the Star in August. A family that cruises together stays together. We said that about camping when kids were little.:D

Jack and Nora

for the

We cruised the Inside Passage out of Vancover in 1999. Don't think it could be repeated. It was magical. I will leave it that way.

Ten years later and Alaska is still magical! We've been fishing five times out of Ketchikan and loved it. Then we took a RCCI cruise and LOVED it. We cruised into Icy Strait and LOVED it! We loved the village of Hoonah near Icy Strait so much that we spent 8 days there last July. We have plans to return this August for 2 weeks! Can't wait.

Yes, Alaska was magical in 1999 and still is. I would give it another try.

only once??? not for me ;). first time in 03, again in 05, i am going to the glacier bay for the 3rd time this may and next year about 15 family members and i will be sailing there again. i love the alaska itinerary and ports. i will go anytime i can.:)

Once is NEVER enough for Alaska!! First cruise ever (to Alaska, natch) in 2006. Then we went back again in 2008. Still got the bug bad, and we're planning our third (and CERTAINLY not our last) to the most beautiful place on earth in 2010. Husband wants to move there when we retire....only 11 more years for me! LOL! Love it!:D

...we went up in 2006, and we're heading back up again in August of this year, we went with NCL last time and this time its with Celebrity. It's a very beautiful and unique place for those who have never experienced it...

cheers,

the Imagineer

77d5928d4eb72ff882894f5186eef29a.png

ef79774882a7511046c8c00b4a3ffffd.png

aaafdfd5db4b464096de605b20ff3270.png

Archived