Travelodge London

A while ago, I posted, asking for some inexpensive hotels in London. Some one put me on to the Travelodge page, where you can book inexpensive nights, if you pre pay, with no cancellation. OK, that's fine, but on going to their site, it seems as though there is a pretty big discrepency in price from one to another, even though they seem to all be in the same general area. I am looking at Travelodge Tower Bridge, Aldgate East, Liverpool St, London City road, Southwark, Farringdon, Covent Gardens, Kings Cross Royal Scot, Euston and a few others. I typed in City Center, and all these came up within a 4 mile radius. The price fluctuates widely from hotel to hotel.

My question, are these privately owned or do they all go by the same standards of the Treavelodge chain?. Why is there such a big difference in price from one to the other even though they all seem to be in the same general area?? If we are willing to book and pre pay, they really seem like a great buy. I just cannot get any info on their home page. Do they usually serve any sort of breakfast also??? And finally, while we won't be going until August, is it preferable to book now, or wait until the trip gets closer??

Thanks for any info on this.

My family have stayed recently in London city road travelodge.We paid £29 each night for the room (2 adults/2 kids),breakfast was £6.50 each I think if you prebooked online, kids eat free.It was very nice and clean.breakfast was a hot/cold buffet,I would return again,5 mins walk to Moorgate tube,10/15 mins walk to Liverpool street station .All travelodges are uniform,but some are perhaps more recently refurbished,In London you depend on the tube,so anywhere near one is a must.

In my experience, the difference in price has been connected to location - proximity to attractions, type of setting, and in London, as said before, convenience for the Tube.

Those we've stayed in have been clean, comfortable and functional - nothing flashy but an excellent, economical option. I don't know whether you can pick up their offers out of the UK - but they do release rooms at 'bargain rates' (even better than their usual prices - it's possible to book a room for £19 in some Lodges) but obviously these are limited both in terms of numbers, dates and which Lodges are included. From memory I think they are relased about 2 months ahead - so perhaps you'd have to look in June/July for August. Can you sign up for their email alerts? If so, you'll get advance warning of offers.

I've used Travelodges a number of times, both in London and elsewhere. In fact I was there last week, at London Marylebone.

They vary a lot, even at about the same price point. Last week's was not very good: it was very noisy (not far from Euston Road/Westway & Edgeware Road/the A5), quite old (late 60s/early 702 tower block), a bit crumbly - not a good stay. However, at the end of January we stayed at London Liverpool Street for about the same price as last week and that was excellent: much newer, much more modern, quiet (especially at the weekend - the City is dead on Saturday & Sunday), etc, etc. We've also stayed previously at London Docklands, which is a fair way out but has good transport links (DLR in that case) and is also quiet.

If you can find out, avoid the ones in central London that are in older buildings - they will be less good, I would think.

I am looking at Travelodge Tower Bridge, Aldgate East, Liverpool St, London City road, Southwark, Farringdon, Covent Gardens, Kings Cross Royal Scot, Euston and a few others.

Why is there such a big difference in price from one to the other even though they all seem to be in the same general area?

They are absolutely not in the "same general area". These areas differ enormously from each other, and their relative attraction to business and leisure travellers. All that is, as you would expect, reflected in the price.

I've used Travelodges a number of times, both in London and elsewhere.....at the end of January we stayed at London Liverpool Street for about the same price as last week and that was excellent: much newer, much more modern, quiet.....

Hi, Tom_uk-

I noticed on their website that this hotel has a lot of construction work going on around it and the lift is currently not working. Was that the case in January when you stayed there?

Thanks for all the great info. When I meant same general area, I really meant radius , I guess. As I said, they all seem to be in about a 4 mile radius, but I guess that doesn't mean to much in a big city like London.

On the travelodge site, they show the prices for the days I want to be in London, in August, but I can't seem to be able to book the hotel I want for more than one night. Are you able to book for 5 nights in a row, at these reduces prices?? I just can't seem to figure out how? You can book each night individually, but I don't know if that would work??

On the travelodge site, they show the prices for the days I want to be in London, in August, but I can't seem to be able to book the hotel I want for more than one night. Are you able to book for 5 nights in a row, at these reduces prices?? I just can't seem to figure out how? You can book each night individually, but I don't know if that would work??

Not sure I understand what you are doing:confused:

I just tried a dummy booking and got 5 nights in August to come up.

When you put in the date of arrival & date of departure it should show the daily rate for each day in the panel & total for the week then you click book now ...check any add ons you want and confirm booking.

The special rate may not be available for all night you want but it will show that in the price panel.

Lyn

The only way I seem to be able to do it, is to book each day individually. I then can get a total of 5 days. My question is are they 5 separate bookings, and would I have to check out every day and then check in again. I know it sounds sort of silly, but could that be a possibility??

The only way I seem to be able to do it, is to book each day individually. I then can get a total of 5 days. My question is are they 5 separate bookings, and would I have to check out every day and then check in again. I know it sounds sort of silly, but could that be a possibility??

seems strange you cannot book for 5 days in a row ...I tried & was able to do it.:confused:

Are you putting in the date you are checking in then date to check out?

All travelodge hotels are directly owned and not operated independantely. They have a very complicated revenue management system which pitches each room at the price it anticpates it can get, which are automatically updated according to demand.

Therefore if you see a very cheap deal, it is best to book it as the price is likely to go up unless bookings dry up.

Travelodge also overbook by a long way, so make sure you arrive in plenty of time (I am talking arrivals after sort of 10pm may cause problems).

All hotels are of more or less the same standard, but some are less nice than others. Like any large hotel chain, it just depends when the hotel opened and when it was last renovated.

You will be able to book 5 nights in a row as everyone said, just put in your check in and check out dates. If it will not offer you the full five nights for your selected hotel, it could be because they are already sold out.

seems strange you cannot book for 5 days in a row ...I tried & was able to do it.:confused:

Are you putting in the date you are checking in then date to check out?

I am probably doing something wrong, but when I tried to do 5 days in a row, it came up regular price and not the special rates. This is NOT my forte.

Typing isn't my forte either. I had another paragraph on that last post, and it just went somewhere.

I am looking at Travelodge Tower Bridge or Travelodge Euston for the dates Aug 25- Aug 31 2009. When I tried to book these date, by putting in the entire dates, I get a price of 410 pounds, and no super saver ate. When I look at the individual days chart, there are 2 days at 29 pounds, 1 day at 32 pounds, on at 59 pounds and one day not on the saver rate, for 80 pounds, for a total of 229 pounds. (these is for the Tower Bridge travelodge). Is it too early to book these rooms for a 5 night consecutive stay??

I am good at some things, obviously booking hotel rooms isn't one of them. As I said before, I can book them individually at the rates shown, so I know there are rooms available. What I wanted to know is if I book them individually, does that count as one consecutive stay, or do I have to clear out every day and re check in. I wouldn't think so, but I have seen crazier things.

It looks like the Saver rate is only good on weekdays do the 25 to 29th

and see if you get the saver rate.

You may want to try some other locations I did notice Marylebone has saver rates for more dates Sat is more $ but still a good rate (I think)

That's it. I tried a different combination of dates, and it did come up with the saver rate. As I added more nights on, the rates increased to whatever the rate was for the most expensive night. So can I book separate nights, making a different booking for the 5 days at the going rate for each date??. Again, my question would I have to check out and recheck in every date. It does sound proposterous, but stranger things have happened.

That's it. I tried a different combination of dates, and it did come up with the saver rate. As I added more nights on, the rates increased to whatever the rate was for the most expensive night. So can I book separate nights, making a different booking for the 5 days at the going rate for each date??. Again, my question would I have to check out and recheck in every date. It does sound proposterous, but stranger things have happened.

I would book the maximum number of nights you need in the saver rate then you do not have to worry about those nights.

Remember there is no refund once you book those rates

Then book the other night(s) that are not covered in the saver rate ( I would do that on another day so not to look suspicious);)

I am not sure if you need to check in/out of the room

You could always try to see if you can have the same room when you check in

good luck

Lyn

With UK travelodge for consecutive nights it uses the highest price, you have to book the days one price at a time in seperate bookings, common practice.

That's what I thought, but it brings me back to one of my original questions. If I book them one night at a time, do I have to check out every day and recheck in again??> As I said, it sounds pretty foolish, but stranger things have happened. Plus, will we be in the same room for the entire 5 days??

Archived