parking at Port Everglades

rosehill

I am on the feb 28th Emerald ou tof Port Everglades. I've read recently that the parking at the terminals went up to $15 per day from 12. In addition for those of you cruising that day, there will be no less than 8 ships arriving that morning and then departing in the afternoon......... Keep this in mind if your planning on parking at the terminal.

I am on the feb 28th Emerald ou tof Port Everglades. I've read recently that the parking at the terminals went up to $15 per day from 12. In addition for those of you cruising that day, there will be no less than 8 ships arriving that morning and then departing in the afternoon......... Keep this in mind if your planning on parking at the terminal.

That's correct about the $15 per day charge. You can verify that here:

(http://www.broward.org/port/cruise_passengerinfo_parking.htm)

Do keep in mind, however, that while there may be 8 ships in port that day, not all of them will be using the Northport parking area. Terminals 1, 2, and 4 use that area, so check the port schedule to see the activity in those terminals that day.

These are the ships that will be in port; six, not eight.

28-Feb-200918752Navigator Of The Seas Carnival Freedom Eurodam Emerald Princess Ruby Princess MSC Orchestra

Of these, you need only concern yourself with Emerald and Ruby. The Ruby will most likely be at #2, with adjacent parking and the Emerald should be at #18, which also has adjacent parking. #18 is the one that could fill up fast due to other ships in that location. Just get there early, regardless of which ship you're on.

Another option-we always park at Park N' Fly (I think that is the name!), which is in the POrt Everglades area, just take a right at the traffic light when you get off the interstate. They have a shuttle that picks you up at your car and then picks you up after the cruise. It is a few dollars less per day, and give a nice discount if you are a AAA member.

I also leave on Feb 28 - on the Ruby - since terminal # 2 is Princess's primary and both Emerald and Ruby will be in port - I was not sure where to park. I called the port authorities and ask. I was told that the Ruby was using terminal # 2 and the Emerald terminal # 18.

Once I had a similar problem - leaving from #18 coming back to #2 - so I dropped my wife and luggage off @ # 18 - drove over and parked @ #2 - got a cab for a few dollars back to # 18 and off I went. This way when we came back I was able to walk off and to my car. A bit of a hassle at the beginning saved time at the end...

Does anyone know if the Island Princess tends to use the same berth for embark/debark? I know nothing is guaranteed in life, but, if they tend to not use the same, I'd rather follow ThisisLou's idea.

Thanks!

Tends to, IF its departures and arrivals are mid-week.....if it departs or arrives on a weekend, then the other regular "weekend" ships will go from the main Princess pier

Does anyone know if the Island Princess tends to use the same berth for embark/debark? I know nothing is guaranteed in life, but, if they tend to not use the same, I'd rather follow ThisisLou's idea.

Thanks!

The Island can use either pier, since it will be the only Princess ship in port on the 24th. I'm betting on #2, their main pier.

Tends to, IF its departures and arrivals are mid-week.....if it departs or arrives on a weekend, then the other regular "weekend" ships will go from the main Princess pier

Chrysalis - Thanks. We are a Tues departure and a Friday return.

The Island can use either pier, since it will be the only Princess ship in port on the 24th. I'm betting on #2, their main pier.

Pia - Thanks. I sort of guessed that may be it - but figured someone may have a better idea.

Chrysalis - Thanks. We are a Tues departure and a Friday return.

Pia - Thanks. I sort of guessed that may be it - but figured someone may have a better idea.

You also come back on April 3rd, and nobody else is in FLL except MSC. Port will be very quiet that Friday.

We have the same issue next week. I can determine where embarkation is and we'll guess that the Island will be at 2 on the return since she is the only Princess ship in port.

Are you out on the 22nd and back on the 3rd? Then yes.......nobody but the Westerdam in port on the 3rd. However, on the 22nd you will probably leave out of #18, since the Crown is leaving on that day too.

Anyone care to guess what happens when both the Crown and the Coral Princess are in port together? The only Princess ship to depart Port Everglades on April 5th is the Crown Princess but I see the day we return, April 12th both the Crown and The Coral are in port.

This is the only other time we're leaving out of Port Everglades on Princess and since we never made it back last time I was really looking forward to getting off the ship and simply walking to the car! I really hope that we go back to where we left from.

Anyone care to guess what happens when both the Crown and the Coral Princess are in port together? The only Princess ship to depart Port Everglades on April 5th is the Crown Princess but I see the day we return, April 12th both the Crown and The Coral are in port.

This is the only other time we're leaving out of Port Everglades on Princess and since we never made it back last time I was really looking forward to getting off the ship and simply walking to the car! I really hope that we go back to where we left from.

I would guess that the Coral, being the smaller ship, would end up at 18. Sorry........I know that's not what you want to hear.

How often do the shuttles run between the parking garages? Can you walk it?

I don't know about the frequency of shuttles, but I do know you can't walk it. Here is a link to the map of the port. North entrance is at 17th St. (see garage entrance opposite berth 2)

http://www.porteverglades.org/directions-port-everglades.htm

On our last cruise from FLL, we arrived at the parking garage at about 2:00. Everything was filled except for the roof. Lots of ships in port. Glad we at least found that space. I wonder what happened to those who arrived much later. We dropped off passengers and luggage first, then the men took the car to the garage and then came and joined the rest of us for embarkation.

Another option-we always park at Park N' Fly (I think that is the name!), which is in the POrt Everglades area, just take a right at the traffic light when you get off the interstate. They have a shuttle that picks you up at your car and then picks you up after the cruise. It is a few dollars less per day, and give a nice discount if you are a AAA member.

This sounds like a nice option. I may check this out next time so thanks for posting it :)

I would guess that the Coral, being the smaller ship, would end up at 18. Sorry........I know that's not what you want to hear.

Actually that's fine because I'm on the Crown. I'm hoping that the Crown both departs and arrives back at 2 so if I park in the parking garage I can walk back over to the car easily.

You also come back on April 3rd, and nobody else is in FLL except MSC. Port will be very quiet that Friday.

Pia - I looked at the link posted earlier and thought there were like 6 ships in that day (when we return - 5 when we leave - no other Princess ships though)...which link to the port are you using? THANKS!

I'm leaving on the 28th of February for 10m days on the Emerald. I just booked parking at United Airport Parking which is 1 mile from Princess Terminal. The cost was $80.00. Free shuttle to and from is provided..............

Archived