A Bottle of White a bottle of Red

Roasted Pear with Gorgonzola Balsamic Vinger and Black Pepper Sabayon

Sweet Wine

Salzburger Rockerlin Raspberry Coulis

Some Wine

Coffee Home Made Friandises

yours Shogun

Thanks Shogun! :D

I am hoping to get on the list for the Chef's table a week from now on the Caribbean Princess! :) :D

I can hardly wait to see what's on their menu. Maybe someone getting off of the ship today will post something when they get home.

Thanks Shogun! :D

I am hoping to get on the list for the Chef's table a week from now on the Caribbean Princess! :) :D

I can hardly wait to see what's on their menu. Maybe someone getting off of the ship today will post something when they get home.

Hey Judy - We hope to do the Chef's Table as well during "Our" cruise - hopefully we'll both be lucky!

Mary

I guess I will never be able to do the Chef's Table (sigh). Neither my husband nor myself like fish or seafood and it looks like that is heavy on the menu.

Heavy? I count only 2 of the 5 appetizers that include seafood in both of the menus posted here; Shogun's has one-half of a huge entree as seafood (you could still eat the filet mignon AND the lamb)....and the menu posted by dchip has no seafood on the entree.....:confused::confused::confused:

Is the menu the same for each ship, ex: we will be on the Island in July. The menu's posted here were for two other ships. Do they stay the same or is it chef's choice and they are random? The chef's table caught my fancy because of the raves everyone gives the experience. The drawback for us will be food allergies. For me it would be strawberries and seafood. For R it is eggs. I am unfamiliar with some of the items offered but could look those up to see what they are. Others I know have egg in them. I would want us both to be able to enjoy the experience to the fullest so if there were many items that had to be avoided, I am wondering if it would be worth it for R to participate?

Hi Folks, An Idea of what we got through on the Sea Princess

Glass of bubbly

Foie Gras Terrine in A baked Brioche Blanket

Creviche ofRed snapper with Lime Tomatoes and Peppers

Another Glass

King Crab Crisp with Melted Grovyere

Tiny Vol au Vewnt with Escargot in Red Wine and Garlic

Another Glass

Pasta Boscaiola with Porcinni Mushrooms and Fresh Tomato

Strawberry and Green Peppercorn Sorbet

Did I Say White Wine

Double Impact Surf and Turf

Lobbster Tails, Diver Scallops Beef Fillet Migons and Lamb Rib Chops

(As in as much as you can eat)

Sauce Fogit Sauce Vert Lemon Butter Rosemary Jus

Fresh Market Vegatables

Creamy Mashed Potates

A Bottle of White a bottle of Red

Roasted Pear with Gorgonzola Balsamic Vinger and Black Pepper Sabayon

Sweet Wine

Salzburger Rockerlin Raspberry Coulis

Some Wine

Coffee Home Made Friandises

yours Shogun

Your the man Shogun, thanks for the posting. The Chef's table is the best single cruise experience out there.

Bob

Future: Emerald Princess Northern Trans Atlantic 09/09

Diamond Princess Aus/NZ 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

Is the menu the same for each ship, ex: we will be on the Island in July. The menu's posted here were for two other ships. Do they stay the same or is it chef's choice and they are random? The chef's table caught my fancy because of the raves everyone gives the experience. The drawback for us will be food allergies. For me it would be strawberries and seafood. For R it is eggs. I am unfamiliar with some of the items offered but could look those up to see what they are. Others I know have egg in them. I would want us both to be able to enjoy the experience to the fullest so if there were many items that had to be avoided, I am wondering if it would be worth it for R to participate?

It is never the same. It is whatever the Chef creates specially for that evening. When you are interviewed by the Maitre'd he will ask you if you have any food allergies.

Our menu on the Coral last month was:

--Champagne

Tuna Tartar with Wasabi and Pickled Ginger in Nori Sheets

--Champagne

Duck Gelatine on Brioche, Cranberry Jam

--Champagne

Bistro Mini Quiche Provencale

--Champagne

Roasted New Potatoes with Sour Cream & Caviar

--Champagne

Asparagus Risotto with Lobster Tail

--White Wine

Lemon Sorbet with Mango Slaw

--Vodka poured on top by Chef

Roast Veal Shank & Veal Rack, Carved Tableside with

Chantarelle & Jus, Market vegetables, Creamy Mouselline Potatoes

--Red Wine

Baked Camembert with Pine Nuts, Bitter Marmalade

--White wine

Italian Style Tartufo with Nougat Ice Cream

--Dessert Wine

Homemade Biscotti & Amaretti, coffee & tea

In a word - incredible. Don't miss it.

Cindy

Sailing on Sea Princess 25th April - 9th May, will there be a Chefs Table for each 7 day cruise.

Where do I have to register when I board ? , also can you register for the 2nd week when you board ? Any tips on ensuring that my registration is successfull !

Like some of the other posts I do not like fish, but my partner loves it, so due to the fantastic reviews would love to give this a go, maybe I can supplement the fish with extra vino !

Lee

The menus change and are determined by the Chef (just like a Chef's Table in a land-based restaurant). That said, certain items do tend to show up often on the menus.

For those concerned about fish, the appetizers are passed while you are in the kitchen and you can choose not to take any of the ones with seafood, and generally there are enough to take an extra of another one or two to make up for it.

As for the allergies, that would be tough. The maitre d' generally has a meeting in advance of the event to determine if anyone has allergies, etc. But an egg allergry might be difficult to accommodate.

I just returned from a b2b cruise on the CB. I had attended the Chef's table last year and wanted to do it again. I gave my name to the maitre 'd Georgio at our M&G the first week and said I was interested in attending the second week. I received a phone call later in the week and was asked if I had attended a Chef's Table before and, if so, what was the menu served IF I remembered. Say what? How could I forget? Apparently they have three basic menus and will make sure you get a different one. Georgio said that anyone with allergies would not be able to attend. Great food, great wine and great company, again!

I attended the Chef's Table on the Grand last week and it was fantastic. On the 14-day itinerary, there were two Chef's Tables and I attended the second one as I forgot about signing up for the first one. I asked the Head Waiter in the Dining Room and he put me on the list. I thought I might not be picked as I have allergies to shellfish and don't like onions. I told the Maitre D that I would just skip anything that contained these foods and not to worry about it. However, the Chef made me alternatives to the foods that contained shellfish, which were delicious. A dinner like this, with the excellent wine, would probably have cost between $250 to $300 per person in a good restaurant so it was well worth the $75. We also got a mini wine tasting lesson as the wine steward explained each wine to us.

All this talk about the Chef's Table is getting me stoked for my Emerald cruise in Sept. Can't wait. On our recently completed Austrailian cruise on the Diamond, they unfortunetely did not offer the Chef's Table. I wasn a bit dissapointed....:(

Bob

Perhaps I was scanning too quickly, but I didn't see the question answered about where/how to sign up for the Chef's Table. I'd love to know!

You should plan to sign up just as soon as you can after boarding as this is becoming a popular event. You can either call the DINE number from your cabin and ask them to put your name down or you can go in search of the maitre d' (or one of his assistants); his office is just off one of the dining rooms. This is what I did -- I wanted to be able to tell him in person how MUCH I was hoping for the chance to participate....

Make sure you do it as soon as you get onboard. It will fill up quickly.....

Good Luck

Bob

Has anyone started or thought of starting a spreadsheat to keep track of our roll call members, cabin locations, etc. We did one last yeear on the Emerald T/A and it was great. It was a very useful and informative tool and answered tons of questions we all had.

Bob

Archived