Advice on Owners Suite

jane02

Hello,

If you had a choice, which OS would you book? I am waiting for the late 2010 itinery to be released and want to book immediately on the Barcelona to Istanbul cruise. As I am new to Oceania was hoping for any advice.

Thanks

We were in 6088 (deck 6 port side) for 28 days around South America. We chose it because it had more balcony space and was on the landward side. While engine noise was not a major problem, I think we would take deck 7 next time.

We have been in a deck 7 OS twice and I would take it again without question. Deck 6's patio area is bigger i.e. deeper but I am not sure what the advantage would be. We had plenty of room to comfortably eat breakfast outside which we did weather permitting. I would stay away from deck 8 due to the noise from the movement of furniture in Tapas/Terrace. Friends who were in the 8th deck OS also complained of a feeling of a lack of privacy with people looking down from Tapas/Terrace.

In short 1st choice deck 7, 2nd deck 6, lastly deck 8. Frankly I would prefer to spend the money on a PH rather than the deck 8 OS.

I am sure there will be many other opinions...............

I've noticed that Celebrity Solstice has shifted their most expensive cabins to midship, a change from the M-class. Perhaps Marina will be the same.

OP may have this additional option since Marina will likely be in Europe for a couple of months before coming home to Miami.

I always believe what Jan says because she knows ALL but we were very happy in 8067. Weren't bothered by noise at all.

When we were in a Vista on a later cruise (7004) we were very much bothered by noise from the anchors aweighing, but nothing else.

Loved the space ... and the jacuzzi.

Mura

• 1 month later...
Just book as fast as you can once they are. These suites tend to go fast!

You are not wrong there:rolleyes:. My TA booked for us as soon as the schedule was released and the only two OS left were 8067 & 6091. I have friends who have booked with us so we will take both of these cabins and hope that an OS on the 7th deck becomes available.

We just booked 7014 and are thrilled to have gotten our first choice. You'll love whichever OS you are in because the are all great.:)

do you mean 7114?

7014 is an A3 CAT

We've been in 6088, 7114 & 7119. Of the three we most enjoyed 6088. Never did hear much engine noise in 6088, although there was some vibration.

Because of DW's limited mobility, we've found that the port side suites are much better for her.

Which cruise did you book? We just booked 7014 and are thrilled to have gotten our first choice. You'll love whichever OS you are in because the are all great.:)

We have booked the Roman Revelations cruise (Barcelona to Istanbul) leaving Oct 1st 2010.

What are the extra "benefits" Oceania gives you for booking an Owners or Vista suite over a regular cabin? I am sure the answer to this question is on their website but I can't seem to find anything other than extra space, upgraded better and a laptop. Is the cost of internet included or just the laptop? Do you get any laundry, guaranteed reservations in the speciality restaurants, etc.? Thank you for the information.

Jane

We were in cabin 6088 aboard the Nautica last summer for the BCN-IST cruise stopping in Egypt and Israel. We never had complaints about engine vibrations and plan on booking the same cabin for 2010, but cannot decide upon the cruise. The size of the cabin was nice, but not as large as the OS on other cruise lines such as Holland America or Royal Caribbean. The balcony was large enough to relax in the sun or hide under the overhang.

More than anything else, we loved having butler service for those ports where we got back on board in the early evening and didn't want to rush to go to dinner. We had an idea the day or two before, so we would provide the butler with our meal selections and the time we wish to have dinner on the balcony. We would get to the cabin that evening and the table was nicely set and within a few minutes of our decided meal time, he would begin to arrive with the meal. We had family cruising with us and he never said anything about serving 4-6 of us at a time. I did tip him nicely, but I felt it was worth the extra money.

Jane

We were in cabin 6088 aboard the Nautica last summer for the BCN-IST cruise stopping in Egypt and Israel. We never had complaints about engine vibrations and plan on booking the same cabin for 2010, but cannot decide upon the cruise. The size of the cabin was nice, but not as large as the OS on other cruise lines such as Holland America or Royal Caribbean. The balcony was large enough to relax in the sun or hide under the overhang.

More than anything else, we loved having butler service for those ports where we got back on board in the early evening and didn't want to rush to go to dinner. We had an idea the day or two before, so we would provide the butler with our meal selections and the time we wish to have dinner on the balcony. We would get to the cabin that evening and the table was nicely set and within a few minutes of our decided meal time, he would begin to arrive with the meal. We had family cruising with us and he never said anything about serving 4-6 of us at a time. I did tip him nicely, but I felt it was worth the extra money.

Thats great. We always get an OS when we cruise. I love the extra space and benefits. Did you enjoy the cruise and ports? I haven't spoken to anyone who has done this particular cruise so would be interested in any feedback.

Which month did you cruise?;)

Are there any "motion" issues with the VS or OS, other than vibration or noise from above? Is it smooth sailing in the aft cabins? What about in higher seas? My daughter had the most forward ocean view cabin (right behind the Penthouse suite - owner's suite on O) on deck 6 of the Azamara Quest. It was not a good experience when we had 15 ft. seas. Also because, on that ship, it could be an adjoining cabin, and A had done nothing to sound proof the doorway, there were noise issues with a loud family in the Penthouse, but noise problems can go both ways. Here, we are talking about aft cabins on O, any similarities?

Archived