cruise on Ruby just cancelled

cruisenuts4life

I was just informed that our cruise on Ruby for April 19 has been cancelled.Was wondering if this has happened to anyone before and do they give an onboard credit if you go on same ship on different date?I think that they should do something.

Oh thats awful! I'm sorry to hear that...

I'm not sure about OBC though, I agree, they should do something.

-Pet

I was just informed that our cruise on Ruby for April 19 has been cancelled.Was wondering if this has happened to anyone before and do they give an onboard credit if you go on same ship on different date?I think that they should do something.
Changes to ship's itinerary and or cancellation notices are usually accompanied by any compensatory offers.

Were you informed by a TA you are using or by Princess Cruises directly? If TA it is possible that she/he has access to more details. I would contact whoever informed you directly asking what the whole picture might be, or when you will have all the facts if this was an early notification.

I have seen elsewhere on the board where some ships have been chartered for government functions like a summit of local nations.

Hello

Our Star Princess cruise on 4-16-2010 was also cancelled. Wandering,what is going on, that two ships have cancelled about the same time. Sharon

Our Star Princess cruise on 3-30-2010 (Santiago to San Francisco) was also cancelled. I'm suspecting that Princess may have decided to change the deployment of the Star for the late spring and summer of 2010.

Craig

Hmm. We are on a HAL Mexico Riviera cruise April 2010 (10 day sea of cortez) and that got pushed out a week! Its a single 10 day cruise before deploying to Alaska for the season.

We got $75 apiece OBC if we stayed with the cruise just going a week later.

I wonder if it was cancelled for the same reasons as these other ships. I believe the dates are the same.

Princess cancels cruises to accommodate Government summit

September 23, 2008 - Princess Cruises has cancelled five Caribbean Princess cruises in April 2009 following an approach to hold an important government conference on board.

The cancelled cruises are:

April 5, 14-day Caribbean (San Juan roundtrip)

April 12, 7-day Southern Caribbean (San Juan roundtrip)

April 12,14-day Caribbean (San Juan roundtrip)

April 19, 7-day Southern Caribbean (San Juan roundtrip)

April 19, 14-day Caribbean (San Juan roundtrip)

Princess will be calling passengers to advise them of the cancellations and offer them alternative cruises.

zero.gif

I wonder if it was cancelled for the same reasons as these other ships. I believe the dates are the same.

Princess cancels cruises to accommodate Government summit

September 23, 2008 - Princess Cruises has cancelled five Caribbean Princess cruises in April 2009 following an approach to hold an important government conference on board.

The cancelled cruises are:

April 5, 14-day Caribbean (San Juan roundtrip)

April 12, 7-day Southern Caribbean (San Juan roundtrip)

April 12,14-day Caribbean (San Juan roundtrip)

April 19, 7-day Southern Caribbean (San Juan roundtrip)

April 19, 14-day Caribbean (San Juan roundtrip)

Princess will be calling passengers to advise them of the cancellations and offer them alternative cruises.

zero.gif

That was in 2008 wasn't it?

We were booked for a Holland America cruise that was scheduled for over a year away. It was cancelled and all monies returned.

There was no OBC or anything else because it was so far away and adjustments do happen. If it was close to the date then they would offer something.

MaryAnn

nope they are for 2010 just checked

Our Star cruise in South America is cancelled too.

March 16, 2010 Rio to Santiago

March 30, 2010 Santiago to San Fran

Both cancelled

Holy Cow Vickie!

I'm so sorry to hear that I know you and Bernie were very excited about those cruises. Did they give you any reason for canceling?

Holy Cow Vickie!

I'm so sorry to hear that I know you and Bernie were very excited about those cruises. Did they give you any reason for canceling?

What is funny Sharon is just this week we had decided to cancel because it seems that work isn't going to give us enough time off in 2010 because of the Olympics (they need us). So we were going to postpone to 2011, glad we mentally had changed our minds because yes we would of been disappointed.

I don't know why they cancelled but I think they are just going to reposition the Star at least to probably the Caribbean as her last sailing is Santiago to Rio right now. They are just shaking things up a bit I guess.

About this time last year Princess announced a lot of cancellations for April 09 as they wanted to put more ships in Europe. 2010 brochures are due out anytime so probably the same reason. Very disappointing as our Emerald Princess cruise was cancelled through this. We got 50$ each OBC for a future cruise which was ok as it was almost a year away.

does anyone know if this is caused by the world credit crunch?

Well they've done it the past few years too, but I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. They're going to put the ships where they think they can sell them for the highest price.

They have not cancelled the cruise. I just check there site and it is still being offered. On April 11 you can do a 23 day Caribbean/Med or pick up the ship in Ft. Laud for an 11 day Mediteranean. I think they changed the itinerary.

Archived