Boarding cards

stargazer

Have read here of people printing out their boarding cards, I have filled in the pre cruise information form on the cruise personalizer on Princess website but don't see any boarding passes, we sail in 5 weeks so maybe I am too early?

Have read here of people printing out their boarding cards, I have filled in the pre cruise information form on the cruise personalizer on Princess website but don't see any boarding passes, we sail in 5 weeks so maybe I am too early?

Usually they are available for printing shortly after final payment date. I have heard of some that were unable to print their boarding passes because there was still info missing (such as credit card info). Does it say all your information is completely on your personalizer?

I thought I read somewhere that if you live in the UK it is not possible to print out the boarding pass. Someone from the U.K. can correct me if I am wrong.

Marilyn

I thought I read somewhere that if you live in the UK it is not possible to print out the boarding pass. Someone from the U.K. can correct me if I am wrong.

Marilyn

Friends of mine in the UK printed theirs out 4 weeks ago without any problems.

Having just come back from the Crown they are now needed to get to security easily. If you don't have your boarding pass and there is a queue to get in then you will have to wait on one side until such time as the 'queue manager' has time to check the manifest for your name and cabin. They certainly save time.

Thanks for the info, yes I have filled everything in and it is telling me that it is "complete" so I doubt if anything is missing. I will give it another week or so and if I still have problems I will call Princess.

:confused: Is there any good reason for printing your boarding cards 60-65 days before departure?? I'm pretty sure we'd lose them or crumple them up.:eek:

For the same reason, I haven't taken our passports out of their "safe" place yet.:rolleyes:

Glenn

Hi Folks,

Ensuring your personalizer is current and up to date will facilitate the embaarkation process because you will have the PIF, credit card info etc etc all completed. This allows you to basically show the check-in agent your credit card to which you are charging onboard purchases(to ensure it matches that named in your personalizer), passport and boarding passes.

I generally put together a small file folder with all the paperwork inside (including photocopies of my passport) and flag the various items I require for the embarkation agent. That way she flies through it and BINGO, I have my card in less than five minutes.

Have a great cruise and "Escape Completely" with Princess.

Ciao for now!!!

Print one out to see what it looks like. You can print again and again. Also if your computer has an option to print to file do that and then you can print as many copies as you want without going to Princess website.

:confused: Is there any good reason for printing your boarding cards 60-65 days before departure?? I'm pretty sure we'd lose them or crumple them up.:eek:

For the same reason, I haven't taken our passports out of their "safe" place yet.:rolleyes:

Glenn

Is there any good reason for printing your boarding cards 60-65 days before departure?? I'm pretty sure we'd lose them or crumple them up.

If you do not want to print them out that far in advance, no need to do so.

If you do print them out, you can always print them again if they are lost. No problem if you use a crumpled one.

I too put all the paperwork in a plastic file and place in my hand luggage. That way it is altogether and doesn't get lost/creased. Also if the other luggage gets lost, the boarding passes are still with me.

We couldn't print our boarding passes either. The option just wasn't there.

With the luggage tags there was a letterheaded bit of paper with "this is your cruise ticket for you and your party"

You can print out your Boarding Pass within 75 days only if you did the following -

• Your booking is paid in full and received by Princess.
  • Passenger Immigration info is complete.
  • Your Credit Card info has been applied to the booking

You can print out your Boarding Pass within 75 days only if you did the following -

• Your booking is paid in full and received by Princess.
  • Passenger Immigration info is complete.
  • Your Credit Card info has been applied to the booking

Have done all of the above but there is still no option to print boarding passes, maybe they will arrive with my cruise tickets?

Have done all of the above but there is still no option to print boarding passes, maybe they will arrive with my cruise tickets?

Princess stopped sending boarding passes with docs back in '06.

If your unable to print your boarding pass, you will know immediately if something in your mandatory immigration information is missing.

I would go back and review.

If you used a TA called them and request to have your pass mailed to you.

Don't worry if you can't print pass, it just makes it easier to have at check-in.

When we are cruising or any trip for that matter, I have a Travel Folder, all information for that trip goes into there, Hotel Info, Cruise, Air, etc. About 1 month out maybe sooner I will put our Passports and final papers in. A couple weeks before all of this goes on our dresser so I am not running around the house gathering everything up, it is all in one location & less chance of forgetting anything.

I also keep a travel folder. I always have what I need! I print my boarding pass early because, a few years ago, I remember the RCI website was down for a while and people who were waiting to print their's could not get them. I know if I lose them I can always reprint them, but that has never happened. I also print out two copies of each and we both carry a copy, just in case.

This time was strange, though. I had filled out ALL of my information on both my reservation and my Mom's cabin. I know I filled out the credit card information on both as the personalizer said "complete". Also, I had to call my cousin (who is sailing with my Mom) to get her credit card number. However, when our boarding passes were ready (I recieved an e-mail notification) we could not print them out until we had re entered our Credit Card information. Somehow it had gone away. Ok, no problem - we re-entered it and then were able to print.

Our Hawaii Roll this past Oct, was the first time I had ever done the Set Sail, in the last 3 cruises, our TA had provided me all the documents,with Princess i had received the Docs with Tour information to fill out and send back in along with other information, then rest of information, luggage tags came in just before the cruise. This time, after i filled out all the information and made final payment, I printed out the Set Sail pass and received not only the docs 1 month before sailing but rest of information came two weeks later. Not sure why it didn't go to our TA.

Usually they are available for printing shortly after final payment date. I have heard of some that were unable to print their boarding passes because there was still info missing (such as credit card info). Does it say all your information is completely on your personalizer?

Just did this last night. I went to look at boarding pass and it said complete but unable to print. Like Toto said it was credit card, I had forgotten. Added credit card info and was able to print within one minute.

Have Fun

Archived