What did you pay for the Dream???

jschafer6161

To many factors involved here. How many people? Cabin location and type, time of year traveling? Check the website for CCL. There are dates for 2010 available and after April there will be lots more. Or call Carnival and ask questions.

Impossible to answer......

Go to the website and browse around the Dream itineraries...all the prices are there.

Usually, most don't ask what others pay.....however, some folks will be glad to post their deals when they get one.

What does it matter what someone else might have paid?

Prices change. There's no way to predict whether they'll go up or come down, so knowing what someone paid who may have booked months ago is meaningless.

YOU decide what you can afford and if the Dream is in your budget and you like the itinerary, then book it.

If prices are too high now, you can wait and see if they come down, but if they don't, they don't.

And if someone else paid less than the current prices, you'll just be unhappy that you can't get that price, so what good does that do?

I'll never understand why it matters to people what someone else pays. :confused:

Just got back a week ago from our cruise and am itching to book another. What's the lowest price anyone paid for the Dream so far?? I know it all depends on when you sail, but I'd like an estimate. Thanks so much.

You are asking for the lowest price on a ship that no one has cruised on yet. The Carnival Dream will not begin to take paying passengers until September 2009, and will not arrive in Florida until November 2009.

Perhaps you should look at the prices for the sailings around the time you want to go. Realize that prices will be lower during the less popular times. Also prices will be lowest for inside cabins near the bow or stern.

I would guess those who booked the Glory, knowing the Dream would be taking over got the best prices??? ... seems I remember folks rushing to book the Glory to get Glory prices instead of new ship prices later on. Maybe the new early booking fares are now lower though.

Hmmm, i paid $539 pp w/o tax for a IS GTY sailing 12/12/09, then I changed the sail date to 04/17/2010 and paid $799 pp w/o tax for a Cove Balcony!

I cant wait to see what a balcony that close to the water is like! :D:D

Hmmm, i paid $539 pp w/o tax for a IS GTY sailing 12/12/09, then I changed the sail date to 04/17/2010 and paid $799 pp w/o tax for a Cove Balcony!

I cant wait to see what a balcony that close to the water is like! :D:D

I for one am happy someone finally answered the OP's question..thanks

I would guess those who booked the Glory, knowing the Dream would be taking over got the best prices???

I personally agree with that theory as well.

Maybe the new early booking fares are now lower though.

Close, but the re-books are still a bit lower (or at least for some situations)

Oddly, some of the holiday sailings for Dream in 2010 ain't that bad when compared to other ships sailing at the same time.

We paid $445.00 (with tax $515.00) on Dream (inside Riviera Deck) which I like. Sailing Jan.9/10. I think I got a good deal. :)

I think I won :D, LOL, we paid $444 for an inside on Jan. 9th...wait, your on my sailing!!!

I know sometimes on a new ship you pay more to be on the "new ship", but we are paying $30 pp less than we did in Jan. 2009!

The Dream Cruise on Jan 2nd is less expensive than the same date sailing for the Carnival Freedom. We got an awesome rate due to early booking.

Less than 2000 dollars for 4 people including tax. But we are not picky.

I had originally booked an 8d wrap for 2450, still owed 1950 after deposit for Feb. 27 2010.

Early saver prices came about and now have cancelled that one.

I now have an 8d for Sept. 2010 for 1730 including port and taxes. Early Saver and change of month saves us 700 bucks! So yes, the time frame and promo prices can make a big difference in what you pay!

Why not, this is for January 16, 2010 cruise to Eastern Caribbean. They are all on Deck 9.

Cat 8E Balcony, 3 people, Cruise $2187, fees 175.05 (total for all 3 people).

Cat 8E Balcony, 2 People, Cruise $1818.00, fees 175.05

Cat 4G Interior, 3 people, Cruise $1427, fees 116.70

I would note this was with Early Saver, but also on the week of MLK day so lots of kids have 2 days off that week. I assume that makes it a more popular week for January.

Paid $2300.00 including taxes and everything for 2 of us, this was for a 9A wrap around on the empress deck, it is for the Jan 30 sailing to eastern carib 7 days. the price was a little high I thought but she is a new ship and will be beautiful. been on the Glory at the sametype of cabin and it was fantastic. this will be even better because it is higher on the back of the ship. over all I think it is more than worth it.

I would guess those who booked the Glory, knowing the Dream would be taking over got the best prices??? ... seems I remember folks rushing to book the Glory to get Glory prices instead of new ship prices later on. Maybe the new early booking fares are now lower though.

firefly333,

I was one of those who booked Glory knowing it would transfer to Dream and you're right; Early saver prices are cheaper so I switched my booking to Early Saver.

We are going on the Cruisecritic Dream cruise on 4/24/10. Booked a 4C for 2 for a little over $1400 including taxes, fees. $100 OBC, perks. I can get it cheaper on early saver so may do that down the road.

Archived