cruise on Ruby just cancelled

cruisenuts4life

They have not cancelled the cruise. I just check there site and it is still being offered. On April 11 you can do a 23 day Caribbean/Med or pick up the ship in Ft. Laud for an 11 day Mediteranean. I think they changed the itinerary.

We're talking about the 2010 itineraries being cancelled, not the 2009.

I have been watching for the 2010 Europe Ruby schedule for a few months now. I thought it odd that the Ruby sailed to the Med during the end of April this year but was scheduled for the Caribbean the whole month of April 2010. I would bet that with all the 2/1 deals for Europe this year that Princess has had better then expected numbers for Europe and thusly decided to keep the schedule the same next year. The last Princess person I talked with told me that the 2010 Europe schedule would be out in April and we're nearing that time.

I would be so upset if a cruise I've booked was cancelled and I have to change my plans. Not everyone can change when they can go on vacation.

I am waiting to see the 2010-11 itineraries too. I sm hoping that some Princess ships will be over on the West Coast (Hawaii, M.R.) during the fall/winter. The more, the better!

I would be so upset if a cruise I've booked was cancelled and I have to change my plans. Not everyone can change when they can go on vacation.

Since this cruise was scheduled for April, 2010, 13 months away, I doubt many people had their 2010 vacation firmly in place.

Since this cruise was scheduled for April, 2010, 13 months away, I doubt many people had their 2010 vacation firmly in place.
It is very likely that the cancelled cruises will be replaced with similar itineraries when the new schedules come out. Different ships might be involved. Fortunately, it's more than a year away so nobody will have problems with cancelling flights and incurring charges.

There might be some interesting repos available next April...could be something to keep an eye on.

I would guess that Princess has learned that cancelling a voyage before airfare can be obtained privately is the best route to take. Anytime they cancel a cruise before airfare is available privately, it is so much better than after when passengers must pay a change fee or penalty for their flights.

It will be intersting to see just what the cruise line will come up with instead of these sailings. I would guess, something that does not include major air travel, as the prices and hassle are beginning to cut down on some bookings this past year or so.

Sorry to hear you cruise was cancelled, but plenty of time to find something else! ;)

In the past 3 days, I have randomly called Princess 12 times and spoke with different res agents.

They all say, as a pat answer

The Europe itineraries will be out in June.

and yes of course I questioned that!

Also, asked about the cancellations of the Star Princess itinerary as SFO is my home port.

and they said more details would come out on Monday of this week as it just happened and upper management wasn't forthcomingof the exact reasons.

I'm just repeating what I heard ..only the messanger here

My only dilema is that I was going back and forth between Celebrity Equinox and Princess for the past year and finally went with Princess and really liked the intenery.Never been on Princess before so now I am back to where I started a year ago.Any suggestions would be appreciated between the two.

In the past 3 days, I have randomly called Princess 12 times and spoke with different res agents.

They all say, as a pat answer

The Europe itineraries will be out in June.

and yes of course I questioned that!

Also, asked about the cancellations of the Star Princess itinerary as SFO is my home port.

and they said more details would come out on Monday of this week as it just happened and upper management wasn't forthcomingof the exact reasons.

I'm just repeating what I heard ..only the messanger here

I will be pissed if it's June. Actually I wouldn't be sailing Princess. Amongst other things we're looking at Transatlantics, if I don't book my flights 356 days in advance using my points, I won't be getting free flights. Seeing as we know now that their transatlantics are in April, it would rule them out for us.

I would guess that Princess has learned that cancelling a voyage before airfare can be obtained privately is the best route to take. Anytime they cancel a cruise before airfare is available privately, it is so much better than after when passengers must pay a change fee or penalty for their flights.

It will be intersting to see just what the cruise line will come up with instead of these sailings. I would guess, something that does not include major air travel, as the prices and hassle are beginning to cut down on some bookings this past year or so.

Sorry to hear you cruise was cancelled, but plenty of time to find something else! ;)

have to agree, things happen for a reason and when you are handed lemons you make lemonade :)

nope they are for 2010 just checked

Our Star cruise in South America is cancelled too.

March 16, 2010 Rio to Santiago

March 30, 2010 Santiago to San Fran

Both cancelled

That definitely sounds like a redeployment to East Coast or Europe.

have to agree, things happen for a reason and when you are handed lemons you make lemonade :)

Vickie,

Sorry to hear about that cancellation. I know you were looking forward to that cruise.:(

So for lemonade how about a re-reunion of your Emerald 2008 cruise? :D

Amongst other things we're looking at Transatlantics, if I don't book my flights 356 days in advance using my points, I won't be getting free flights.

Interesting, I didn't think any air could be booked more than 330 days in advance.

Aeroplan Frequent Flyer reward flights have always opened 356 days in advance. I think a lot of the US is 330 but not Canada.

OK, that answers that question then. Yep, in the U.S. you can't reserve anything until 330 days out. Thanks for the explanation. ;)

Cruise Junky...

My DH and I are in the same situation as you..

We usually travel off season in April and/or May to Europe and would like to know our options ASAP because we do use FF miles.

I;ve looked at other lines, but no itineraries speak to us. I spoke with Holland America and their schedule will be out in April - the Prinsendam is out now.

We might do something totally off the beaten path

and book a Viking River Cruise throughout the Ukraine and then post cruise throughout Romania.

Cruise Junky...

My DH and I are in the same situation as you..

We usually travel off season in April and/or May to Europe and would like to know our options ASAP because we do use FF miles.

I;ve looked at other lines, but no itineraries speak to us. I spoke with Holland America and their schedule will be out in April - the Prinsendam is out now.

We might do something totally off the beaten path

and book a Viking River Cruise throughout the Ukraine and then post cruise throughout Romania.

The Prinsendam is one popular ship! We really liked one of her itineraries but she was already sold out for suites! The cruise is September 2010!! That's crazy. I keep getting a lot of material from Viking and love their itineraries, but just not sure about river cruising right now.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cancellations. I know how disappointing this can be. To answer your question about credits, when our Carnival Baltics cruise was cancelled for summer '09 - we were offered a comparable rate on a comparble itinerary either on HAL or Princess (as they both had Baltics cruises planned.) They handled the change very well, with clear info and a dedicated phone line for passengers to call in to check prices who were formerly booked on the Carnival cruise.

I hope it all works out for you.

you never know, when are you going?

We booked 11 days on th Grand Jan. 4-15 (Southern Caribbean ) and

15 days on the Coral Feb.5-20 (LA-FLL Panama Canal) but would be open to changing. We had a really great time with you! Can you get away at all next winter?

We booked 11 days on th Grand Jan. 4-15 (Southern Caribbean ) and

15 days on the Coral Feb.5-20 (LA-FLL Panama Canal) but would be open to changing. We had a really great time with you! Can you get away at all next winter?

We don't really want to do the Grand again, much prefer the Emerald/Crown/Ruby - we miss the Piazza and Caribe Cafe when we were on the Grand.

If we go away it will be in Jan. Can't do Feb at all because of Olympics here and company won't give us time off... we will be busy then. Might do b2b on Ruby Jan 9 and Jan 19 or something similar - we did that itinerary last year.

Archived