Boarding Policy

DP

We will be arriving at the Brooklyn terminal around 10:30 a.m. due to an early flight. Never cruised on Princess before and wondered what their boarding procedure is. Will we have to wait a long time?

We will be arriving at the Brooklyn terminal around 10:30 a.m. due to an early flight. Never cruised on Princess before and wondered what their boarding procedure is. Will we have to wait a long time?

I usually arrive at a terminal around 11a.m. Now sometimes you have to wait but at least you are in the terminal. I have seen where you start boarding at 11:30a.m. and beyond. Enjoy your cruise.

Marilyn

We won't have special boarding until after this next cruise so we will be in the regular boarding lines. Therefore, what is the best time to arrive at the port, specifically SF this time. I hear people talking about getting in line early as the previous poster mentioned and then some cruisers say wait until after 1 pm and there isn't a line. The last SF cruise was a nightmare, embarking and debarking all at the same time! FLL was awful because we had to take transport from the rental company at 10:30, the port workers had us waiting in the parking garage with buses and taxi's practically poisening us. Sooo, what's the best time, what works best for folks?

Hi Folks,

The entire issue of special boarding I believe depends upon the departure port.

For Platinum and Elite at FLL, there is a special boarding lounge. Last year we did a 6 day coastal (LAX/YVR) but there was certainly no special boarding area (with refreshments and sandwiches as in FLL) at the World Cruise Centre. We were just herded through the boarding process along with everyone else. Can't really complain as we were onboard in 20 minutes (the most organized of Princess embarkation efforts).

Perhaps Irish Jayne, LARGIN or Mii might be able to cfm this but I don't believe the old barn in SFO has a dedicated Platinum/Elite lounge either.

Ciao for now!!!

For Platinum and Elite at FLL, there is a special boarding lounge. Last year we did a 6 day coastal (LAX/YVR) but there was certainly no special boarding area (with refreshments and sandwiches as in FLL) at the World Cruise Centre

Geez, now I feel cheated...I boarded the Crown last December in FLL for the first time as a Platinum member. We had refreshments and pasteries but no sandwiches! :eek: I demand compensation!!!! :D:D;)

Geez, now I feel cheated...I boarded the Crown last December in FLL for the first time as a Platinum member. We had refreshments and pasteries but no sandwiches! :eek: I demand compensation!!!! :D:D;)

Me too!!!;)

Does anyone know what the Brooklyn terminal is like? Is there an area to sit while waiting for boarding to start? Does this terminal have special lounges for Platinum and elite?

As a 1st time Princess passenger will we be given numbers for boarding according to when we arrive? I know boarding procedures vary depending upon which city you depart from and some begin boarding much earlier than others.

Has anyone experienced boarding at the Broklyn port?

Boarded the Crown from the Brooklyn Terminal a few years back. The boarding process was quick with almost no wait. We arrived around 1:00pm and were at the buffet by 1:30. Very efficient process. Can't answer about lounges as we were in and out of the terminal rather quickly. No numbers given. We had all of our paperwork and pre-cruise documents in order, which helps with a speedy boarding.

Not to get off subject but we're Platinum - did not know about a Platinum Lounge pre-boarding. I did know about a lounge to wait to disembark. Can you all fill me in about the Platinum Lounge pre-cruise? Where? What does it involve? I'm referring to FLL. We will be arriving in a taxi as we are passing on the Princess transfers for the first time in 7 cruises. Thank you.

Does anyone know what the Brooklyn terminal is like? Is there an area to sit while waiting for boarding to start? Does this terminal have special lounges for Platinum and elite?

As a 1st time Princess passenger will we be given numbers for boarding according to when we arrive? I know boarding procedures vary depending upon which city you depart from and some begin boarding much earlier than others.

Has anyone experienced boarding at the Broklyn port?

Very nice terminal, Elite waiting area.

I think they do give out group cards.

We have sailed out of Red Hook 3 times....

It is Noon or later on boarding.

Archived