found camera in St Thomas

candizfan

You might want to check the Carnival Connections message boards. I recall someone there saying they lost their camera. Unfortunately, I can't remember where they said they lost it. How nice of you to try to return it to the owner.

The first picture I take on my digital camera is a note with my name and some contact info just in case a person with a good heart finds my camera. :)

For everyday use: name and phone#

During a cruise: name, ship name and ports

On a road vacation: name, hotel name, hotel phone#

We found a camera while in St. Thomas on March 18th. If you lost a camera and can identify it and where you lost it, or the pictures, I will return the camera to you.

Post some of the pics here, It could be mine :D

Fred

The first picture I take on my digital camera is a note with my name and some contact info just in case a person with a good heart finds my camera. :)

This is a great idea. Sure makes it easier for a person to "do the right thing" if all the information is right on the camera.

Jenn

How do you know a cruiser lost it? If you looked at the pics, was there any way to identify the owners, like which ship, etc?

I would think a few people lose their camera's on every cruise.

Now that is a good idea!

Wow! What a great idea! I never thought of doing something like that! Will definitely keep that in mind for my next cruise!

What a great idea!

Wow! Well I'm sure hoping this is OUR camera! We lost our Canon Powershot A400 the last day of our cruise when we were at Coki Beach!.. We contacted the tour operator to see if it was left on the bus, but no such luck. My husband sat down on a big rock to put his shoes on before boarding the bus, and thinks he's forgotten to pick the camera up. It's in a black soft plastic case. I was so upset about the fact that we'd lost all our cruise pictures. Yes, cameras can be replaced but the pictures are what was important.

What a great idea about using your name and address as the first picture on the camera .

Here's hoping it's our camera! :) ... and thank you for being such an honest person!

How do you know a cruiser lost it? If you looked at the pics, was there any way to identify the owners, like which ship, etc?

I would think a few people lose their camera's on every cruise.

Yes we can identify which ship the people were on and there are a couple pictures of people who might be the owner or traveling with the owner.

They are pretty standard holiday photos. We were not on the same ship as the owner of the camera.

I printed labels and stuck them on my camera(s) and phone. That way even if the battery dies, someone can still contact me.

We have done the same thing and it helps when you have a bunch of cameras that might look the same on a table at a party or for group shots.

We also decided to make the first photo a contact photo of where you were at on your holiday.

Archived