Royal Champions

Admin

No I'm not telling you that. I have been around for 2 days, please excuse me if I missed the first 2. :rolleyes:

What I understood (and again pardon me but I'm sure as he** not wading thru the last 2 days of posts) was that the RCers were chosen to "passionately discuss" RCCL cruising here at CC and perhaps even another mega-cruise board. I also understood that "perks" were given to these chosen people. I will ask you again, are you telling me that you have not been extended any of these perks when you were picked to be a RCer?

Goes to show how people can read the same information and get different meaning out of it.

I understood that RC's were picked because they already passionately disscussed cruising, and were positive towards RCI. And that the pre-inaugaral cruises were given so that RCI could monitor their responses. Like giving someone a survey about product. Apparently some critiqued the new "Nation of Why Not" website as well. Now if these RCs loved the new ship or the information they saw and talked positively about it - all the better.

But in my understanding - no one ever told them to post positive reviews, or to post anything at all. They were never told why they were picked, they were never made to understand that the pre-inaugural cruise or the invitation to the Oasis event was a "perk" in return for "talking up" RCI. Many of them didn't receive either "perk" because they didn't attend. They didn't spend their own money travelling their and take the time to go.

Travel agents and media are invited to these events all the time - would people not use a travel agent if you found out they had been invited to an event like this?

I don't quite get the uproar over this - part of it seems to a confusion about two different marketing strategies that were mentioned in that marketing website that was posted. One section talked about the RCs - another different section talked about viral marketing - they were two separate strategies from what I understand. Sorry if I don't have all the correct terminology from that marketing website - I am doing this from memory and need to get off for my karate lesson!

Having read just about every Post on this including a lot of the "pulled" ones" I have a suggestion.

Since we do not appear to have an independant Chairman at this meeting can I attempt to sum up , as I understand it, we have two polarised factions.

One believes that RCL did nothing wrong, that CC handled the initial disclosure well and that NO RC can be bought.

The other believes that RCL were less than honest, that CC didn't cover itself in glory and that NO RC can ever be trusted again.

Therefore people why don't we all agree to disagree, wind up the meeting and all go out for a well earned Dram ?

Luv

Cy:)

Il be round on Friday to collect mine .................. you buying Hic Hic

Firefly333,

The thread was started on the main boards and is now on Float-a-Way. It is called "The Internet Coalition to Stamp Out Whining". And just as an FYI it was started by an RC right about the time some people started talking about the RC Program on CC after various media forms and statements by RCL shone a light on the Program.

It is basically a club (I guess?) to whine about posters who are supposedly whiners. Didn't seem to have any other meaning but a negative one. Negative, whining thread complaining about supposed negative, whining CCers. The intent seemed to be "Stamp em out! Some people even put in their signatures that they were members or founders of the "Coalition".

Nice, uh?

Hey by the way, we are practically neighbors (or at least in the same Metro area) we are in Colleyville.

Colleen

Hi Colleen, I am not sure when the RC threads started back last year when someone got the first email from the new group that I remember, there have been lots of threads since then. I cant think that the threads about whiners and RC are connected?? beats me.

email any time, my email is in my profile. Im usually around except Im going up to the panhandle this weekend.

They were never told why they were picked, they were never made to understand that the pre-inaugural cruise or the invitation to the Oasis event was a "perk" in return for "talking up" RCI. Many of them didn't receive either "perk" because they didn't attend. !

I wasnt even aware some had been invited to attend the Oasis "event". I wasnt, even though Im on their list. I do have a Carnival cruise at the same time Oasis arrives in Florida, so I couldnt have gone ..... and have Oasis booked. Maybe since I already booked Oasis I didnt get this invite? What invite was this?

we didn't "sign up" to anything. there's no contract either verbal or written,

lmao!!!!! No matter how many say this, it doesnt seem to get thru to anyone asking and making assumptions.

I gave RCL my contact info .... which they of course already had, thats it. period.

I wasnt even aware some had been invited to attend the Oasis "event". I wasnt, even though Im on their list. I do have a Carnival cruise at the same time Oasis arrives in Florida, so I couldnt have gone ..... and have Oasis booked. Maybe since I already booked Oasis I didnt get this invite? What invite was this?

We werent RCs at the time of the Oasis Event in NYC.

Firefly333,

The thread was started on the main boards and is now on Float-a-Way. It is called "The Internet Coalition to Stamp Out Whining". And just as an FYI it was started by an RC right about the time some people started talking about the RC Program on CC after various media forms and statements by RCL shone a light on the Program.

It is basically a club (I guess?) to whine about posters who are supposedly whiners. Didn't seem to have any other meaning but a negative one. Negative, whining thread complaining about supposed negative, whining CCers. The intent seemed to be "Stamp em out! Some people even put in their signatures that they were members or founders of the "Coalition".

Nice, uh?

Hey by the way, we are practically neighbors (or at least in the same Metro area) we are in Colleyville.

Colleen

Colleen, I believe the anti-whiners started out after a guy from MA started a thread complaining that RCs were getting perks that he wasn't. He is "almost Diamond Plus" and was angry that they were given a status based on # of posts rather than number of cruises taken or amount of money spent with the line. He complained that since he isn't retired he can't post as much as those who are. It seemed very whiny to me but others seem to agree with him obviously. Anyway I'm not really sure what consequence it has. They aren't in a position to "stamp out whining." They don't moderate the board.

And for full disclosure, I asked to be included in the group. Sometimes it seems like there are a lot discussions about complaints rather than the fun of cruising.

And you didn't think by accepting perks you might have to return a favour lol

jj.....

What dont you get??? No perks have been offered, so none accepted?

I was given to understand I might have to take a poll or offer my opinion on something, and since I have the time I said sure.

there was a link on another thread explaining that this was a focus group, which I found interesting. They choose people across a broad spectrum, from teens to retirees. People who already liked RCL.

Coincidence??? I have mostly stayed out of these discussions as I said because who wants to get their neck chopped off over something that they have not had any explanation of what it is from RCL?

RC's go check your emails .... I just got a explanation. Here is a excerpt. coincidence or did everyone just get a email from RCL? lolololol. strange that this came just as I was jumping in and putting my neck out.

Maybe Im not supposed to quote a private email?? removed it.

So you just agreed to join something and accept perks lol

jj......

You know ending a slanderous post with lol doesn't really mitigate the slander.:mad:

I think you need to report yourself again.:rolleyes:

jc

Coincidence??? I have mostly stayed out of these discussions as I said because who wants to get their neck chopped off over something that they have not had any explanation of what it is from RCL?

RC's go check your emails .... I just got a explanation. Here is a excerpt. coincidence or did everyone just get a email from RCL? lolololol. strange that this came just as I was jumping in and putting my neck out.

You werent the only one..

Hi Colleen, I am not sure when the RC threads started back last year when someone got the first email from the new group that I remember, there have been lots of threads since then. I cant think that the threads about whiners and RC are connected?? beats me.

email any time, my email is in my profile. Im usually around except Im going up to the panhandle this weekend.

We will be in Denver this weekend. Have a fun trip and a great weekend.

Does a Champion - CC or RCCL have a copy of what the CHAMPIONS signed up too ?

jj.....

As Paul said, there was nothing to sign up for. "would you like to go on a preinaugural cruise on Liberty?" "Hell, yes!" "We'll send you a confirmation." The only thing I signed was the standard information sheet that would allow me to board (they don't use the Set Sail pass on pre-inaugurals)

So you just agreed to join something and accept perks lol

jj......

I didn't agree to join anything.

And you didn't think by accepting perks you might have to return a favour lol jj.....

Nope. If RCI wants to put me on a ship for free and ply me with liquor in the process, they can't come back AFTER the fact and demand "payment" for it. Contracts don't work that way.

On the other hand, they were apparently boneheaded enough to build a gazillion dollar ship without having secured long term financing for it, so they may well have had that expectation.:rolleyes:

Archived