Price Reductions

brian_uk

I don't think they have to cut quality to cut pricing. The line only has two ships and is backed by RCL. I think they are finding that their aggressive pricing is both filling their ships as well as inducing pax from other lines (e.g., Oceania) to give them a try.

After 3 cruises on Oceania, we thought that their prices were getting a little out of hand; we decided to give Azamara a try. We leave on our 4th Azamara cruise this summer. Decrease in quality has not been a problem so far. Instead of one cruise a year, we can now take two because of the price difference. Thank you Azamara.

Apparently there is a further cut on the way today.

What worries me a little is will Azamara be making cutbacks on quality to compensate ?

Dear Brian, could you give some hints on where further cuts can be observed at the moment. On German and US sites I saw proces steady or climbing during last 24 hours.

Could anyone tell me if access to the thalasso pool has to be paid still? Thx

We are on the July 18 sailing in the Baltic on Journey. The price has not gone down on our cabin at all and in fact has gone up by more than 25% from what we paid. Most of this is probably related to exchange rates between CDN and US $. However, Baltic cruises from June 30 on seem to have fallen in price.

Dear Brian, could you give some hints on where further cuts can be observed at the moment. On German and US sites I saw proces steady or climbing during last 24 hours.

Could anyone tell me if access to the thalasso pool has to be paid still? Thx

Yes

I got an email from my TA some cruises are discounted

2 for 1 savings

May2 7 nts Journey

May 23 14 Nts Journey

Aug 9 14nts Quest

Oct 17 , 31 & Nov 14 14 nts Quest

*Prices are per person, cruise only, based on double occupancy, veranda stateroom, in USD, subject to change without notice. 2-for-1 savings offer based on reduced per person, double occupancy published brochure rates of select 2009 Europe sailings, subject to availability. Price shown reflects veranda stateroom on Azamara Quest® October 17 and 31, 2009 sailing. Offer is capacity controlled, applies to select stateroom categories, and may be withdrawn at any time. Savings may vary by sailing date and stateroom category. Other terms and conditions apply. Price protection applicable to prices advertised by Azamara Cruises only. Excludes new bookings only offers and prior sailings. Qualification requirements and restrictions of replacement offer supersede those of prior offer. Requests for price adjustment must be made no later than 48 hours prior to sailing by calling Azamara or your Travel Agent. ©2009 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ships' Registry: Malta. 09014519 · 3/2009

After reading the board this morning where people were talking about this price drop, I kept an eye on the site and indeed, when I refreshed the site this afternoon, the price for the Veranda cabin was down to $2389 CA from $2829 CA. I contacted my TA about it and she'll get back to me. I am suspecting that there are some strings attached to that... such as loosing SBC and PP gratuities or something else. It can't just be a nice price drop, no hidden agenda! But we'll see. One must always be positive.:)

Just received an email from my reliable and most trustworthy TA that on my sailing, August 9th, the price of SS has GONE UP !!!!!!!

My apologies to all.

Brian

No need to apologize, balcony prices did go down..just not Sky Suites..

there is a guarantee price of $1999 plus tax for a balcony cabin , if you get your own air. For anyone with mileage it would be a great deal!!

Jancruz1

No need to apologize, balcony prices did go down..just not Sky Suites..

there is a guarantee price of $1999 plus tax for a balcony cabin , if you get your own air. For anyone with mileage it would be a great deal!!

Jancruz1

Wow! We are on the 5.16 and I thought that $2299 was a fabulous price!

I confess that I do worry about the long term viability of Azamara as a separate line. Ownership by RCCL isn't comforting to me, since RCI, the sister company, has to find financing for its Beast and Blunder of the Seas coming out in the next two years. I think that's soaking up every spare drop of capital in the corporation.

But for now I'm just going to enjoy it while it's there!:)

I got an email from my TA some cruises are discounted

2 for 1 savings

May2 7 nts Journey

May 23 14 Nts Journey

Aug 9 14nts Quest

Oct 17 , 31 & Nov 14 14 nts Quest

LHT28, could you tell me the balcony cabin price for the August 9 sailing? Is it a 1A, 2A or guarantee? Thanks.

LHT28, could you tell me the balcony cabin price for the August 9 sailing? Is it a 1A, 2A or guarantee? Thanks.

I do not know

That was all the info from the TA in the email

You may want to contact your TA for further details

Lyn

Sorry Lyn, I thought your email included prices.

OOPS sorry ..it did but not cabin specific

I would think it would be on their website

May 2, 2009 Verandas from: Was $2,099 / NOW $1,049

May 23, 2009 Verandas from: Was $3,399 / NOW $1,699

August 9, 2009 Verandas from: Was $3,999 / NOW $1,999

October 17, 31; November 14, 2009 Verandas from: Was $3,799 / NOW $1,899

Airbalancer,

Thanks for the link. Did anything strike anyone as odd in the discount calculations? Like say this....

Azamara Quest 10-Night Western Mediterranean 10/7/09 $2,699 $2,699 89%

...... A misprint perhaps or a new accounting methodology? :)

Thanks to you people here, esp. Lyn, I was able to change my reservation from a room on deck three to a deluxe ocean view with veranda guarantee for less than my original rate! It is taking a bit of a chance and I am not sure if we keep the onboard credit, but I think it is worth it.

I was told by my TA that if we changed the booking to get the lower prices, we would lose the OBCAND the PP Gratuities. Based on that it was not worth our changing our current booking. Although I keep looking and hoping :)

Ian

We had done our booking directly with Azamara and had no problem getting the lower rate AND retaining our On Board and Shareholder Credits. All that they have to do is to use the same booking number.

Do you perhaps have a lazy TA?

Archived