How to change seating?

sandravb79

How do I change the "seating" on a reservation?

TA tells me I'm confirmed for early seating, I definitely want late seating, TA doesn't want to find out how to change it and says I have to change it. I can't find nowhere on the My Celebrity how/ where to do it.

is it possible to change it online? Can it be changed once we are on board??

Please help!!

Thanks

How do I change the "seating" on a reservation?

TA tells me I'm confirmed for early seating, I definitely want late seating, TA doesn't want to find out how to change it and says I have to change it. I can't find nowhere on the My Celebrity how/ where to do it.

is it possible to change it online? Can it be changed once we are on board??

Please help!!

Thanks

As soon as you board, go straight to the dining room and meet with the maitre'd who will attempt to change your seating assignment. I'm thinking it shouldn't be a problem as most people prefer early dining.

Hi Sandra:)If you call Celebrity directly they will probably tell you

your TA needs to make the change:eek:.

But you could try and call them yourself and see what they say.

The best suggestion I can give you is after boarding the ship

to go see the Maitr'd. He is set up outside of the Dining Room

starting about 12:30pm. They are usually quite helpful and

let him know you want change from early to late.

Lots of folks go there to check on their table, see where they

are seated, change times, etc.

You should have no problem. On every cruise I've been on there has been a wait list for early seating, but plenty of space available for late. As soon as you board the ship, ask where the dining staff is set up to make changes (They always are), and see them. They'll get you accomodated.

Harris

Denver, CO

This is what I did. I had a booking through a TA. I cancelled it, made a new booking on-line. I then called up Celebrity and go the same cabin number that I had originally booked. I now have the option to make most of the option changes on my own. I can choose the airport transfer options on my own. When I had the booking through the agent, many of these tabs did not appear on my on-line account.

I would never ever make a booking through the agent. There is no benefit. I would rather do my own research on these wonderful forums and make my own booking and choose the options that I want. I originally went through the agent thinking I would get a better deal. But apparently not. Changes in fares are reported instantly on this forum and a TA would not keep checking this for you.

why is your TA being so difficult about trying to change your rquested seating? is it too late?

It is so easy for TA to do it. Takes like 30 seconds on line......... wow

As said on an earlier thread, booking from Belgium has been a real nightmare.

There is no such thing as "customer service" here, unless you are awfully snooty and you show you are filthy rich and book very expensive trips at said TA. I only booked the cruise through them, well, I only paid through them after booking online on Celebrity-website. No flights, no hotels, no cars, ... No snooty-ness from my side (I think ;) ) => I don't think they like me :D

Oh, I do know however they confirmed the cruise not through Celebrity's "connection" here in Belgium, so can't even contact those. * breathe in, breathe out, be zen *

I will see the maitre d on the first day, thanks for all the replies! :D

As mentioned before, go see the maitre'd as soon as you can. They are not always set up if you board too early. They are often in the Rendesvouz Lounge or sometimes outside the Dining Room. Someone will tell you where. Should be a snap because there are many more requests for early dining than late. Sorry you have such a stinky TA.

The system really is not user-friendly. IF you book through a TA, you HAVE to go through said TA to make any changes, such as dining or bed configuration. Wsate of everyone's time for minor details.

To me, the only advantage of using a TA is if you get a great perk--like last time I got prepaid gratuities, which I was happy to get. Otherwise I would just be king of my own realm and keep the control of these little issues.

IMO, your TA is useless--this is a very easy thing for them to do!

Cathy

Archived