Ny ch 2 news..pregnant woman booted from cruise

trock

Another sneaky passenger trying to smuggle something on board.

LMAO and obviously doesn't come on here or she woulda known it was to be in the CHECKED baggage...

Seriously though do the math. Says she booked in August and was due in April. so either she was pregnant and didn't know it or got pregnant from the celebrating booking a cruise. Either way when she went to the doctor he said your due date is XXXX and the first thing that'd come to my mind would be "hey I'll be on a cruise about then" and the second thing would be "oh S**T I'll be on a cruise at that time..."

Honestly.....

Another whiner who doesn't bother to do her research.

Looks to me like the Travel Agent was a little shy of comptent too...Maybe the agency should cough up the refund for this nitwit.

My TA has never asked me if I'm pregnant nor told me to read ship company policies. The agency should not be asked to cover.

Wow, due April 7, that close to a due date I'd stick closer to home and my doctor/hospital!

I agree with them for not letting her one. She is around 37 weeks and term. She could deliver at any time and what on earth would they do with her on the ship if she went into labor? If everything went well she would be ok and have a story to tell. Only things don't always go smooth and how on earth would they deal with that. She was nuts to even think of going. I'm sure her doctor had no idea about it either or they would have told her she was nuts. The same rules apply to CCL too. I saw a few gals that looked a lot past 24 weeks too but I fig they just didn't get busted.

I don't understand how you could be pregnant and not realize that could be a problem, at least enough to call and check with the cruise line. There are restrictions on all sorts of things when you are pregnant, especially travel, SHEESH!!!!!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

I don't know about RCCL, but it couldn't be any clearer on Carnival's website. They make it very clear that you cannot sail past x months pregnant. It's not safe for you if you were to have complications, not to mention the viruses and things that sometimes hit a ship. A pregnant woman should not be putting herself in that situation. Again, SHEESH!!!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Another one of those it's all about ME ME ME. :rolleyes: No concern for the baby or it's safety.

Just like that M.I.A. person who strutted her stuff recently on one of the award shows......she went into labor a few hours later.......and she looked ridiculous dancing on stage.

The other day at a local St. Pat's parade, there was a roller derby group:rolleyes: marching. OK, no issue there until everyone realized that the group leader was at least 8 months along and was doing all sorts of roller skating tricks while wearing a halter top and hot pants. She had a bullseye painted on her stomach to boot. Sure, she got attention and yeah yeah she had every right in the world to dress and do what she did, but I can tell you that from my vantage point among hundreds of revelers, she was being called an idiot! Just sayin':confused:

I don't understand how you could be pregnant and not realize that could be a problem, at least enough to call and check with the cruise line. There are restrictions on all sorts of things when you are pregnant, especially travel, SHEESH!!!!!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

I don't know about RCCL, but it couldn't be any clearer on Carnival's website. They make it very clear that you cannot sail past x months pregnant. It's not safe for you if you were to have complications, not to mention the viruses and things that sometimes hit a ship. A pregnant woman should not be putting herself in that situation. Again, SHEESH!!!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

I'd guess that thinking she could go on the cruise is way down the list of her priorities, if any such a list exists.

LMAO and obviously doesn't come on here or she woulda known it was to be in the CHECKED baggage...

Seriously though do the math. Says she booked in August and was due in April. so either she was pregnant and didn't know it or got pregnant from the celebrating booking a cruise. Either way when she went to the doctor he said your due date is XXXX and the first thing that'd come to my mind would be "hey I'll be on a cruise about then" and the second thing would be "oh S**T I'll be on a cruise at that time..."

I knew of a woman once who planned her wedding 2 years in advance and then got pregnant exactly 9 months before the wedding. So what did she do? She went ahead with it, never tried to change the wedding date, had the baby on WEDNESDAY and went to the wedding on SATURDAY.

Now, you tell me why they didn't reschedule the wedding so at least she would be recuperated by then. Don't say money, things can be arranged. She was so pale and ill at the reception that it was downright pitiful.....not to mention stupid. You all know I am a big fan of logical thinking!:)

Just curious is all, but there is a doctor on board. Wouldn't he be qualified to deliver a baby if circumstances came to that necessity? I realize probably there would be little on board for the comfort and care of a newborn. Babies have been born on airplanes, however.

Also, hopefully the birth would be normal and the infant would not have any medical emergency, but if push came to shove (no puns intended :o), an expectant mother would be closer to a doctor on a cruise ship than almost anywhere else she might be, even her own home.

All that said, I do understand why a cruiseline would not want to assume the risk of liability if a birth on board should not go well. I don't blame the cruiseline for turning a near term woman away.

Just curious is all, but there is a doctor on board. Wouldn't he be qualified to deliver a baby if circumstances came to that necessity? I realize probably there would be little on board for the comfort and care of a newborn. Babies have been born on airplanes, however.

Also, hopefully the birth would be normal and the infant would not have any medical emergency, but if push came to shove (no puns intended :o), an expectant mother would be closer to a doctor on a cruise ship than almost anywhere else she might be, even her own home.

All that said, I do understand why a cruiseline would not want to assume the risk of liability if a birth on board should not go well. I don't blame the cruiseline for turning a near term woman away.

I don't think they are equipped on a ship to perform a C-section if necessary, and sometimes these procedures become necessary suddenly.

That last part is the big one. You can't intentionally go in a high risk situation away from hospitals etc and hope everything goes fine. What happens if the baby need oxygen or a transfusion? They aren't going have a neonatal hospital on board. By the time they got to a hospital there would be a chance they'd of lost both if the worst happened.

That's what the cruise lines and most sane Mothers want to avoid. They don't want to risk the Mother or/and babies health if one of those what ifs actually happens.

We just booked on the Ecstacy for February 15-20, 2010, for 8 people, 6 of them under 25. We were told POINT BLANK no one would be allowed to board who was more than 24 weeks pregnant. So, we told everyone to make sure no one got pregnant! I don't believe anyone is not being told!!!!! The CVS repeated it to make sure we understood.

Would her travel insurance cover denied boarding???
Knowing Insurance Companies, I rather doubt it

and for once I would be on their side.

The fault lies with her -and maybe her Travel Agent for not advising her

but it's unclear if the TA knew of the pregnancy when she booked.

Honestly.....

Another whiner who doesn't bother to do her research.

Looks to me like the Travel Agent was a little shy of comptent too...Maybe the agency should cough up the refund for this nitwit.

G'ma I've never seen a travel agent, I use one over the phone. And not once have they ever asked me if I'm pregnant.

You cannot blame the travel agent if you don't know the situation.

If anyone had any common sense and was pregnant they should know not to go on a cruise when they are due in a month. How could you even have any fun that far along? Since they tell you when you book, how could they not know :rolleyes:?

Archived