Going on the voyager & kinda worried----please reply!!!!

Im sailing the Voyager in 4 weeks and I am kinda worried b/c I am new to Royal and I will be about 16 weeks pregnant on the ship. Im needing some detailed answers...

1. What are the best routes to everything from fwd rooms?

2. I have a Deck 8 Promenade Room--How nice are they, what is included in the room, etc?

3. Do I have to purchase a juice card? What beverages are complimentary?

4. What are some of the best onboard activities for me?

5. Are there any good excursions that would be easy on my body?

6. Do I need to inform anyone in particular of my pregnancy once onboard?

7. How is the medical staff onboard?

8. If you have stayed in a promenade room please give your input.

9. What do I NOT have to pack?

10. Can I get assistance at the pier if needed (my hubby wont be there to tote everything)?

Anything else I left out that you feel I should know then please mention it. Your responses are greatly appreciated;)

They only offer "soda cards" and they are good for sodas----juice is avail for breakfast..you can fill up a container for later, if you wish. Water, tea, (iced and hot) coffee, milk, lemonade and juice at breakfast are all included. Only alcohol and soda (and some "fancy" coffees) have an additional charge.

Sitting by the pool is a good "activity"--that's the only one I do!

You don't need to tell anyone you're pregnant.

Don't count on the medical staff for anything except "routine" maladies...cut, bruise, sprain, tummyache....if you need "emergency care", they're likely to ship you to the nearest hospital...

There are porters at the pier--tip about $1-2 per bag. They'll do the "schlepping" for you!

As far as "routes" go--just look at the deck plans---they're posted at every elevator bank.

You don't need towels for the pool or beach. You don't need 3 outfits per day! There is a hairdryer, but I prefer my own---the one in the cabin is like a hotel dryer--doesn't blow hard enough.

I can't answer most of these questions. However!

2. I have a Deck 8 Promenade Room--How nice are they, what is included in the room, etc?

10. Can I get assistance at the pier if needed (my hubby wont be there to tote everything)?

We've stayed in the promenade rooms before and like them... it's your basic inside room: beds, tiny bathroom, little TV, little sofa/loveseat, etc., plus a sort of bay window that looks out onto the promenade. It's become our preferred type of room on the Voyager ships -- we tend to book a cheaper room because we spend very little time in the room besides sleeping, but my wife likes having the little bit of light and scenery the promenade room offers over a normal inside.

Usually there are porters at the pier to help you out if you need it.

You don't need to tell anyone you're pregnant.

Actually she does have to advice RCCL about her pregnancy in advance:

Royal Caribbean International cannot accept guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or cruisetour. A physician's "Fit to Travel" note is required prior to sailing, stating how far along (in weeks) your pregnancy will be at the beginning of the cruise and confirming that you are in good health and not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. The "Fit to Travel" note should be faxed to the Access Department at 1-954-628-9622. Please contact us at 1-866-592-7225 or at special_needs@rccl.com if you have already booked a cruise or cruisetour and do not meet this requirement.

You can get a small size map of the ship at the pursers desk.

We had a promenade in Feb last year. I really liked it.

Take a couple of books, your ipod and comfortable shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen. Toiletries onboard tend to be pricey so take what you think you will need or pick them up on port days.

Have fun!!! Don't miss the ice shows. You have to get tickets. They will give you a daily compass that tells you of all the activities aboard .

I was about the same no. of weeks pregnant when I went on Voyager and stayed in a promenade room. The promenade room was great for the evenings when I was really getting tired and just want to veg out in the room. I would sometimes just sit for a while at the window seat and watch everyone down on the promenade.

I don't think you are able to use the jacuzzi while pregnant.

Enjoy the rest while you can :)

Check as many bags with the porter at the cruise terminal so you won't have much to hand carry. What you do not check you will have to carry yourself.

The cruiseline has copies of the deck plans on its website you can print out, as do some cruise travel agenies. You can also request a brochure in advance and cut out the Voyager deck plans from that. Or you can do an online search for cruise deck plans and locate some as well. That way you can familiarize yourself with the ship before boarding.

There are walking/jogging tracks, a full gym, exercize classes, putt putt, swimming and lots of walking around the ship to keep you physically active. There are trivia contests and other games as well. There are lots of shows in the evening.

As for excursions, check the RCI website to see what they are offering that interests you. There is always sight-seeing and shopping, too. See what others on your roll call will be doing. You have checked in with your roll call, haven't you?

Bon voyage!

Patti

Once you know where the elevators are in relation to your room you can find everything from there. On each deck at the elevators there is a cross section of the ship in the center of the lobby that tells you where all of the main things are on each deck. It is easy to use.

Coffee, tea, orange and tomato juices are the ones I know of being free.

Don't miss Quest. It is a late night fun game. You can sit and watch everyone else make fools of them self. Be prepared to laugh!

Each night you will receive in your room a Cruise Compass that lists all of the activities the next day. Pick whatever interests you.

Lots of them. Look in your cruise docs or on-line.

YES! See the post above

Generally pretty good but expensive. Cruise insurance solves the cost problem in most cases.

On formal nights you should, as a minimum, dress up nicely in the dining room. Formal wear is suggested, not required. Other than that pack for any normal vacation. Bring some beach/water shoes.

There will be porters there to handle you luggage.

I suggest a carry on bag with your meds, a book, camera, etc. You can not get into your cabin until 1 pm and your luggage could not arrive until after dinner.

You might want to consider a small roller bag to haul around with you until you get into your cabin. It can hold more stuff.

I was about the same no. of weeks pregnant when I went on Voyager and stayed in a promenade room. The promenade room was great for the evenings when I was really getting tired and just want to veg out in the room. I would sometimes just sit for a while at the window seat and watch everyone down on the promenade.

I don't think you are able to use the jacuzzi while pregnant.

Enjoy the rest while you can :)

Thanks. That makes me feel alot better about going. I tend to get tired easily and probably cannot keep up with my usual go go go cruise attitude. This will be a more relaxing mellow vacation with the girls. I knew there was a window seat in the Promenade rooms but did not think of lying there if I got worn out earlier than the rest. However, I will be on deck 8 so I am not sure what all I will actually be able to see from way up there. LOL. But it is nice to know. I will probably be hitting up the spa a few times. I have been to the destinations twice on other ships so I won't be too bummed if I just stay onboard and lie in the Solarium with a VIRGIN pina colada while the others run wild. :)

As others have said, it's quite easy to get around Voyager class ships.

All I would add is that there are 3 ways we usually go forward or aft:

Deck 11 through the pool area.

Deck 5 through the Promenade.

Deck 4 on the outside.

There are times when the Promenade is unpassable, such as during the parades or the 70's dance party. That's when you can go down to deck 4 and walk outside.

You can also walk the length of the ship on decks 6 thru 10 through the stateroom corridors, but that's not as scenic as the other ways.

If up to it enjoy the stairs-your body will be happy. you can walk the jogging track too.

there are bottle water packages- from 8 bottles up. I really enjoyed that. saves money too.

you can sit and people watch from several bar ideas and enjoy the piano player at night. maybe you can go to a beach and sit under the shade thing and have lunch.

when are you going?/ i am going in 4 weeks?? we have a nice RC too.

Im sailing the Voyager in 4 weeks and I am kinda worried b/c I am new to Royal and I will be about 16 weeks pregnant on the ship. Im needing some detailed answers...

Anything else I left out that you feel I should know then please mention it. Your responses are greatly appreciated;)

First pregnancy, hah? Don't think you have anything to worry about if you've got your doctor's clearance to take the cruise. Go, relax and enjoy!!!!

I will be on deck 8 so I am not sure what all I will actually be able to see from way up there. LOL.

We were on Deck 7 and I didn't have to get my binoculars out, so you'll be able to "people watch" just fine from Deck 8:D. I seem to remember that the windows curved out a little making it easier to see, but then I was suffering from "pregnancy brain" at the time and it was 5 years ago:D Perhaps someone else could clarify this for you.

Thanks. That makes me feel alot better about going. I tend to get tired easily and probably cannot keep up with my usual go go go cruise attitude. This will be a more relaxing mellow vacation with the girls. I knew there was a window seat in the Promenade rooms but did not think of lying there if I got worn out earlier than the rest. However, I will be on deck 8 so I am not sure what all I will actually be able to see from way up there. LOL. But it is nice to know. I will probably be hitting up the spa a few times. I have been to the destinations twice on other ships so I won't be too bummed if I just stay onboard and lie in the Solarium with a VIRGIN pina colada while the others run wild. :)

Sounds like you are an experienced cruiser and, since you have posted three threads on this topic, I'm sure you're getting tons of valuable info.... so I'll just address the ones that are specific to your cabin on this ship.

Check the deck plans and locate the two banks of elevators...deck 3 does not go all the way through, if I recall.

These are standard sized cabins that include the normal stuff.....bed, closet, TV, dressing table, bathroom with shower only, very few electrical outlets.....take a surge protector with multiple outlets.

Complimentary drinks are tea, water, coffee, and sometimes lemonade

Check the Compass....you have to make that decision for yourself.

Check the excursion brochure....the easy ones are marked as such.

Already answered by another CCer

Don't know....didn't use them, thank goodness.

They are very cool....you should love your cabin. They are not big, by any means, but the bay window is really cool.

This list could go on and on......as an experienced cruiser, I'm sure you know the answer.....

Yes

Don't count on the medical staff for anything except "routine" maladies...cut, bruise, sprain, tummyache....if you need "emergency care", they're likely to ship you to the nearest hospital...

Very unfair comment...the medical staff on Explorer in Dec were wonderful and very helpful...they have a lab and hospital rooms...I was suffering from Vertigo on a very rocky ship...my blood pressure was up and my electrolytes were down and they gave me intervenous and went thru my meds and put me on med that helped me to get thru the rest of the cruise...

Once you know where the elevators are in relation to your room you can find everything from there. On each deck at the elevators there is a cross section of the ship in the center of the lobby that tells you where all of the main things are on each deck. It is easy to use.

Coffee, tea, orange and tomato juices are the ones I know of being free.

Don't miss Quest. It is a late night fun game. You can sit and watch everyone else make fools of them self. Be prepared to laugh!

Each night you will receive in your room a Cruise Compass that lists all of the activities the next day. Pick whatever interests you.

Lots of them. Look in your cruise docs or on-line.

YES! See the post above

Generally pretty good but expensive. Cruise insurance solves the cost problem in most cases.

On formal nights you should, as a minimum, dress up nicely in the dining room. Formal wear is suggested, not required. Other than that pack for any normal vacation. Bring some beach/water shoes.

There will be porters there to handle you luggage.

I suggest a carry on bag with your meds, a book, camera, etc. You can not get into your cabin until 1 pm and your luggage could not arrive until after dinner.

You might want to consider a small roller bag to haul around with you until you get into your cabin. It can hold more stuff.

Tomato juice is no longer "free". It is now considered a premium beverage and there is now a charge for it.

Follow the RCi guidelines. Also, you will be referred should any weird medical situation occur, to a local hospital.

Cruise lines have coverged these contingenies for years and years.

You should check regarding your medical insurance, most DO NOT cover you while you are out of the US. Inquire about trip insurance (there are time restraints and pre-existing conditions you will need to be aware of....)

But, we cruised during several of my wife's pregnancy....it is not a problem, teach your husband to yell..."clear the way pregnant woman coming though!!!!) I got away with it once, second time, got smacked up side the head by my prego wife...stopped doing it after that.

If up to it enjoy the stairs-your body will be happy. you can walk the jogging track too.

there are bottle water packages- from 8 bottles up. I really enjoyed that. saves money too.

you can sit and people watch from several bar ideas and enjoy the piano player at night. maybe you can go to a beach and sit under the shade thing and have lunch.

when are you going?/ i am going in 4 weeks?? we have a nice RC too.

We are going on the Voyager March 29-April 5th

Follow the RCi guidelines. Also, you will be referred should any weird medical situation occur, to a local hospital.

Cruise lines have coverged these contingenies for years and years.

You should check regarding your medical insurance, most DO NOT cover you while you are out of the US. Inquire about trip insurance (there are time restraints and pre-existing conditions you will need to be aware of....)

But, we cruised during several of my wife's pregnancy....it is not a problem, teach your husband to yell..."clear the way pregnant woman coming though!!!!) I got away with it once, second time, got smacked up side the head by my prego wife...stopped doing it after that.

Hahaha funny and a good one. But my hubby is staying home this trip. It is just going to be me and some friends of mine. We had booked this way before I found out I was expecting.

Actually she does have to advice RCCL about her pregnancy in advance:

Royal Caribbean International cannot accept guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or cruisetour. A physician's "Fit to Travel" note is required prior to sailing, stating how far along (in weeks) your pregnancy will be at the beginning of the cruise and confirming that you are in good health and not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. The "Fit to Travel" note should be faxed to the Access Department at 1-954-628-9622. Please contact us at 1-866-592-7225 or at special_needs@rccl.com if you have already booked a cruise or cruisetour and do not meet this requirement.

Make sure to carry the fit to travel document with you as you board just in case. Nothing worse than a missing fax document that causes you extra stress while trying to get aboard.

Have a great cruise, don't worry you will have a blast.

Since you will be on the forward part of the ship, you have easy access to the shows in the theater, wihch is on the front of the ship decks 3 and 4. You will have a long walk to get your meals, the dining rooms are at the back of the ship on decks 3-5. Windjammer buffet is on deck 11.

I'm not sure of your itinerary, but if you are going to Roatan, there is a nice island near the ship called FinsNFlippers where you can enjoy the day for $20-25 per person. It has a shuttle boat near the pier to take you to the island, and the ride is only 3 minutes. They have a nice snorkeling pier, pool area, clean restroom/changing area, bar and outdoor restaurant.

Archived