Inletcam site down??

dblane

HELLO ALL!

Here's the issue - in simple terms.

Last week I had to order a new web server for InletCam in able to support all the traffic it receives. There is a TON of bandwidth associated with web cams.

Along with the new server came a new IP address assigned to it. After a server receives a new IP for a domain name (inletcam.com) you must let the other servers throughout the world know it did so. The other servers that feed your web browser need to update their systems (or clear their cache) in order for the domain name to resolve to the new server IP, and no longer to the old one.

The problem is not all systems across the world update the same way at the same time. Some will update in as little as 4 hours while others take up to three days - this is what is currently happening at InletCam and it is why some are able to view right now and some aren't. (We're at about 85% viewing)

The process of DNS updating is completely out of my control, especially if your ISP has cached web pages. It's as frustrating to me as it is for the viewers. It has even effected my email services.

If in a few days you are still having problems viewing InletCam you might want to do the following - use your own discretion.

1) Unplug your modem (and router if applicable). Both power and line in.

2) Power down your PC

3) Go do something for about an hour

4) Come back and plug in your modem, wait one minute, plug in your router (if applicable). Make sure all lines and power are working

5) Power up your PC and go to http://www.inletcam.com/

Hopefully this will have cleared your ISP cache and you can now view the live cruise ship cam page.

Thanks all for visiting. We should be back to 100% soon. I'm still taking video and photos of all the ships. SUPPORT INLETCAM!

:)

I'm still not able to view the site. Will wait and keep checking. We have AT&T U-Verse, if it doesn't fix itself will have to get in touch with them.

Wiley thanks for info. I was dissappointed not to see sailaway:(, watched the sunny.org beach cam site and saw ships go off in the distance, but hard to see who they were. Just not the same as inletcam.

Good ol ATT is the problem!

They have yet to reset their DNS - even after 4 days.

I think a few other server systems use att servers as well.

I have emailed them but doubt I'll get any resolve. Will just have to wait it out.

Most all others are able to view without any problems.

Hello, InletCam!!

Really enjoyed finally seeing your digs on the inlet Sunday, 2/22. We were waving like crazy from the Solstice port aft corner, one deck lower than the very very top (Lawn Club). Four adults and 3 kids, almost all in sunglasses; I was wearing a white 3/4 sleeve T-top, DH was in a polo shirt, at least one of the kids was wearing bright orange. Standing near and/or behind the 'life ring' hung inside the clear railing glass...

If there's any chance you caught a pic of us, where/when would we be able to see and purchase it?

Thanks again for all you do!!!!!!!

Dawn

Hello, InletCam!!

Really enjoyed finally seeing your digs on the inlet Sunday, 2/22. We were waving like crazy from the Solstice port aft corner, one deck lower than the very very top (Lawn Club). Four adults and 3 kids, almost all in sunglasses; I was wearing a white 3/4 sleeve T-top, DH was in a polo shirt, at least one of the kids was wearing bright orange. Standing near and/or behind the 'life ring' hung inside the clear railing glass...

If there's any chance you caught a pic of us, where/when would we be able to see and purchase it?

Thanks again for all you do!!!!!!!

Dawn

Of course I took your family pic!

Can you send me an email via the link on the InletCam page?

Thanks

I'm still not able to view the site. Will wait and keep checking. We have AT&T U-Verse, if it doesn't fix itself will have to get in touch with them.

Wiley thanks for info. I was dissappointed not to see sailaway:(, watched the sunny.org beach cam site and saw ships go off in the distance, but hard to see who they were. Just not the same as inletcam.

I put in 3 requests to update DNS with ATT. I'm so frustrated with them I dropped DSL service and am sticking with cable internet. Speeds are much faster too. Hopefuly they will resolve this soon. It should have only taken 1-2 days.

Sorry for the delay.

Of course I took your family pic!

Can you send me an email via the link on the InletCam page?

Thanks

Oh, wow!! You are THE BEST!!!!

Will send you the email right away...

couldn't possibly thank you enough!!!!

Dawn

Oh, wow!! You are THE BEST!!!!

Will send you the email right away...

couldn't possibly thank you enough!!!!

Dawn

If for some reason I dont receive your email I believe I have your address on file and will send you the details in a little while.

:)

You can also do a google search on ipconfig /flushdns

It's an easy step that might solve the problem. Find the instructions based on your operating system version (Vista, XP, MAC etc).

Archived